PDA

View Full Version : Sdac 19

ohiorob
01-17-2009, 07:56 AM
what's your plans for sdac 19, are you guys going ?

glhs727
01-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Yes, we are planning on going but it is 6 months away so.......
but at least James has asked for the time off....that's a good sign.
later,
Cindy

Reeves
01-29-2009, 04:00 PM
:thumb::clap:

Warren Stramer
01-30-2009, 10:49 AM
I plan to be there too, if I can get the XE back together in time...........working on it.

Reeves
01-30-2009, 11:27 AM
:clap::nod:

Rampage16V
03-02-2009, 10:22 PM
So far I'm third in line for that week off not looking good for me wah!!!

"Top Fuel" Bender
03-02-2009, 10:27 PM
So far I'm third in line for that week off not looking good for me wah!!!

that ain't good
If we come up there and bust some knee caps they should be getting out of their casts just in time for you to take off for SDAC

Rampage16V
03-02-2009, 10:29 PM
One guy I can talk out of it 2 will be tough

Juggy
03-03-2009, 12:40 AM

so if u cant come does that mean the wife has to stay home too??!! :love:
hehe

2.216VTurbo
03-03-2009, 01:54 AM

You can always quit right Dean?:D

Rampage16V
03-03-2009, 06:47 PM
You can always quit right Dean?:D

I haven't given up yet.....this is a good job I don't plan on quiting it only retirering.

Mike_Shepard
03-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Well looks like the daytona will be running so it'll be there

Captain Chaos
03-03-2009, 10:03 PM
If the Birthday car is going to be there, I'll get a divorce if need be.

JamesL
03-04-2009, 12:30 PM
If the Birthday car is going to be there, I'll get a divorce if need be.

I haven't decided what to bring if anything at this point. I'm honestly not a fan of pulling a truck and trailer across country anymore so I'm still talking myself into that aspect. Eight hours one way is about my limit these days. I'd love to get my drag car up there but its not a road race car which is what I really enjoy. Maybe we can finish Cindy's Charger which would make a respectable showing in both roles. Problem with that is we are swamped with paying work so the projects are on hold. The Birthday car would be a good car to show and performed vey well during the Bull Run Shelby Reunion at Terlingua. However, we only ran in that because Carroll was there, otherwise that car is best preserved put away and simply car showing doesn't excite me like racing does. There is also the SXT/SRT4/SCT Stage 3 car; Lots of suspension upgrades and damn near 400WHP on 93oct. Decisions, decisions.....I'm sure we will come to some conclusion soon. We really do appreciate everyone's interest and that may be enough to commit to the 40+ hours of pulling the trailer with Cindy, the kids and a car.

Captain Chaos
03-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Sounds like its time to break down and buy a toter and a stacker!

Reeves
03-04-2009, 12:45 PM
I haven't decided what to bring if anything at this point. I'm honestly not a fan of pulling a truck and trailer across country anymore so I'm still talking myself into that aspect. Eight hours one way is about my limit these days. I'd love to get my drag car up there but its not a road race car which is what I really enjoy. Maybe we can finish Cindy's Charger which would make a respectable showing in both roles. Problem with that is we are swamped with paying work so the projects are on hold. The Birthday car would be a good car to show and performed vey well during the Bull Run Shelby Reunion at Terlingua. However, we only ran in that because Carroll was there, otherwise that car is best preserved put away and simply car showing doesn't excite me like racing does. There is also the SXT/SRT4/SCT Stage 3 car; Lots of suspension upgrades and damn near 400WHP on 93oct. Decisions, decisions.....I'm sure we will come to some conclusion soon. We really do appreciate everyone's interest and that may be enough to commit to the 40+ hours of pulling the trailer with Cindy, the kids and a car.

