PDA

View Full Version : WNY-SDAC February Meeting

1FastCSX289
01-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey guys.....what do you think about a February meeting? I was thinking, Saturday February 7th at Buffalo Wild Wings in Henrietta for UFC 95. I dont know that its the greatest fight card, but I am pretty sure Wild Wings hosts all the UFCs (so its free). Add wings and beer and you have an SDAC party!

We could plan on getting there around 9PM or so......if any of the Syracuse guys need a place to crash afterward, let me know.

Edit: Also....im talking trash in the SDAC-19 thread about building a big wheel for competition.....so we should think about getting together at the school sometime to build this thing (if you want to big-wheel at SDAC).

mark
01-20-2009, 07:00 PM
wtf is big wheel?

i mean, i had a big wheel and a green machine as a kid, but that was like at least 28 years ago.
thats where my fwd burnout obsession started.

iangoround
01-20-2009, 07:07 PM
http://www.retropedalcars.com/images/Marx-Big-Wheel.jpg

This?

Unfortunately my work schedule keeps me from doing just about anything except on Mondays so as usual I won't be able to come.

bm_zimmer
01-20-2009, 08:19 PM
i can probably get that night off. i will have to check and make sure. i will keep in touch.

brian

Aries_Turbo
01-20-2009, 08:33 PM
i should be in.

brian

mark
01-20-2009, 08:36 PM
i might have bowling that saturday... if I do, i wont be there till like 9:30ish...

1FastCSX289
01-21-2009, 10:56 AM
wtf is big wheel?

http://www.retropedalcars.com/images/Marx-Big-Wheel.jpg

This?

EXACTLY.

Apparently (I wasnt there), last time in Cinci, they had a big wheel that they were rocketing down a hill in the parking lot and had a blast. Big Wheel + Big Beer = too much fun.

So, one of the guys proposed we build home-made big wheels this year and have a competition. I thought that sounded awesome. We could get together here at the school, do some cutting, welding, etc. and make a sweet adult-size big wheel complete with plastic rear wheels for power slides.:thumb:

1FastCSX289
01-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Ok....so if there arent any other ideas or preferences for Feb, lets do this fight night. Eh?

Maybe in March or April we can do the big wheel monster garage get together?

Aries_Turbo
01-21-2009, 05:48 PM
you mean the friday night closest to the Feb date that was posted?

Brian

1FastCSX289
01-21-2009, 09:14 PM
you mean the friday night closest to the Feb date that was posted?

Brian

I said F-I-G-H-T nite, not Friday nite. Sucka. The fight night is on February 7th.

Aries_Turbo
01-21-2009, 10:43 PM
i dont know what i was looking at lol (no not men meat....)

1FastCSX289
01-21-2009, 10:46 PM
i dont know what i was looking at lol (no not men meat....)

Sure.....not men meat THIS time. Thats what they ALL say. :lol:

bm_zimmer
01-24-2009, 11:55 PM
well i will not be making the trip there on the 7th. i lost my house to a fire caused by my own stupidity. do not sweep ashes from around your woodstove and put in your trash. just when you think all is good, its not. everyone was gone thankfully. my family is ok but i lost just about everything in the house.

Aries_Turbo
01-24-2009, 11:58 PM
aw man, that sucks.....

insurance going to cover it?

brian

bm_zimmer
01-25-2009, 11:07 AM
insurance is gonna cover everything. theyhave already cut us an expense check to get us clothes and for a deposit on an apartment until we get the house back in good standing.

mark
01-25-2009, 08:13 PM
man, i dont know what to say :( that is terrible. hopefully there was no loss of pets, that is always a bummer when i hear that.

1FastCSX289
01-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Oh no. Thats horrible. But, I am glad insurance is going to take care of everything. Do you have full replacement cost insurance? My family had a house fire when I was in college and we were out of the house for 6 months. It was completely gutted on the interior. The reason I ask about the full replavcement cost is that my parents actually made out better in the long run b/c things aren't "pro-rated" by the insurance company.....they are just replaced.....no questions. You had a 10 yr old washing machine, they replace it with new. Where as the other way around, if you have a 10 yr old washing machine, they bargain with you in order to pro-rate it.....the machine might have lasted 15 yrs, they give you 1/3 the cost of the new. Anyways.....the one thing that my parents did to "make the best" of a bad situation was to CATALOG everything. I remember digging through ashes for hours and catologging EVERYTHING. Some things we opted not to replace (old clothes, toys, games, etc that we didnt use anymore) and we took the cash. They ended up with a nice check on top of the home being restored to new.

Anyways, its a good thing no one got hurt.....the rest can be replaced. If you can deal with being displaced for a while, and eating in restaurants for months on end, you'll turn out well when its all over. You gotta be willing to be real stubborn with the insurance company though.....dont settle for less because their job is to get out as cheap as possible.

Anyways, sorry for the lecture if you knew all this already.....but I figured id let you know from someone who's been through it. If you need anything, feel free to shoot me a PM. Im out in Syracuse pretty often and I am more than willing to help you out if you need.

