PDA

View Full Version : Sledgehammer's New Breather

BadFastGTC
04-06-2006, 03:57 PM
Gang,

Some of you know I am working on a new head for the 2.0 motor I plan to put in the car. I am going to give you some history on it and the current state of completion.

I bought the casting from Glen Smith some years ago. I wanted to have it done in time for SDAC 13. The various machie shops and such that were to finish off the thing kept it on the back burner. The head was partially machined and still required the following: Valve guide holes, spark plug holes, valve seats, a combustion chamber, cam towers relieved, valve spring seats, and the intake/exhaust bolt holes.

The head is unique in that the coolant passage behind the exhaust guide was filled in during the casting process. This is a major hurdle in getting the exhaust port to truly kick tail. I roughed them out, but all the ports were layed out to be 1/2" taller than the production position. A good friend and a guy who helped tremendously with advice (JS) did one like this, but his required a great deal of additional welding. The head then had the port floor on teh exhaust side welded up so the finished floor is the 1/2" higher that I mentioned previously. The intake port roofs were also welded up inside the valve cover area.

To date, I have the following completed:

Cam towers relieved. We had to do this to allow access for tooling and the valve springs.

Guide holes done and Hemi guides installed. These guides are sunk into the standard 2.2 spring seat area and thus I have a stronger support for the guide. The guide tops are also a wee bit lower than factory so as when a higher lift roller stick becomes available, I will have no clearance issues. I cana lso use a metal clad Viton seal on these guides. They also take up less room on the port.

Spark plug holes are drilled an tapped. I will be using a colder plug from the SRT4 family of plugs.

The remaining work will commence Saturday. We have to manufacture some of our own tooling as what I need isn't available to cut the spring seat I need. I may use Manley's new springs for the 5.7 & 6.1 Hemi motor, but I am still undecided. The support around the guide is dictating what I can and cannot use.

We will be making our own Beryllium/Copper exhaust seats and found an intake seat that will work. Once the seats are in, I will put in the combustion chambers. The short turns have gained .300" more than what they had stock. The ports have a much straighter shot to the valve.

If this doesn't work, I have a ported SRT4 head under construction.

Steve M.

Frank
04-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Awesome stuff Steve! Can't wait to see this thing in action! I knew you could leave heads alone!

Frank

cordes
04-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Wow, that is awesome. I hope to have any thing approaching that kind of ability some day.

BadFastGTC
05-03-2006, 09:12 AM
The valve seats are in and the chambers are complete. Loads of quench in the chambers. Each chamber took 2 hours to complete and the valves stick out past the deck when at .430" valve lift. Hopefully the flow numbers will be there when the ports are complete. The exhaust side are all but done. The intake side will require many more hours to finish. Tooling to cut the spring seats has begun. We made up the base tool, but have to slot it and tack in the carbides. Decision on the spring is to use the same spring I have been using.

Frank
05-03-2006, 10:20 AM
You shoudl give us some pics!

glhs875
05-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Sounds interesting!! I feel that the real power an 8V head can produce has still yet to be tapped into. I agree that raising the ports is a very good place to start! The last bit of port work I did on my head seems to have really paid off big time. I have never had an 8V myself, that would continue to build power all the way to rev limit. I've got to get that raised. It will actually slow my car down. And yes, some pictures would be cool:thumb:

John B
05-03-2006, 12:12 PM
We will be making our own Beryllium/Copper exhaust seats

Steve M. Just a heads up in case your machinist doesn't know, use a good respirator while working beryllium; it's very unhealthy stuff to inhale.

turbovanmanČ
05-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Wow Steve, sounds like this thing is gonna haul. Pics would be awesome.

Is the filled in coolant passage a mistake or was it done on purpose? Is it a Dodge head or Glen's? Just curious, :nod:

Directconnection
05-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Kinda like the cheater heads, or the IMSA heads. I forget the company that cast these up, but I believe one was on ebay a couple years back and was labeled a "pink" head or something. Mancini racing...or one of the other Mopar rwd vendors that used to venture into 2.2 fwd as well. I am sure Steve will set the story straight as I forget what even he told me a few months back. D$%N short term memory! :banghead:

TurboJerry
05-12-2006, 01:41 AM

Steve M.

That would be giving up now woulden't it? Hehehe...........