:thumb:

bradp
03-04-2009, 01:19 PM

I'll volunteer my "services" to fly out and "drive" the Birthday car for you from TX to Cincinnati.:D

Captain Chaos
03-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I'll volunteer my "services" to fly out and "drive" the Birthday car for you from TX to Cincinnati.:D

I think I heard the thud of them hitting the floor with laughter all the way over in Florida.:D

Rampage16V
03-06-2009, 09:05 PM
I'll be in Florida next week I can drop it off on the way back
lol

Captain Chaos
03-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Where will you be in Fl?

Rampage16V
03-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Where will you be in Fl?
Going to Gainsville to watch the nationals or at least the qualifying on Saturday. Going to stay in Ocala and see the Don Garlits museum on sunday and head back Monday morning.

Reeves
03-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Going to Gainsville to watch the nationals or at least the qualifying on Saturday. Going to stay in Ocala and see the Don Garlits museum on sunday and head back Monday morning.

I'm headed to Florida too, as of 4:30 pm yesterday (shouldn't have answered my phone on a Friday afternoon....especially when it was the boss calling). I'll be in Tampa tomorrow night and some next week. I'm not sure how long I'll be there, but right now they have me scheduled until next Sunday.

I don't think I'm ever going to get the OMNI back together :mad: I was trying to have it at spring fling on the 4th. Oh well....

JamesL
03-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Maybe I should start a poll on which car to bring.

BadAssPerformance
03-07-2009, 11:51 AM
No poll needed.. b-day car :D

JamesL
03-07-2009, 11:55 AM
I know everyone wants to see the B-day car but its just not nearly as fun at the event unless you have something to beat on. I beat on the BD car pretty good at Terlingua. I'm not sure I want to do it again.

BadAssPerformance
03-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Bring 2 cars?

JamesL
03-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Bring 2 cars?

I've wanted to do that but that is going to require a larger trailer and a new truck. :eyebrows: As much as I appreciate the offers to help with the drive up and back, thats not a working plan either.;). I've talked to my shop manager and he would like to bring his Omni drag car. He has his own truck and trailer. In that case, I could suck it up and let him have all the fun while I sit around and polish the car for the car show but as I said that does not excite me much.

BadAssPerformance
03-07-2009, 12:11 PM
So you couldnt trailer the B-day car and Cindy drive one? or visa versa?

JamesL
03-07-2009, 12:16 PM
So you couldnt trailer the B-day car and Cindy drive one? or visa versa?

That is possible but not desirable. It is a long drive. First we have to drive to north of Chicago and then we have to drive to Cincy. On the really long hauls, we tend to split driving duties to make it a little more bearable.

BadAssPerformance
03-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Last time I looked at a map... Chicago was not on the way to Cinci? ;) But if yer up this way, always welcome to cruise with the Chicagoland caravan :thumb:

I hear you on the splitting driving... sounds like it stime for a CTD and 2-car trailer :D

JamesL
03-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Last time I looked at a map... Chicago was not on the way to Cinci? ;) But if yer up this way, always welcome to cruise with the Chicagoland caravan :thumb:

I hear you on the splitting driving... sounds like it stime for a CTD and 2-car trailer :D

No, your right. The Chicago stop is about ditching the kids at my sister in-laws house. They have no interest in cars or car events and the few times I've tried to take them everyone was miserable. We usually do a summer vacation trip there so they can hang with their cousins and we can catch up with all the in-laws. It helps that SDAC is in the vicinity. A new truck and trailer would be nice but as I said, my days for long hauling across the country are limited.

BadAssPerformance
03-07-2009, 12:31 PM
No, your right. The Chicago stop is about ditching the kids at my sister in-laws house. They have no interest in cars or car events and the few times I've tried to take them everyone was miserable. We usually do a summer vacation trip there so they can hang with their cousins and we can catch up with all the in-laws. It helps that SDAC is in the vicinity. A new truck and trailer would be nice but as I said, my days for long hauling across the country are limited.

Gotcha... that sounds familiar to last year :thumb: Soooooo I should look at your garage sale and see if I need anything big hauled this way, LOL!

