PDA

View Full Version : Idle and acceleration problem

3Bar_Mopar
04-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Out of nowhere the car started chugging really bad at low speed, like it's on 2 cylinders. Also under acceleration it will chug badly until all of the sudden it's like someone flipped a switch and it goes away and car accelerates normally.
I get a code....27. According to Thedodgagarage.com, a 27 means: "Problem in Fuel circuit in logic module", but that's for the VNT, which mine is not.

What is the dealio? A/F guage reads normally during all of this.

cordes
04-07-2006, 01:55 PM
could it have jumped a tooth on the timing belt.

3Bar_Mopar
04-07-2006, 01:58 PM
could it have jumped a tooth on the timing belt.

The car don't drive like a tooth retarded or advanced. It's like it's running on 2 cylinders and the problem disappears after you get going a certain speed.....then it comes and goes as you drive.

mark
04-07-2006, 02:06 PM
in my winter beater (honda accord) sometimes it would stumble and feel like your describing from idle to 2500 rpm, then in gear at 2500 rpm, the car smoothed out and got the power back. I always thought it was electrical but never checked it at night to look for jumping sparks.

maybe got a crack in the cap?

just an idea.

-mark

GLHSKEN
04-07-2006, 02:17 PM
ALL MPI cars have codes 26 and 27. One for each pair of injectors. One of your injector drivers is going bad. This is NOT VNT specific.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/fault/index.html

This is the BEST page for reading fault codes.

27 is injectors 3 & 4. Check the injector wiring harness 1st. They have a nasty habbit after all these years of having the wires crack and fray.

3Bar_Mopar
04-07-2006, 02:33 PM
ALL MPI cars have codes 26 and 27. One for each pair of injectors. One of your injector drivers is going bad. This is NOT VNT specific.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/fault/index.html

This is the BEST page for reading fault codes.

27 is injectors 3 & 4. Check the injector wiring harness 1st. They have a nasty habbit after all these years of having the wires crack and fray.

Thanks Ken....that's exactly what I needed to know!!! See you the 22nd!