BadFastGTC
05-12-2006, 06:59 AM
Give up? Never! I could use the SRT head on the Shelby......

Steve M.

That would be giving up now woulden't it? Hehehe...........

BadFastGTC
05-12-2006, 07:03 AM
Short term memory loss, eh? The casting wasn't one of the old IMSA heads. I have one of those here that needs all the machining done. Far too much expense for the return on that investment. This casting came from Glen Smith and it was on e-Bay. I chose the "Buy It Now" option. I don't know what the terminology is for this casting.

Kinda like the cheater heads, or the IMSA heads. I forget the company that cast these up, but I believe one was on ebay a couple years back and was labeled a "pink" head or something. Mancini racing...or one of the other Mopar rwd vendors that used to venture into 2.2 fwd as well. I am sure Steve will set the story straight as I forget what even he told me a few months back. D$%N short term memory! :banghead:

BadFastGTC
05-12-2006, 07:06 AM
Yessir, the head is said to glow in the dark when all the lights are off in the shop! I actually was able to track down a seat that works without buying barstock at $22.00/LB. They weren't listed in any catalog and are a motorcycle application. All we'll have to do is cut them out on the Serdi when the time comes. Up to that point, I still have a ton of work to do. Dust masks are a must with this material!

Just a heads up in case your machinist doesn't know, use a good respirator while working beryllium; it's very unhealthy stuff to inhale.

Directconnection
05-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Short term memory loss, eh? The casting wasn't one of the old IMSA heads. I have one of those here that needs all the machining done. Far too much expense for the return on that investment. This casting came from Glen Smith and it was on e-Bay. I chose the "Buy It Now" option. I don't know what the terminology is for this casting.

Yes... something about a "pink head" or something that was on ebay a few years ago, right? Offered from Koffel's or some Mopar speed shop like them, correct?

TurboJerry
05-13-2006, 04:35 AM
I don't believe it was offered for sale ever. they may "float" around rarely today, but I believe it was only a "race" head. The general public could not buy them when they were new.....(or you had to be hooked up with someone at Mopar) I don't think there's a name for it either. I'm not sure though?????

Frank
05-15-2006, 01:44 PM
I had seen one on e-bay a while back...

Frank

BadFastGTC
06-18-2006, 06:49 AM
You shoudl give us some pics!

I've worked on that one Frank. I tried to upload a few shots, couldn't get anywhere, and realized the files were too freaking large! Now, after a few minor adjustments, I have some!

BadFastGTC
06-18-2006, 07:10 AM
Full chamber shot.

BadFastGTC
06-18-2006, 07:12 AM
Closer shot

glhs875
06-18-2006, 08:59 AM
That's a good looking head. Looks like the chambers were based off a G head. I have been thinking about having my G head welded up some in the combustion chambers and then recontouring them to a similar shape.

BadAssPerformance
06-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Looks awesome Steve!

2.216VTurbo
06-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Sweet chamber shape, how do they CC out? Anything worth mentioning on the top side of the head, any tricks or variations from stock?

turbovanmanČ
06-18-2006, 04:13 PM
Looks good Steve, the ports look like sewer pipes, :nod:

Do you need custom piston's? that chamber looks awfully small?

Frank
06-18-2006, 04:46 PM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1259&d=1150627751

Holy crap Steve... you were kidding about how much you "did" something... that is huge!!!! LOL!!!

contraption22
06-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Beatiful work Steve! I noticed you said you were using a plug similar to an SRT-r plug. Have you found one without a projected tip?

BadFastGTC
06-18-2006, 07:01 PM
It was a no-chamber head when I started with it!

That's a good looking head. Looks like the chambers were based off a G head. I have been thinking about having my G head welded up some in the combustion chambers and then recontouring them to a similar shape.

BadFastGTC
06-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks JT. I need to keep moving on it and see how it turns out.

Looks awesome Steve!

BadFastGTC
06-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Alan, long time no converse! I haven't cc'd the chambers as I do not have valves yet. I have had some good coaching on the chamber shape. I trust the info I have been fortunate to receive. The top side is welded for the raised intake ports. I have to have a little more done to get a full thread depth for the exhaust studs. Once that is done, I can cut the spring seats and get to work on the intake ports.

Sweet chamber shape, how do they CC out? Anything worth mentioning on the top side of the head, any tricks or variations from stock?

