PDA

View Full Version : Did they ever make a CSX-T Brochure?

4 l-bodies
01-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Looking thru some old literature I noticed the only Shelby literature/brochure that I don't seem to have is the 88 CSX-T. Probably didn't make any due to it being a Thrifty rental but just thought I would ask.

While going thru the same box of literature, I also ran across a copy of a letter from SDAC that went out to it's members to see if anyone wanted to buy a 86 GLHS direct from the Whittier plant. The letter starts out as Dear Potential GLHS Owner: Does anyone know if subsequent letters went out for the other Shelby #'ed cars or was this only for the 86 GLHS? That was really a good gesture Shelby automobiles did for the SDAC back then! The great part about it was you could buy one for sticker without any of the additional dealer markup that most (if not all) the authorized Shelby dealers were asking (& getting). The norm was +$1000 on the 86 GLHS. Anybody have any more info on how many cars were bought this way? Anybody want one that got bumped off the list due to lack of available cars?

Todd Nelson

glhs571
01-18-2009, 08:04 PM
I have several brochures for the csx-t thAt came inside the car. I might be able to post pics at a later time. I definitly have one that has a blue cover and shows the car on it.

PentastarBooster
12-03-2011, 04:20 PM
I know this is an old posting, but if you're still interested here's a link to a brochure Thrifty used to advertise the cars when they were selling them off, apparently after the leasing program ended: bro-88-csx-t.pdf (http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/shelby-dodge/pdf/bro-88-csx-t.pdf)

4 l-bodies
12-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I know this is an old posting, but if you're still interested here's a link to a brochure Thrifty used to advertise the cars when they were selling them off, apparently after the leasing program ended: bro-88-csx-t.pdf (http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/shelby-dodge/pdf/bro-88-csx-t.pdf)
Thanks for posting this. I have not seen that before. I'll have to scan that letter to SDAC members on the 86 GLHS purchase.
Todd

BadAssPerformance
12-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Cool stuff :thumb:

We are working on documenting stuff like this on www.sdac.org, so if anyone has anything unique, please send me a copy :)

sy2206
12-04-2011, 10:59 AM
1986 GLHS #003 was bought directly from Shelby by Neil Hanneman. He bought it right from Carroll, and picked it up at the Whittier plant. A few of '86 GLHS's were also bought by Shelby employees, and they were paid for and taken home right from the Whittier plant also also.

88CSX-T
12-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Cool brochure, never saw that one before :bounce:

Cinder_gal
02-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Hey guys, don't forget to check www.shelby-dodge.com for this kind of stuff. I do have that brochure posted in the literature section.