PDA

View Full Version : RumbleBee Goes Down!

BoostMonkey
04-06-2006, 11:16 PM
The other day I see a familiar truck cruising ahead of me awhile. It's a guy I met one night when I was in my RamCharger. So I roll up to him doing about 35 mph (2nd gear :evil: ). He's got two other friends in the truck. We say hi and he askes what happened to the ramcharger. We get done talking and I take off a little bit. He comes up, gets even with me and his buddy says "Hey man that thing has some balls!", so I just nod toward the bottom of my door; "Intercooled Multivalve" decal.:amen:

So I hear him downshift (God that thing sounded SWEET!!), I do the same and he gets into it first. He gets 1/2 car on me from the start as he took off first, but as soon as I hit boost I reeled him in QUICK and put a good 5-6 car lengths on him torque steering (swirving!) all over my lane:thumb:

We catch the next light together and he says "Hey atleast I lost to another dodge bro! I'll cya later!" Cool guy, and a fun race.

Michael
91 Spirit RT G-valved to 12 psi.

Subliminal
04-07-2006, 07:32 AM
What, you mean those stupid stickers on those trucks don't add enough hp to beat a 15 year old car. Pfffft! ;)

BoostMonkey
04-07-2006, 05:11 PM
hehe yeah, this one is Yellow with black decals. Pretty sweet truck, just not that fast I guess. If it was an SRT-10 I'm sure it would've been a different story!!

fleckster
04-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Do you know if it was 2WD or 4WD? I have a comparable Hemi Ram that I custom ordered and added the Rumble Bee ground effects and the SRT-10 hood. (What can I say, I wasn't going to pay an extra $2400 for decals and yellow interior trim with a serial number only to have to settle for cloth seats, a bolt-on fake hood scoop, and having to have the 4WD lever on the floor.) My short bed, regular cab 4x4 Laramie Sport with leather and everything has run 15.7 in the quarter with only 2500 miles on it. Is it fast? I would mearly call it peppy but when you consider it weighs in at a whopping 5220lbs, it's not bad. I don't even want to think what a Mega Cab 3500 4x4 with the Cummins weighs!

Dave
04-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Finally you got that g-valve on it. Good to hear you're kickin' more --- man. Get it to the track and see what she does.

BoostMonkey
04-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Dave, yeah it went well, except for the vacuum line issues I was having for a lil bit. Turned out a some hoses needed to be slipped up 1/8" farther onto their connections. She's running great now!! Here when I get my next paycheck I'm going to order some 3" bends from Racing Solutions and fab up my exhaust!

Michael

Force Fed Mopars
04-09-2006, 09:51 AM
I've got a 2004 Rumble Bee Ram myself, its no where near stock, but if you had jumped beside me it might have been a little better run............. I am running ported and polished heads and just had the 6.1 cam install done as well, exhaust and a few other things. It turned a 14.6 without the cam and the weekend before last I spun the entire 1/8th mile of the quarter mile, no traction at all on street tires. We had a big truck GTG up at VMP near Richmond, VA. Just so you'll know and for the record, I was faster than one of the SRT10s............but they have the same issues we do as well, no slicks to buy, the smallest wheel they can run is an 18 inch, not many 18 inch slicks out, none that will work anyway. I'll post some times of mine up when I get the slicks on it (??), but its close to the mid to high 13s without a doubt.

fleckster
04-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Sounds like you might be part of the Dodge Truck World Forum too...

I'd like to do some work on my Hemi Ram but it's my trailer hauler and I have WAY too much to do and spend on my huge fleet of cars. I love my truck though.

I was wondering what it would take to install the SRT-10 "anti-wheel hop" rear axle strut on my truck...

Force Fed Mopars
04-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Fleckster..............I always wondered about the rear end set up as well, but like you said.................towing is probably shot! I do DTW some, but normally performancetrucks.net and rumblebbe.org

BoostMonkey
04-09-2006, 10:53 PM
FFM, right on that's pretty sweet. I got into a lot better race last night that I'm posting after I get done writing this. Check it out.

Michael