PDA

View Full Version : Thinkin about a CSRT

iTurbo
01-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Last week a local used car lot got a Caliber SRT-4 in. It's an '08 model, 11k miles, red. I stopped in to look at it briefly since I was at work at the time. Salesman said they wanted 20k for it. Only other option I noticed was it had the factory navigation system. The salesman did start it up and revved it a bunch :confused2: Sounded OK but a lot quieter than I was expecting (good!). Although I haven't driven it (yet), I have to say I was pretty impressed with it. Very nice seats, the shifter looked weird at first but felt like it was in the right spot. Definitely felt like a car I could be comfortable in on long trips which I can't say about my modded old school stuff. I think I could afford it no problem since I have a good job now, but unfortunately I have too many cars as it is and that's probably the biggest thing in the way right now.

raccoon
01-23-2009, 09:48 PM
give em 18k!

glhs727
01-23-2009, 10:35 PM
I love my CSRT-4!!! But $20K is high. I tried selling my 19K mile 08 for $16K and couldn't sell it. I saw a couple of dealers selling new ones for 18K. You can get a good used one for 15-18K. Do a search on ebay, go to the completed auctions and print out some. Show them to the dealer and offer them 17K out the door.
Later,
Cindy

mpboost
01-26-2009, 12:47 PM
If you really want one, Jimmy @ S&P Development in Nebraska can probably get you a new one for less than 20k. He had a few new CSRT-4's not too long ago that were marked down 6-8k off the sticker price. I believe he still has a Silver one which they are letting go for 18-19k and it is brand new.

Might be worth a look.

sherm1123
01-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Last week a local used car lot got a Caliber SRT-4 in. It's an '08 model, 11k miles, red. I stopped in to look at it briefly since I was at work at the time. Salesman said they wanted 20k for it. Only other option I noticed was it had the factory navigation system. The salesman did start it up and revved it a bunch :confused2: Sounded OK but a lot quieter than I was expecting (good!). Although I haven't driven it (yet), I have to say I was pretty impressed with it. Very nice seats, the shifter looked weird at first but felt like it was in the right spot. Definitely felt like a car I could be comfortable in on long trips which I can't say about my modded old school stuff. I think I could afford it no problem since I have a good job now, but unfortunately I have too many cars as it is and that's probably the biggest thing in the way right now.

I agree with the others, you can get a new one for around that price and there are bunches available.

You will love the car, but I would look for a better deal. Keep us posted on your shopping.

TurboSedan
01-30-2009, 08:38 AM
sounds like we need to make a road trip to Lincoln Jeremy ;)

iTurbo
01-30-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm almost positive I'm going to buy one of these soon. My boss even told me we should take part of the day of to go test drive it! Thanks for the heads up about the CSRTs in Nebraska. I think S&P still has the silver one but it will probably be gone by the time I'm ready. Best deal I've found so far though! I never thought I'd find a new one for ~20k.

iTurbo
01-31-2009, 02:31 PM
One thing is for sure is that I'm NOT buying this local CSRT. I just now went to go look at it. The salesman at first said they wanted around 20k for it. By the time I left somehow they decided they wanted 21k for it and weren't willing to negotiate on the price since it's a 'special vehicle' and lots of people had come to look at it already. The hood prop was missing so my brother had to hold that up while I looked around the motor. Has optional navigation and Goodyear F1 tires. Didn't seem too interested in allowing a test drive either since they would have had to move another car out of the way. I'd gladly drive to S&P Dev in NE and get a new one.

iTurbo
04-13-2009, 01:09 AM
So I've filled out the financial application for a Caliber SRT-4 at Dave Smith Motors up in Idaho. They have a few left over '08 models including a orange showroom special that is totally optioned out for $19,900. MSPR is 28k so it seems like a good deal.

I'm 100% positive the salesman will be calling me tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see how this goes..

jhennzzz
08-22-2009, 04:30 AM
Hi There!
This is jhennzzz from Italy!

Im new in this site!

If you really want one, Jimmy @ S&P Development in Nebraska can probably get you a new one for less than 20k. He had a few new CSRT-4's not too long ago that were marked down 6-8k off the sticker price. I believe he still has a Silver one which they are letting go for 18-19k and it is brand new.

Thank's!....