PDA

View Full Version : membership?

moparman2k2
01-24-2009, 03:26 AM
do you have to own a shelby to join? I just bought a 93 Daytona 4 banger stick for a project. I also have an 02 Ram Quad. I have always liked shelbys, but there aren't many left in my area well there weren't many to begin with, but got a deal on the 93 and went with that

If I can join, can I paypal the fee?

Thanks

sdac guy
01-24-2009, 07:21 AM
do you have to own a shelby to join? I just bought a 93 Daytona 4 banger stick for a project. I also have an 02 Ram Quad. I have always liked shelbys, but there aren't many left in my area well there weren't many to begin with, but got a deal on the 93 and went with that

If I can join, can I paypal the fee?

ThanksOwning a Shelby model is not necessary at all.

You can join via our website www.sdac.org and use the membership link on the main page.

Barry

BadAssPerformance
01-24-2009, 12:05 PM
SDAC is the best collection of turbo-mopar and shelby dodge enthusiasts EVER! No car required, only enthusiasm! And if you're looking, its a great place to find a car too!

Plus, Welcome to the forum! :)

MopàrBCN
10-18-2009, 06:10 PM
A quick question about renewal: Will I be adviced once my membership expires or will it expire silently and I would have to buy a new membership? My one should have been expired by now and I just want to be clear on the process.

THX!

Captain Chaos
10-18-2009, 06:19 PM
A quick question about renewal: Will I be adviced once my membership expires or will it expire silently and I would have to buy a new membership? My one should have been expired by now and I just want to be clear on the process.

THX!

You can check your latest Up Front, its listed on their by your address.

sdac guy
10-18-2009, 08:03 PM

THX!Since your expiration date was October 1, let me explain a little. When your membership is "actually about to expire," what is considered to be your last issue will have stamped in red under the return address, Last Issue, Membership Expired, Time To Renew.

Then about the time when the next issue goes out I send out renewal letters to everyone who did not renew from that notice. Anyone that renews prior to the renewal letter going out for them, earns a 3 month bonus on their membership. Once the letter for them goes out, the bonus is no longer applicable.

Above I had in quotes "actually about to expire" because I get behind in sending out newsletters (I am one month behind on the current issue as they should go out about every 2 months and the last one was at the end of July). When I get behind, I extend everyone's membership so they will get a minimum of 5-6 newsletters on their membership.

Since I am still trying to catch up some on the past also, the last renewal letters I sent out (in July) were for the months of January-March of this year. When the next newsletter goes out (planned for a week or two from now) I will work on the renewal letters for April-June. At this rate, it will probably be next spring or so before I get around to the renewal letters for October of this year.

Even then though, anyone can still renew at any time. If you renew early, you earn a 3 month bonus added to your membership for every year you renew. For example, someone that renews early for 4 years will get an extra year added to their membership.

But there isn't any penalty for letting a membership lapse either. We don't send hate mail, or "we miss you" notices. A fair sized percentage of our folks simply forget to renew on time. Many folks write that they are sorry they forgot to renew (which I think is admirable), but they really have nothing to feel sorry about. I know how it is.

I have a rule of thumb I use for folks that renew late. If they have only missed 1 or 2 issues of Up Front they automatically get the issues they missed sent to them when they renew. If they have missed 3 or more issues of Up Front since their membership lapsed then it is considered a member restart and their join date is reset and they get the current issue only. Just yesterday a member whose expiration date was in 2006 rejoined SDAC.

Finally the rates for joining or renewing listed in the newsletter or on our website are ONLY for US and Canada memberships. For those folks, like yourself, that reside in Europe please contact the SDAC office prior to renewing so we can advise the current rate (it's all because postage is so high to other countries).

Hopes this answers your question. :D

Barry

MopàrBCN
10-19-2009, 01:21 AM
...Hopes this answers your question. :D
Barry

:DI couldn't have said it better myself:D

Thanks!!

Gaboon
10-27-2009, 09:40 PM
This thread just reminded me of something...

D'oh

cordes
10-27-2009, 10:10 PM
SDAC is the best collection of turbo-mopar and shelby dodge enthusiasts EVER! No car required, only enthusiasm! And if you're looking, its a great place to find a car too!

Plus, Welcome to the forum! :)

So true. I have only been a member for a few years now, but I feel like I have known some of the guys for the longest time. There is a great fellowship for sure.