BadFastGTC
06-18-2006, 07:06 PM
Looks can be deceiving Simon. I will be ordering custom pistons and rods as soon as the budget allows.

Looks good Steve, the ports look like sewer pipes, :nod:

Do you need custom piston's? that chamber looks awfully small?

BadFastGTC
06-18-2006, 07:08 PM
The cool thing is, the port cross section really isn't all that big. It sure looks it, probably due to how much better it is shaped vs. the factory "snaggle port" The inside diameter of the seat is 1.25". The cross section of the port gives the same area.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1259&d=1150627751

Holy crap Steve... you were kidding about how much you "did" something... that is huge!!!! LOL!!!

BadFastGTC
06-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Those are my ACR's original plugs Mike!

Beatiful work Steve! I noticed you said you were using a plug similar to an SRT-r plug. Have you found one without a projected tip?

Lugert
06-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Who stole your water jackets?

Directconnection
06-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Full chamber shot.

"G" ...that's a nice compact chamber ya got there!

2.216VTurbo
06-19-2006, 01:55 AM

If our heads are 'closed deck' to start, this one would be a super closed deck:lol:

BadFastGTC
06-19-2006, 07:35 AM
Sweet eh?

glhs875
06-19-2006, 08:19 AM
It was a no-chamber head when I started with it!

Will you explain better by no chamber? What all did you have to do it?

8valves
06-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Will you explain better by no chamber? What all did you have to do it?

I think it was explained earlier on. The head had no combustion chamber when he recieved it. I think they were referred to as "pink" heads?

AM

glhs875
06-19-2006, 03:15 PM
I think it was explained earlier on. The head had no combustion chamber when he recieved it. I think they were referred to as "pink" heads?

AM

What Iam asking is, was it flat (even) with the deck surface? Or was it welded, and then contoured?

TurboGLH
06-19-2006, 06:37 PM
What Iam asking is, was it flat (even) with the deck surface? Or was it welded, and then contoured?

It was a completely unmachined head, no ports, guides, cumbustion chambers, nothing. I'm personally interested in seeing shots of the manifold side of the head, I want to see just how much higher the ports are.

8valves
06-19-2006, 11:07 PM
It was a completely unmachined head, no ports, guides, cumbustion chambers, nothing. I'm personally interested in seeing shots of the manifold side of the head, I want to see just how much higher the ports are.

I'd like to see that as well.

AM

Warren Stramer
06-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Hey Steve, How bout a look at the intake/exhaust gasket side.

BadFastGTC
06-20-2006, 07:41 AM
The chambers were welded up completely, save for a small hole to each port. The ports were changed somewhat when the head was cast. One fantastic thing they did was to eliminate the coolant passage behind the guide in the exhaust port. The intake side has an area filled that I was going to do, this step was saved. The information I got when I purchased the head was that it was welded, re-heat treated, and the machining was done for the cam towers and lifter holes. The chambers were non-existent when recieved, flat with the deck.

Steve M.

BadFastGTC
06-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Intake port entrances and exhaust port exits are 1/2" higher than stock locations. I bolted a valve cover to the head, clamped an intake to the head, marked all the positions and then had the intake port roof areas welded up. The exhaust port floors were also welded up. The head had rough ports cast in it.

Steve M.

BadFastGTC
06-20-2006, 07:46 AM
The intake/exhaust side is still rough. Once it looks a lot better, I'll shoot it and post it.

Steve M.

glhs875
06-20-2006, 01:03 PM
That head is sounding REAL SWEET!!! :thumb:

BadFastGTC
07-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Warren,

Here are a couple shots of the roughed exhaust ports

Steve M.

Warren Stramer
07-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Steve, Looks like aprox. same cross section but with a much straighter shot at the valve.....yes,no,maybe? either way, nice work.........Warren

Frank
07-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Steve, Looks like aprox. same cross section but with a much straighter shot at the valve.....yes,no,maybe? either way, nice work.........Warren

That pretty much sums it up. I believe he is welding up the top of the head to move the bolt holes up and such since the whole port has been moved up for that beautiful port.

