PDA

View Full Version : 255lph Walbro and AFPR enough?

Mario_V
04-08-2006, 12:31 AM
Hello! I need help tuning the fuel in my 94 Phantom. Remember I asked about the SRT-4 255lph Walbro? well, I´m going to find out tomorrow morning if it fits.

My set up is: mexican 2.5 T2, Garrett (no more mitsu), A-413 with oil cooler, SRT IC, AFPR, Walbro 255lph, timing at 9°, Fidanza adjustable cam sprocket, no balance shafts, UDP, MAP clamp, Greddy Profec B for boost control.

Before the Garrett, the car had a mitsu turbo at 15psi, timing was at 12°, the AFPR was set at 50psi with the vacuum disconected. Now with the Garrett, the fuel is set to 55psi with vacuum disconected. The car is a lot faster with the Garrett at the same boost but I´m not sure 15psi with the Garrett is enough to reach my goal with this car, I´m aiming for a mid 13 second pass.

My questions are:
How much boost do you thing I´ll need for a 13.5 at 7000ft of altitude?
Will the 255 Walbro, AFPR and stock 33pph injectors be enough for the needed boost?
Do I need much lower base pressure with the Walbro?
Do I need a RRR?

With the Mitsu and 15psi I could only net a couple of 14.80 ets.

Now with the Garret while playing with the profec I accidentally upped the boost to 23psi, the car was a blast, and to my surprise the air/fuel gauge read rich, very rich. I have a Nordskog digital gauge that reads in numbers, on the 23psi run the gauge went to 1.2v. After the very short blast I checked the plugs and saw no signs of detonation. I know that a wideband monitor will be better for tuning, but the plugs clearly show a rich condition. This seems strange with that much boost don´t you think? I´m thinking maybe it has to do with the very high altitude (7000ft) and the lack of oxygen? If there is less oxygen less fuel is needed right?.

I don´t want to run the car at the track yet, I want every thing to be in order, that is why I´m asking you guys :).

tryingbe
04-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Get a wide band o2 sensor. Stock one doesn't tell you much.

You definately want +20 or +40 injectors. Stock one only good for about 15psi until the melt your piston, especial in a 2.5L. It needs more fuel.