PDA

View Full Version : Suspension set up

A/MP
01-28-2009, 10:57 PM
I have an '85 Daytona 2.2 carb and race transaxle and converter that makes about 140-150 HP. I'm using the 22.5 X7 tire and the power won't let it launch well. Will be trying a 24X8 tire this year. Just using the mopar HD mounts, HD struts and spacers on the rear springs. I know that the suspension is slowing me down. Any suggestions? This is a track only car. Thanks

2.216VTurbo
01-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Did you corner weight the car in the front? Gabriel makes some 'HiJacker' air shocks for cheap that you could set the front weights pretty much exact with you in the car. Buy an extra air line kit so you can vary the pressure side for side...

Johnny
01-29-2009, 12:49 PM
I would suggest, instead of air shocks, use air bags and keep/buy good shocks. They fit inside your rear coil springs. That way you have a way to stiffen like Alan says and shocks for dampening control.

Johnny

2.216VTurbo
01-29-2009, 01:58 PM
I would suggest, instead of air shocks, use air bags and keep/buy good shocks. They fit inside your rear coil springs. That way you have a way to stiffen like Alan says and shocks for dampening control.

Johnny

On the money, I ditched the hi-jackers years ago in favor of some airbags. Gotta weld the top brackets to the frame rails or top snubber depending on how you work them but they are nice for setting corner weights. In 6 weeks I'll be testing them with the new 26.5X8.5 slicks in Vegas:eyebrows:

turbovanmanČ
01-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Shim the sway bar, stiffen the rear, weigh all 4 corners as suggested, try making a dog bone for the trans, similiar to the 5 speeds. I made one and it helps stop the engine from bouncing around.