Long hauling... I almost was going to take the Z to MATS but I could not justify taking a trip on a week I was off work no pay :(

Captain Chaos
03-07-2009, 10:16 PM

I'm going Possibly Fri, definately Saturday. Maybe we could meet up and I can introduce you to Art Leong with the Super stock Neon and Jim Wahl with the stocker Spirit, and share some American beer/water. :thumb:

Captain Chaos
03-07-2009, 10:20 PM

I hereby designate this a formal plea for everyone to go buy parts from FWD so they can hire me on as full time driver of their transporter.

Captain Chaos
03-07-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm headed to Florida too, as of 4:30 pm yesterday (shouldn't have answered my phone on a Friday afternoon....especially when it was the boss calling). I'll be in Tampa tomorrow night and some next week. I'm not sure how long I'll be there, but right now they have me scheduled until next Sunday.

I don't think I'm ever going to get the OMNI back together :mad: I was trying to have it at spring fling on the 4th. Oh well....

Gainesville isn't too far from Tampa!:eyebrows:

JamesL
03-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I hereby designate this a formal plea for everyone to go buy parts from FWD so they can hire me on as full time driver of their transporter.

Now that is an idea I can support. :lol:

ShelGame
03-09-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm going Possibly Fri, definately Saturday. Maybe we could meet up and I can introduce you to Art Leong with the Super stock Neon and Jim Wahl with the stocker Spirit, and share some American beer/water. :thumb:

Side question for Sean: Do you know who Jim sold the Spirit to?

Back on topic: I would like to go to SDAC again this year, but I'm not sure if I'll make it yet.

Captain Chaos
03-09-2009, 03:52 PM

Back on topic: I would like to go to SDAC again this year, but I'm not sure if I'll make it yet.

Not yet.

bradp
03-09-2009, 03:57 PM

I hope you can make it. Maybe you'll have to work on Angelo's car again. It set in my barn for 3-4 months waiting on me to fix it. It is done now and at his house though.

ShelGame
03-09-2009, 04:11 PM
I hope you can make it. Maybe you'll have to work on Angelo's car again. It set in my barn for 3-4 months waiting on me to fix it. It is done now and at his house though.

Sounds like fun, But I think I'd rather makes the rounds and mingle a little more this year...

Aries_Turbo
03-09-2009, 10:11 PM
i got it james. toss the kids on a plane to chicago, jt takes them to the relatives and then heads to sdac. upon returning home, jt puts them back on the plane to texas. problem solved! :)

Brian

Rampage16V
03-11-2009, 06:58 PM

sounds like a plan but I'm bringing canadian coors light
call my cell sat if you want 519 209 4588

Captain Chaos
03-11-2009, 07:30 PM
sounds like a plan but I'm bringing canadian coors light
call my cell sat if you want 519 209 4588

LOL! Sounds like a plan. Cell signal sucks down there, at least for me (Sprint) but I'll give you a call. We are hoping to be down there sometime around 7 or so. Parking gets rough the later you wait. Jim Wahl sold his Spirit so he's out and from the looks of the entry list, Art is the only fwd Mopar there, but theres a good number of SS/AH cars going to be there also.:thumb:

glhs727
03-11-2009, 07:33 PM
i got it james. toss the kids on a plane to chicago, jt takes them to the relatives and then heads to sdac. upon returning home, jt puts them back on the plane to texas. problem solved! :)

Brian

Actually I thought the same thing except I only need to send them one way, since we plan on spending some time in Chicago after sdac, and i don't mind taking them home with me:amen:

later,
Cindy

GLHSKEN
03-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Well... I plan on attending... With a hopped up IROC... Ahemmmm Cindy.....

Remember Party at my house the friday before... You don't need hotel reservations that night... Crash here... I have the room.

glhs727
03-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks Ken,
I'm sure we will be taking you up on your offer:thumb:

1FastCSX289
03-11-2009, 07:56 PM

Remember Party at my house the friday before... You don't need hotel reservations that night... Crash here... I have the room.

Count Slasky, Aries_Turbo, and I in for the after party crash. :thumb: Thanks Ken!

