PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple more questions...

8shelbyz8
01-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Which injectors can I run with the 2.4/2.2 hybrid? Can I run the +40s from FWD?

The other question is about the throttle cable. I'm using the 2000 stratus intake and wondering if a stratus throttle cable would work. The project is a 1988 Daytona.

Thanks in advance.

BadAssPerformance
01-24-2009, 01:43 PM
You can run many injectors in a hybrid, the question is which ones you will need for your particular setup... to answer that you gotta clue us in on the rest of the build (turbo, intake, exhaust, cams, cal, etc.) and HP goals.

As for TB cable the stock '88 one should work if you can connect it to the Stratus TB?

Welcome to the forum! :thumb:

1985ShlbyChrger
01-26-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm using a stock TD throttle body on my stratus intake. That way I know the throttle cable will fit.

I'm also going to run stock TII injectors to break it in. You can use all kinds of injectors, just depends on what your setup is.

8shelbyz8
01-27-2009, 09:57 AM
I might run the stock TII injectors to break it in too. My goal is to just get the motor running for now. Will probably look into better injectors later though. But with the 16v head the air flow is better so will the stock TII injectors be enough to not make it run lean?

1985ShlbyChrger
01-27-2009, 03:06 PM
I've got an AFPR and have a socketed SMEC, so I will be tuning mine to run correctly with the TII injectors just to get some miles on it, then will switch to different injectors.

8shelbyz8
03-26-2009, 09:54 PM
I have a 2000 stratus 2.4 head on my 2.2 & was wanting to know if the timing gear pins on the cams should be up or 1 up & 1 down if so wich 1 up & wich 1 down? thanks

Russ Jerome
03-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Just put the alignment holes in the cam blanks strait up,
thats those funny holes in cam below valve cover. The
pin location will be clear then, 2.4 and 2.0 have different
pin locations but they both have TDC holes in cam blanks.
(Im going from memory but the greenish painted cam I
thought was 2.4 and the pink 2.0....forget for sure)

Now is a good time to find/make some 12+ inch long
dowls that "barely" fit in those holes. Dont trust the
"0" mark on aftermarket gears, those holes are at correct
stock degree when the cam blank holes are strait up.
These dowls will help you confirm belt orientation when
you set up or degree your cam gears.

Russ Jerome
03-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Got me thinking now...doesnt happen often!
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t=85824
Dont look at pins, look at dowls in cams.

8shelbyz8
03-30-2009, 06:25 PM
alright I have both I the cams with the holes straight up. I have the fwd p gears and the timing marks are on the left side of both I the gears. Is this correct?

Russ Jerome
03-31-2009, 12:16 AM
alright I have both I the cams with the holes straight up. I have the fwd p gears and the timing marks are on the left side of both I the gears. Is this correct?

http://www.neons.org/faqinfo/images/CamLineUp.jpg

The timing marks are wherever the machinest left them,
these holes in pic need be strait up as shown. Make your
own marks on the pulleys after you know where TDC and
the cams in correct location.

8shelbyz8
03-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Alright thanks