PDA

View Full Version : Scanning 95 Neon ABS computer for codes?

inmyshadow
01-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Who knows how to scan a 95 Neon Sport for ABS codes? I want to know that is causing my low speed activation. I've pulled the ABS fuse, but that is a short term repair.

I've tried using my Matco 4000E enhanced scanner and ABS 98 cartridge. As it turns out, Chrysler abs isn't supported.

So who knows how to pull codes out of the ABS computer?

Later

shadow88
01-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Without the light coming on, you probably won't even have a code. You'll need live readings while driving to catch the faulty sensor. One will drop lower than the others under breaking. I've always had the drb3 at my disposal so I'm sorry I can't help you there.

dodgeshadowchik
01-30-2009, 07:15 PM
As for the low speed activation its one of the speed sensors. Mine did the same thing low speed activation until abs module relized speed sensor was bad. I would check the plugs for corrsion I have see quite a few neon speed sensor connectors with green stuff growing in them
But as far as I know the only way to access ABS module on 95 neon is with a drb3

inmyshadow
01-30-2009, 07:46 PM
I had this already. When bought my neon the ABS light was. Previous said it was the left rear sensor. At that time I didn't experience low speed actavation.

I found the connector corrode when I went to replace the sensor. I had to replace the body harness connector using a 93 newyorker as a donor.

That was when low speed actavation started. I pull the ABS fuse so I would have trustworthy brakes.

One of the few times I've removed the axles I notice debris in the tone ring. When I swapped to a 3.94 tranny I clean out the debris. Then I used a wire brush to remove rust scale.

I haven't driven the car since because of a transmission leak between the case halves. So i haven't tested to see if that was the problem.

Because of the rarity of 95 ABS neons and cost of new sensor,I grab them from the junkyards.

I was hoping to find info on how to scan the computer. I'll have to slap the local chrysler tech so cash to scan the car.

I would check the plugs for corrsion I have see quite a few neon speed sensor connectors with green stuff growing in them
But as far as I know the only way to access ABS module on 95 neon is with a drb3

dodgeshadowchik
01-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Best thing to do is hook a drb3 up to it and drive watch the speed sensors as you slow down You will find one sensor will read 0 mph before the other ones reach 0mph casuing abs to acutate becasue it thinks that wheel is locked up.

inmyshadow
03-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks to my Shadow's right rear drum/ebrake locking up, the neon was pressed into service. Leaking tranny and all. I'm awaiting a few parts to finally upgrade to full 11in brakes.

Part of getting the neon ready for service, I installed the ABS fuse. Totally forgot about this morning while driving. I just realized that I didn't have the low speed activation that plagued the car. So it seems I might have fixed my ABS finally. I haven't tested a panic stop yet.

Now if I can get my 11in brake upgrade on the shadow in a more timely manner.

Best thing to do is hook a drb3 up to it and drive watch the speed sensors as you slow down You will find one sensor will read 0 mph before the other ones reach 0mph casuing abs to acutate becasue it thinks that wheel is locked up.

shadow88
03-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks to my Shadow's right rear drum/ebrake locking up, the neon was pressed into service. Leaking tranny and all. I'm awaiting a few parts to finally upgrade to full 11in brakes.

Part of getting the neon ready for service, I installed the ABS fuse. Totally forgot about this morning while driving. I just realized that I didn't have the low speed activation that plagued the car. So it seems I might have fixed my ABS finally. I haven't tested a panic stop yet.

Now if I can get my 11in brake upgrade on the shadow in a more timely manner.

What did you do to fix it?

inmyshadow
03-13-2009, 05:52 PM
The main problem was with my left rear abs sensor/connector. The connector was rotted out. So I used a NewYorker 5th avenue for a ABS pigtail and another junkyard 95 Neon with ABS for the sensor.

After that, I had no ABS light on, but has low speed activation.

When I was doing my motor swap a few years ago, I noticed a pebble wedged in the tone ring of one my axles. It just happened to be the axle I didn't have to replace.

So, as I upgraded to a 3.94 tranny last fall, I knocked out the pebble and used a wire brush to clean off the scale.

Today was the first I drove the neon since changing transmissions.

What did you do to fix it?