PDA

View Full Version : Modified 89 T2 MP cal for use with XRattiRacers Serial Logger Software

ShelGame
01-16-2009, 09:06 AM
This is the cal that Jason Richardson modifed to use with his custom serial logger software. You'll have to get the software from him, as I don't have permission to post it here. But, I know a few guys have it (also, it's in the Yahoo D-Cal files section). So, here's a couple of cals that will work with it.

Please note: Scantools will NOT work with either of these cals due to the serial code modifications.

The 2.2 cal is the original cal Jason posted with it. I think this cal has been scaled for 3-bar and +40 injecotrs. But I can't be certain.

Also, I've posted my race cal (2.5 T1, scaled for 3-bar and +20's) which also has the modified serial code.

FWIW, Turbonator-SMEC has the option of being used with either the DRB-based serial code or the modified serial code for Jason's logger.

ShelGame
01-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Oh, what the hell. Here's the SMEC Logger program Jason wrote. If you need any help using this, please post it here. Jason has moved on from SMEC's and has gone MegaSquirt on his XR4Ti. So, please don't contact him about this software. I'm sure he hasn't looked at it in a couple of years.

I use this currently to datalog my race car. It's basic, but it works well with the above cals. It absolutely will NOT work with any other cal except the 2 posted above. Well, those and T-SMEC when configured for the hi-speed logger.

I'm trying to build a DRB driver for WinLog and I'll switch to that when I get a working driver. So, I do not plan to develop this further or really support it much. You're really on your own with it. But, I'll help as much as possible.

This will still require a serial line-level-converter. Or, it should work fine with a USB-ttl converter.

Also, it is NOT possible to modify the SBEC code to use this logger. The SBEC already has a serial interrupt routine that is needed by the system. Though, I don't yet know what it's function is. It MAY be possible to modify an LM to use it - if the LM can talk at 9600 baud. I'm not sure if it can. And, I wouldn't know where to begin to do the modifications on the LM. This is why I want to build a more universal DRB driver for WinLog.

SMEC_Logger Software (http://files.turbo-mopar.com/smeclogger-beta.zip)

ShelGame
01-17-2009, 09:35 AM
SMEC Logger posted...

Aries_Turbo
01-24-2009, 11:51 PM
rob, are you going to write a winlog driver that:

1. will use the high speed com mod like in these cals and T-SMEC?

2. will work with all ecu's, LM, SMEC and SBEC?

thanks

Brian

ShelGame
01-25-2009, 12:34 AM
No, I don't plan to make the WinLog driver work with this interrupt-driven code mod. By my calculations, the stock datalogging routine should be capable of 100 samples/sec. Which is as fast as the modified code should be run. The only problem is the LM is much slower than that. But, it won't work with this modified code anyway...

Aries_Turbo
01-25-2009, 01:44 AM
i might try to run my car on the SMEC logic board like Geoff was doing so i can have the faster datalogging. i have all the connectors laying around.

Brian

ShelGame
01-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah, he never finished the thread on that conversion. I don't know if he ever got it to work or not. That would be a good conversion for a write up.

Then again, the modified code has a very simple protocol. It might actually be easier to build a driver for that than the full DRB driver. Maybe I'll start slow and make an interrupt serial driver for WinLog afterall...