Aries_Turbo
03-11-2009, 08:14 PM
im so stoked that i have that friday off so i dont have to drive half the night. :)

Brian

GLHSKEN
03-12-2009, 06:12 AM
Is your downpipe attached???

sdac guy
03-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Count Slasky, Aries_Turbo, and I in for the after party crash. :thumb: Thanks Ken!Slasky is a Count now? I must have missed something.

j/k -- I knew what you meant. :D

Barry

1FastCSX289
03-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Slasky is a Count now? I must have missed something.

j/k -- I knew what you meant. :D

Barry

I meant "Sir" Slasky. He's actually a knight. :hail:

Captain Chaos
03-12-2009, 01:16 PM

Slasky > Elton Jon.

R/T
03-12-2009, 07:13 PM
( Tune & Test @ Edgewater Friday nite.... Smack down the locals... )

Aries_Turbo
03-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Is your downpipe attached???

yes, mr pencil fingers, it is. :)

im not frank, i tacked some nuts to the ex housing so i didnt have to deal with that issue.

my trans is broke though. im planning on fixing up my daytona some and bringing that. if i dont get that car or my k car trans done, ill just bum a ride again. :)

Brian

slasky
03-12-2009, 10:12 PM

Sir Slasky Esquire

Bozo
03-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Well, I tried to help with forcing Jim/Cindy there with a buy, but it was easliy shipped. THANKS!!!

If all goes right, the Clown Car and I will be there this year!!

Turbodave
03-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Actually I thought the same thing except I only need to send them one way, since we plan on spending some time in Chicago after sdac, and i don't mind taking them home with me:amen:

later,
Cindy

Fedex the kids up here and I'll drop them off with your family for you, not a problem. :D

Gaboon
03-16-2009, 01:33 PM

Did you say party?:thumb:

Reeves
03-16-2009, 01:42 PM
You and Crazy1Eye get the couch...... The same couch! :love:

1FastCSX289
03-16-2009, 01:49 PM

Noooo......are you forgetting the Frank and Bucar ALWAYS share a bed at SDAC? :lol:

Reeves
03-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Maybe all 4 of them on the floor then? :love:

contraption22
03-16-2009, 02:01 PM

Lawrence: We still goin' fishin' this weekend?
Peter Gibbons: Nah, Lumbergh's gonna have me come in on Saturday, I just know it.
Lawrence: Well, you can get out of that easily.
Peter Gibbons: Yeah? How?
Lawrence: Well, when a boss wants you to work on Saturday he generally asks you at the end of the day, right?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Lawrence: So, all you gotta do is avoid him... on the last few hours on Friday, duck out early, turn off your answering machine... you should be home free, man.
Peter Gibbons: That's a really good idea.
Lawrence: F&$kin' A, man!

Gaboon
03-16-2009, 03:21 PM

SWEET!!!

I hope I'm behind him..*crosses fingers*

black86glhs
03-16-2009, 03:24 PM
SWEET!!!

I hope I'm behind him..*crosses fingers*:lol::lol::lol:
That is so wrong on so many levels!!!!:evil:

Gaboon
03-16-2009, 03:29 PM
:lol::lol::lol:
That is so wrong on so many levels!!!!:evil:

But feels so right.:confused:

GLHSKEN
03-16-2009, 06:17 PM

Stop it.... Damn near made me spew beer on the screen!!!

shadow88
03-16-2009, 07:25 PM

Don't forget.....According to the rules.......If they touch - it's gay:D;)

Gaboon
03-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Stop it.... Damn near made me spew beer on the screen!!!
Now, we can't be wasting the sweet nectar of the gawds..

Sorry, Ken, I'm saving a special squeeze for you too.:grouphug:

Don't forget.....According to the rules.......If they touch - it's gay:D;)

Ummm....errrrrr......You can't prove a thing.