P.S.
BTW.....I made the same mistake at my house. I put my ashes in a metal bucket outside and let them cool.....I used to dump them into my garbage after they sit for a few days. Well, I dont do that anymore after I came home to 10 foot high flames in my driveway when my trash can was on fire. Luckily I used my outdoor garbage. Those coals take a loooooong time to cool.

bm_zimmer
01-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Oh no. Thats horrible. But, I am glad insurance is going to take care of everything. Do you have full replacement cost insurance? My family had a house fire when I was in college and we were out of the house for 6 months. It was completely gutted on the interior. The reason I ask about the full replavcement cost is that my parents actually made out better in the long run b/c things aren't "pro-rated" by the insurance company.....they are just replaced.....no questions. You had a 10 yr old washing machine, they replace it with new. Where as the other way around, if you have a 10 yr old washing machine, they bargain with you in order to pro-rate it.....the machine might have lasted 15 yrs, they give you 1/3 the cost of the new. Anyways.....the one thing that my parents did to "make the best" of a bad situation was to CATALOG everything. I remember digging through ashes for hours and catologging EVERYTHING. Some things we opted not to replace (old clothes, toys, games, etc that we didnt use anymore) and we took the cash. They ended up with a nice check on top of the home being restored to new.

Anyways, its a good thing no one got hurt.....the rest can be replaced. If you can deal with being displaced for a while, and eating in restaurants for months on end, you'll turn out well when its all over. You gotta be willing to be real stubborn with the insurance company though.....dont settle for less because their job is to get out as cheap as possible.

Anyways, sorry for the lecture if you knew all this already.....but I figured id let you know from someone who's been through it. If you need anything, feel free to shoot me a PM. Im out in Syracuse pretty often and I am more than willing to help you out if you need.

P.S.
BTW.....I made the same mistake at my house. I put my ashes in a metal bucket outside and let them cool.....I used to dump them into my garbage after they sit for a few days. Well, I dont do that anymore after I came home to 10 foot high flames in my driveway when my trash can was on fire. Luckily I used my outdoor garbage. Those coals take a loooooong time to cool.

no problem about the lecture lol. we do have full replacement insurance. i tell ya this really sucks. we are staying with family for now but we are getting a corporate suite through our insurance which is really nice. fully furnished. i have yet to sit down and catalog everything. its tough for sure. i will never have another woodstove again and that is for sure. we did lose our 2 cats but the dog was left outside luckily. im glad that stubborn --- dog sh*t in that house that morning. lol. if i need anything i will ask. i am gonna need some advice about the insurance. they are pretty quick to try and get rid of everything. thanks again,
brian

1FastCSX289
01-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Yea.....dont let them throw ANYTHING out. Thats your stuff....burnt or not. You should negotiate EVERYTHING. Little 10 dollar items add up and if you think "Eh...I wasnt gonna use that again"......you'll cost yourself a lot of money. Yea, it DOES suck....I remember the suckiness quite well, but its one of those things where a little bit of extra work and some stubborn negotiating can really set things right again. I was in college for 3 months of the whole ordeal, but I can remember spending an entire summer in a hotel suite with my family. I have a great family, but when youre sleeping within earshot of everyone for 3 months, its not so fun!

Sorry to hear about the cats. And dont hesitate to shoot me a PM.

mark
02-06-2009, 03:17 PM
so this thing still on.

slasky
02-06-2009, 03:27 PM
so this thing still on.
As far as I know it is.

Aries_Turbo
02-06-2009, 06:27 PM
im still in

1FastCSX289
02-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Yea, I am planning on it. Slasky, you coming? Only problem is I didnt read the schedule right.....its a UFC Fight Night....not a pay per view deal. So....I am pretty sure Buffalo Wild wings will still be showing it, but ill call once theyre open today to make sure. Even if theyre not, should I still make reservations for 4? Or do you want to do something else?

1FastCSX289
02-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Ok, they are showing it. They do not take reservations. Fight night starts at 9. Do you guys want to meet up at like 8:45?

Aries_Turbo
02-07-2009, 01:30 PM
starting at 9? thats getting a little late for me. ill still go but id rather get there at 7 or 8 cause you know that place will be insane and we'll have to wait an hour to get in anyway.

heres another thing. last time i tried to go there, i didnt want to wait an hour+ so we all went to the distillery around the corner and waited 5 min to sit down. no UFC but good wings and decent beer specials + no wait so it was worth it.

either way its close so if we all got there it wouldnt be hard to find a less insane place.

Brian

mark
02-07-2009, 02:04 PM
i dont have a preference, but I am getting dropped off by jessica, so If you guys goto distillery and not bww, i need a ride to get from bww, to distillery, she can pick me up there...

then later tonight its off to nolas bbq near the beach for some live music, yeee hawwwwwww!

ok, im off to go back out and work on truck, see yous tonight, if plans change locations or time call my cell phone!

mark
02-09-2009, 03:17 PM
my bad guys...

i had a birthday party at my dads, and the neices showed up and we had a good time, It went longer than expected and didnt leave there till 8:30. i was planning on making it at 9, but i figured everyone would be gone by then...

i sent a txt to bucar, but it must have been his work phone. i also texted sean, but i must have had the wrong number cause i got a wrong number response from the person...

sorry

Aries_Turbo
02-09-2009, 03:52 PM
we were there till 9 something and then we went to laskys.

Brian