Frank

Reaper1
07-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Steve, I'm VERY excited to see this work on this head! I remember seeing that head on e-bay and wishing I had the funds to get it so you could work your magic on it! I'm anxiouse to see what becomes of it! I have a question for ya...when/if the ports are made larger than the holes in the gasket, how to you deal with this? Also, how close is the intake going to be to the valve cover? Is there any interference? I know you said you had all this mocked up, I'm just wondering how certain things fit. Anyways...it's nice to see this...keep it up!

omnivore
07-30-2006, 11:28 PM
When this head is done, and #'s are checked out, are you considering having these cast up in quantity and selling them to interested TD'ers? I mean a mass produced head that bolts up directly, and yeilds significant gains without witch-doctor top secret porting should be worth what Dart etc get for a Honda head, at least.

BadFastGTC
07-31-2006, 07:35 AM
The intake/exhaust ports are not larger than the gasket. No need to worry about anything there. The intake is very close to the valve cover and will have to be relieved slightly.

Steve M.

Steve, I'm VERY excited to see this work on this head! I remember seeing that head on e-bay and wishing I had the funds to get it so you could work your magic on it! I'm anxiouse to see what becomes of it! I have a question for ya...when/if the ports are made larger than the holes in the gasket, how to you deal with this? Also, how close is the intake going to be to the valve cover? Is there any interference? I know you said you had all this mocked up, I'm just wondering how certain things fit. Anyways...it's nice to see this...keep it up!

BadFastGTC
07-31-2006, 07:37 AM
I'm not considering doing anything save for running it on the car, if it all pans out as planned!

Steve M.

When this head is done, and #'s are checked out, are you considering having these cast up in quantity and selling them to interested TD'ers? I mean a mass produced head that bolts up directly, and yeilds significant gains without witch-doctor top secret porting should be worth what Dart etc get for a Honda head, at least.

BadFastGTC
07-31-2006, 07:39 AM
Yessir buddy, the cross section is very close all the way out. The ports all have a straighter shot to and from the valves.

Steve M.

GLHSKEN
07-31-2006, 07:56 AM
Steve,

Got your message this weekend... SOUNDED NICE!!! I'll give ya a shout this week. 2 cars almost back up. One needs a radiator one a belt and buttoning up.

turbovanmanČ
07-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Too bad it can't be mass produced, :(

Frank
07-31-2006, 01:21 PM
it could be, but it would require a group buy of around 200+ people... maybe more.

Frank

BadFastGTC
08-01-2006, 06:56 AM
16" of vacuum on the tired motor!

Steve M.

Steve,

Got your message this weekend... SOUNDED NICE!!! I'll give ya a shout this week. 2 cars almost back up. One needs a radiator one a belt and buttoning up.

BadFastGTC
08-01-2006, 06:58 AM
Considering how well the 8V cars represented us at SDAC/SRT Nats, perhaps Ma Mopar will end up going back to the 8V with the heads done this way! One never knows......

Steve M.

it could be, but it would require a group buy of around 200+ people... maybe more.

Frank

Frank
08-01-2006, 07:56 AM
I should just for the heck of it see how much World Motors would charge for different quantities of head castings. Just for grins. However for that kind of work, you are almost better off taking a Neon head, doing an INDY port, making some other changes, and then having a casting that works with our blocks. That would be worth while... 300+ cfm heads on our cars would be sick. We have way more hood room when using a 2.4L head, so you could do some sweet stuff to one.

Frank

cordes
08-01-2006, 10:19 PM
I should just for the heck of it see how much World Motors would charge for different quantities of head castings. Just for grins. However for that kind of work, you are almost better off taking a Neon head, doing an INDY port, making some other changes, and then having a casting that works with our blocks. That would be worth while... 300+ cfm heads on our cars would be sick. We have way more hood room when using a 2.4L head, so you could do some sweet stuff to one.

Frank

I agree. If you are going to have some thing cast, you might as well go all out with the platform that has the most potential.

turbovanmanČ
08-02-2006, 04:46 AM
Considering how well the 8V cars represented us at SDAC/SRT Nats, perhaps Ma Mopar will end up going back to the 8V with the heads done this way! One never knows......

Steve M.

True, sort of. Reeves had an 8V Omni and Rob had a 2.4L SC with NOS. So they were both equal but I think Rob car made 10's look relatively easy.

GLHSKEN
08-02-2006, 07:08 AM
Warren was also an 8v. Put an auto in James car it it will look easy as well. Although that would take the fun out of it...

