PDA

View Full Version : FS: 88 Lebaron Convt. IL/WI

Turbodave
04-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Bought this car a few weeks ago, need to find it a home. Asking $500 for it, located in Northeastern IL about an hour from Milwaukee or Chicago.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/DSC01778a.jpg

The body of the car is in good shape, there is some surface rust on the drivers side behind the rear tire, but nothing too major. The drivers floor is a little soft around where the E-brake cable goes through, typical of a midwestern car. The rockers and door bottoms are in good shape, as is the rest of the underside, better than most lebarons I've seen in this area.

The top is a mess and will need to be replaced, the prevouis owner covered all the holes so it doesn't leak, but he also taped it to the rear 1/4 windows so I haven't tried to see it goes up an down (he told me something was wrong with that too).

The interior is nice, rumor has Paul Bunyan's blue ox "Babe" was skinned to make the lovely blue corinthian leather the seats are covered in. It's got a digital dash and automatic climate control that both work. A daytona boost guage was added. The leather on the steering wheel is worn through in one spot. The drivers seat has some wear on the bolster but is not in bad shape otherwise, all the power options (windows, seats, mirrors etc..) appear to function properly.

The engine is an 89 2.5 with a good Garrett turbo on it. The engine has a horrible rod knock that I'm guessing was caused by it being run out of oil once (had a new cam seal installed, but I found the old one laying on the steering rack, maybe it blew out and sent oil everywhere?). The engine starts and runs great otherwise, I have a crank for the car if someone wanted to fix it.

The trans was recently rebuilt and seems to work very well. The car has 3" exhaust from the cat back. The battery was moved to the passenger fender and some of the wiring is a little non-standard, but everything seems to work fine.

I have a bunch more pictures and If anyone is interested in the car please let me know. I may be able to deliver locally, and might consider trades. I just don't have the time to tear this motor apart and fix the car, need to get some of my other projects done.

WickedShelby88
04-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Its definitely a nice ride worthy of TLC.