Aries_Turbo
03-16-2009, 08:10 PM
its only gay if there isnt an audience. lol

Brian

Reeves
03-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Lawrence: We still goin' fishin' this weekend?
Peter Gibbons: Nah, Lumbergh's gonna have me come in on Saturday, I just know it.
Lawrence: Well, you can get out of that easily.
Peter Gibbons: Yeah? How?
Lawrence: Well, when a boss wants you to work on Saturday he generally asks you at the end of the day, right?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Lawrence: So, all you gotta do is avoid him... on the last few hours on Friday, duck out early, turn off your answering machine... you should be home free, man.
Peter Gibbons: That's a really good idea.
Lawrence: F&$kin' A, man!

That's exactly what me and Warren were saying! And BTW, I'm still in TAMPA! This "one day job" turned into me doing absolutely nothing in Tampa for a week and 2 days! Got a nice sun tan (burn?) though!

But, 1 more trip to Australia for about 3 weeks or so in April, then I go from being Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician to Application Engineering! Meaning a whole hell of a lot less travel! Gonna miss the jeans though :(

Reeves
03-17-2009, 12:24 AM

Brian

So you are saying that you like to watch?

black86glhs
03-17-2009, 12:39 AM
That's exactly what me and Warren were saying! And BTW, I'm still in TAMPA! This "one day job" turned into me doing absolutely nothing in Tampa for a week and 2 days! Got a nice sun tan (burn?) though!

But, 1 more trip to Australia for about 3 weeks or so in April, then I go from being Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician to Application Engineering! Meaning a whole hell of a lot less travel! Gonna miss the jeans though :(Where them on casual Fridays.:thumb:

So you are saying that you like to watch?I thought he was a willing participant last year.:confused::confused2:

Aries_Turbo
03-17-2009, 08:24 PM

no........ lol

I thought he was a willing participant last year.:confused::confused2:

i was framed!!!!! it wasnt me! lol

black86glhs
03-17-2009, 08:29 PM
no........ lol

i was framed!!!!! it wasnt me! lolExcellent story to stick with.:nod:

slasky
03-17-2009, 09:31 PM

Brian

Stop trying to make excuses for you and frank. It is always gay.

Aries_Turbo
03-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Stop trying to make excuses for you and frank. It is always gay.

you and the anonymous dudes at Durand are always gay :nod:

Brian

GLHSKEN
03-18-2009, 07:48 AM
Now, we can't be wasting the sweet nectar of the gawds..

Sorry, Ken, I'm saving a special squeeze for you too.:grouphug:

Now I feel special.....

R/T
03-18-2009, 04:01 PM
And BTW, I'm still in TAMPA! This "one day job" turned into me doing absolutely nothing in Tampa for a week and 2 days! Got a nice sun tan (burn?) though!

Wow, must suck to be you - getting paid to do nothing for a week in Florida... :confused:

I get 3 days in Indy next week..... but there is a kick a$$ kart track near the Hotel. :D

Reeves
03-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Wow, must suck to be you - getting paid to do nothing for a week in Florida... :confused:

I get 3 days in Indy next week..... but there is a kick a$$ kart track near the Hotel. :D

It was pretty nice! Came home last night, started my new job today as a desk jockey, and headed to Sarasota, FL tomorrow morning :D

Go Reds!

1FastCSX289
03-18-2009, 10:46 PM

Why else would they call him the King Gazer?

Rampage16V
03-23-2009, 10:35 PM
me thinks I have a go for sdac week off!!!!

BadAssPerformance
03-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Awesome! :thumb:

Keito
03-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Sweet!
Looks like this may be a great turnout.
Have to book the hotel soon. Wasn't there a post from Barry with the hotel
contact info? I've searched and can't find it.

sdac guy
03-24-2009, 09:51 AM
The hotel info was in the last Up Front, but had not been posted online. I've corrected that oversight this morning. The tentative schedule and host hotel info can be found on the SDAC website here (http://www.sdac.org/info/events.htm).

Barry

Rampage16V
03-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks Barry I booked a room today

slasky
03-24-2009, 05:15 PM
I just booked one as well

BadAssPerformance
03-24-2009, 07:46 PM
I just booked one as well

When I called today and asked for a room in the SDAC block they said "I hope you dont want one of the Gazer suites, some guy names slasky reserved the whole row!"