Just wait Simon... "Ve haf Planz..." You are obsessed with 16v's... The 8v's hold their own pretty well.

Frank
08-02-2006, 08:13 AM
You are evil Ken! When is the date for plan?

contraption22
08-02-2006, 10:01 AM

Frank

Well why not a copy of the TIII head with the original flaws corrected?

turbovanmanČ
08-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Warren was also an 8v. Put an auto in James car it it will look easy as well. Although that would take the fun out of it...

Just wait Simon... "Ve haf Planz..." You are obsessed with 16v's... The 8v's hold their own pretty well.

My bad on forgetting Warren S, that car is sooooo nice, pictures don't do it justice.

I am not putting Reeves down, its just awesome to watch him leap frog his car while Rob just hammers the gas and go, lol!

I explained the reasoning to Frank but you weren't around, its not merely for power, its fuel economy. I can expect at least 5 mpg gain and if tuned, probably more just by swapping. I can expect low to mid 20's with a 16V setup, and with gas prices being the way they are, :thumb:

Well why not a copy of the TIII head with the original flaws corrected?

No kidding, that would be freaking sweet, :nod:

BadAssPerformance
08-02-2006, 01:26 PM
I explained the reasoning to Frank but you weren't around, its not merely for power, its fuel economy. I can expect at least 5 mpg gain and if tuned, probably more just by swapping. I can expect low to mid 20's with a 16V setup, and with gas prices being the way they are, :thumb:

gas mileage, blah, blah, blah... I heard you say that too... suuuure thats why ;)

8V for life yo! :thumb:

turbovanmanČ
08-02-2006, 01:27 PM
gas mileage, blah, blah, blah... I heard you say that too... suuuure thats why ;)

Honestly, ;)

Frank
08-02-2006, 01:30 PM
I dont think you are going to see big effects on the gas mileage because the power band is higher then the 8valves... aka less efficency down low even though the bore stroke is the same.... maybe it will help in Simon's case, but that is just because something is fubar on his current setup.

turbovanmanČ
08-02-2006, 01:34 PM
I dont think you are going to see big effects on the gas mileage because the power band is higher then the 8valves... aka less efficency down low even though the bore stroke is the same.... maybe it will help in Simon's case, but that is just because something is fubar on his current setup.

Nope, average 15mpg which is on par with turbo auto vans. A member on TD swapped on a Neon head and picked up at least 5mpg, :eyebrows:

BadAssPerformance
08-02-2006, 01:39 PM
...oh yeah, and jckreiger is getting 30mpg with a custom cal in his 8V '89 T2 Daytona :P

BACK ON TOPIC... got any update pics Steve?

contraption22
08-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Nope, average 15mpg which is on par with turbo auto vans. A member on TD swapped on a Neon head and picked up at least 5mpg, :eyebrows:

Tell that to my SRT-4. I get better milage with my 2.2 turbo 8v automatic Horizon than i do with the SRT-4.

turbovanmanČ
08-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Tell that to my SRT-4. I get better milage with my 2.2 turbo 8v automatic Horizon than i do with the SRT-4.

Omni's weigh nothing, :p

TurboGLH
08-02-2006, 02:13 PM

+1 I'm lucky to get 24mpg doing my normal driving. On all highway trips that will go up to 27 at the most.

For comparison, my spirit with a 3.0/604 got 27 all the time with over 30 on highway trips.

turbovanmanČ
08-02-2006, 02:23 PM
+1 I'm lucky to get 24mpg doing my normal driving. On all highway trips that will go up to 27 at the most.

For comparison, my spirit with a 3.0/604 got 27 all the time with over 30 on highway trips.

I'll glady take 24 mpg.

Frank
08-02-2006, 02:24 PM
...oh yeah, and jckreiger is getting 30mpg with a custom cal in his 8V '89 T2 Daytona :P

PICS!!! :thumb:

Reaper1
08-02-2006, 08:40 PM
One last hijack...Simon, I was getting around 20-22mpg in my turbo van before the electrical problem. Granted it wasn't all that modded, but I didn't drive it very nice either...best I got out of it was 16.0@86mph on basically a stock TII set-up with a mitsu turbo and a slipping tranny with a downpipe and muffler under the floor in the middle of the van....

turbovanmanČ
08-02-2006, 11:17 PM
One last hijack...Simon, I was getting around 20-22mpg in my turbo van before the electrical problem. Granted it wasn't all that modded, but I didn't drive it very nice either...best I got out of it was 16.0@86mph on basically a stock TII set-up with a mitsu turbo and a slipping tranny with a downpipe and muffler under the floor in the middle of the van....

