PDA

View Full Version : Rampage drag Q's

W.P._Turbocars
01-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Getting the Rampage out for it's first appearance at the track. needing more traction for.. well... 0 dollars. :(

Here is what I have for suspenion now:
01 neon front with coilovers and new shocks in the rear with an axle flip.

My idea was to do a GDonovan and make a solid removable brace for the rear of the truck to put more weight on the front passenger tire. I won't have the money for slicks or DR's for about 3 months and need to get at least 1 track day in before then to give me a starting point.

So.. what else can I do to the suspension to get more traction on these street tires?

turbovanmanČ
01-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Make sure both front tires are equally loaded, find a drag shop that can weigh your car on all 4's. Shim sway bar as needed per Gary's site.

Make the back end stiff, but not so stiff that it bounces all over the track, the idea is to limit downward travel at the rear and limit upward travel at the front.

Adjust the rebound, as this controls the upward stroke, compression is when hitting a bump, so play around with that one too, maybe try full soft?

2.216VTurbo
01-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Try some $40. Gabriel "HiJackers" air shocks for the rear. I used them on my Shelby Lancer years ago and they were great at the track. If you find a set that has the right length, you can buy and extra air line kit so each shock is independant. Then you can set the pressure in each shock according to the weight you want to put on each front. For whatever reason. my Rampage likes to spin the drivers side tire. First TM I ever owned that does that:confused2:

I have NOT done this on my Rampage after my axle flip, instead I used air bags between the axle and frame for the same net effect. Airbags will be over $350. for everything though:o

W.P._Turbocars
01-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Air bas is the way I really wanted to go but will be a backburner project afrter I get an SRT swap done on the Daytona. :thumb:

You wouldn't happen to hav ea part # for those "Hijackers" would you?

j4278h
01-18-2009, 08:00 PM
how did you adapt the neon front struts to the rampage?
finding neon stuff is easy, lbody koni's not so much

W.P._Turbocars
01-20-2009, 01:33 AM
how did you adapt the neon front struts to the rampage?
finding neon stuff is easy, lbody koni's not so much

Here you go. Pretty sure this was the actual thread I got my info from. I ran them all last year with no problems and it handles like a beast :thumb:

http://boostedmopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1521