;)

slasky
03-24-2009, 07:52 PM
When I called today and asked for a room in the SDAC block they said "I hope you dont want one of the Gazer suites, some guy names slasky reserved the whole row!"

;)

I reserved all the gazer suites for the Chicago people, and Frank, so they would not be near the rest of us non gazers. I also found out that the largest gazer suite, the queen suite, is called the katzenberger suite.

BadAssPerformance
03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
I reserved all the gazer suites for the WNY people, and Frank, so they would not be near the rest of us non gazers. I also found out that the largest gazer suite, the queen suite, is called the katzenberger suite.

Fixed it for ya... dont disrespect your locals, we know you're the head gazer :D

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9250&stc=1&d=1215055380

slasky
03-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Fixed it for ya... dont disrespect your locals, we know you're the head gazer :D

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9250&stc=1&d=1215055380

I only took the picture to prove frank and brian are gazers. The angles are all wrong too. There is no way I could have seen any gazer areas on anyone in that picture. Besides I was partially blinded from having woken up and seeing frank and brian spooning. The eye doctor said that I have some permanent sight loss from that.

Reeves
03-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks Barry I booked a room today

So I guess you got it all worked out at work then! :amen:

:thumb:

Rampage16V
03-26-2009, 09:38 PM
So I guess you got it all worked out at work then! :amen:

:thumb: Yes I sure hope so. Alot of sh#t going down at work....shouldn't be considering where it is...anyway got my Converter from Pat's Converters today. Hopefully have it in and running by the end of next week.

bradp
03-26-2009, 10:05 PM
The hotel sure as hell better not put me by any gazers.

Reeves
03-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Yes I sure hope so. Alot of sh#t going down at work....shouldn't be considering where it is...anyway got my Converter from Pat's Converters today. Hopefully have it in and running by the end of next week.

I finally started working on the OMNI again last night. Attempted to get a bearing out of a practice trans.

Tonight I got a little done to the motor.

R/T
03-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I finally started working on the OMNI again last night. Attempted to get a bearing out of a practice trans.

Tonight I got a little done to the motor.

Hurry up, Spring Fling in 1 week..... :lol:

Reeves
03-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Hurry up, Spring Fling in 1 week..... :lol:

I was trying....and still am! If I make it through today, this will be my first weekend home in like 5 weekends! Come on 5 o'clock!!!!!!!

I was so close to having to go to Vermont today it wasn't funny. We are getting ready to have another meeting.....

Then I'm going to Australia for 3 or 4 weeks the day after Good Friday.

bfarroo
03-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Traveling gets old, I was in Long Island for 3 weeks, Indiana for a week, New York for two. I'm never home to get anything done! Been home all of 1 week in between there.

Reeves
03-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Traveling gets old, I was in Long Island for 3 weeks, Indiana for a week, New York for two. I'm never home to get anything done! Been home all of 1 week in between there.

Yes it does. I started a new role in my company as an application engineer, which should be a lot less traveling, but I still have a lot of loose ends on my old job to finish up.

Bozo
03-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Well, it appears I won't be making it this year. My wife just got some bad news that her 13 yr old nephew was killed so we are on our way to Michigan. Don't know how long we'll be there so I might be using my extra vacation days after the bereavement days are up. We'll have to see.....

bradp
03-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Well, it appears I won't be making it this year. My wife just got some bad news that her 13 yr old nephew was killed so we are on our way to Michigan. Don't know how long we'll be there so I might be using my extra vacation days after the bereavement days are up. We'll have to see.....

So sorry to hear.

1FastCSX289
03-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Sorry to hear that......what happened?

30 PSI SHADOW
04-04-2009, 01:01 PM
!!!!

I was so close to having to go to Vermont today it wasn't funny.

It wasnt funny? Scared of the gazer state? I might have to move now that its almost passed(gazer marrage) through the state house..