PDA

View Full Version : CG height on a G-body

Reaper1
01-22-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm doing a project for my Vehicle Dynamics class and am in need of the height of the CG for a typical G-body chassis either above the gorund or above the chassis. I've never seen this information published, and the test that is in the book is impractical for me to do. I can get its x-plane and y-plane location, I just need to find somebody with car scales. I need the z-plane location.

If anybody has this information I'd greatly appreciate it!:thumb:

BadAssPerformance
01-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Yer school got scales? I remember doing that lab on a cavalier.

dodgeshadowchik
01-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Yea, I used used my school's scales and took mesurements.. then used the formulas to find it on the shadow. Unfortunally, since that was so long ago I don't rememember what i did. Doh!!

Reaper1
01-22-2009, 10:05 PM
No, we actually don't have car scales. We're an aeronautical university...most people here are in to planes and rockets and such. I just want to use technology from planes and rockets to make cars faster and more efficient! :thumb:

I'm going to the Rolex 24 this weekend and I have my Grassroots Motorsports pass...I *should* be able to get a lead on where I can use same scales. :thumb:

As I said though, finding the x and y plane values shouldn't be that hard...it's the z-plane value(ther vertical measurement) that I'm not going to be able to do. It either requires a tilt table or I have to have some sort of rig to jack the rear of the car up and lock out the front suspension(which I don't have or have access to)....