One more, lol! Even when I first got it, minor porting, stock cam, stock comp and fuel system, TIII turbo, best I could get was 17 and I tried different computers, MAPs, made no difference, :(

BadFastGTC
08-03-2006, 09:53 AM
I do not at this point, although I did get all the intake/exhaust mani holes drilled and tapped. Progress has slowed due to all the evening cruising I have been doing. I won't be able to do any more work this week as my daughter is getting married Saturday.

Fuel mileage. Sledgehammer delivered 31.1 while cruising at 75-85 to Turbopalooza a couple of years ago. The figure was carrying me, Mike Marra, all the spare parts I usually drive to an event with, and our clothes! Best mileage out of my TD's and SRT4!

Steve M.

Reaper1
08-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Congrats to you and your daughter!

That milage is awsome, I bet the tuning has something to do with it ;)

turbovanmanČ
08-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Congrats Steve, :thumb:

GLHNSLHT2
07-26-2007, 10:36 PM

Only 30?? My 2.5 Shelby Z with +40's and a 3bar get's 32 city and 37+ freeway. 8v 2.5 get's plenty good mileage if the tune is right.

contraption22
07-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Only 30?? My 2.5 Shelby Z with +40's and a 3bar get's 32 city and 37+ freeway. 8v 2.5 get's plenty good mileage if the tune is right.

Are you going by actual gallons consumed/miles traveled or by the Traveler computer?

GLHNSLHT2
07-27-2007, 12:47 AM
traveler? what's that? :) Extra no needed weight that doesn't wor k with a 3bar +40 cal. Yes I'm going by miles/gallon. Fill up at the same pump 99% of the time. Over the last 3 tanks I've gotten 32MPG city driving. The last trip I took I got 37.3 which was 80% freeway with just a backpack for overnight and my g/f and her backpack. 20% of that we had a tranny, steering column, some interior pieces and were doing some slow city driving as well. We had it all on the way back but she drove and had to follow me in a messed up gultess wonder automatic 87 ShelbyZ that I drove back. She doesn't know how to smoothly use the accelerator so you don't engage the fuel enrichment tables and only got about 35 MPG on the return trip. I'm sure with just me, and a straight shot on the freeway I could eek out 40MPG. Before the wideband O2 I got 32-34MPG all the way to SoCal and back and around 28 around town. The Wideband is gonna pay for itself in gas real quick.

Ok enough hijacking, if anyone wants more info PM or start a new thread. Awesome cylinder head steve. Like the 2.0 crank too.

Skibbe
07-27-2007, 11:02 AM

Just read the thread again and saw this. :lol:

I think what JT meant was. "8V for (the) life (of the block) yo!"

contraption22
07-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Just read the thread again and saw this. :lol:

I think what JT meant was. "8V for (the) life (of the block) yo!"

What he really meant was "8v for life, unless you have a built 2.4 with no home sitting in your garage"

BadAssPerformance
07-27-2007, 05:52 PM
What he really meant was "8v for life, unless you have a built 2.4 with no home sitting in your garage"

LOL... exaaaaacty :thumb:

We'll see how this new fangled stuff works, I still have tons of hi-po 8v stuff lying around to play with tho ;)

Speedeuphoria
07-28-2007, 03:26 AM
That just means you have more work to do:D

Your a fabin mofo lately. When is the 2.4 arival date?

BadAssPerformance
07-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah, noooo shiiit there tons of work :(

There is no way I would have done this conversion in this car if I didnt have access to a full machine shop.

Arrival? i wanted to get it done by SDAC-17... now trying for the Mopar Nats! :thumb:

2.216VTurbo
07-28-2007, 11:22 AM

Or 3 16V Masi motors.... What can I say, they just seem to find me:evil: ... Nuther one coming in a couple weeks:D

Been wanted to build a '69 Dart Swinger, kind of a first-car-all-over-again thing... Wonder how the TC motor would look sitting sideways?

BadAssPerformance
07-28-2007, 11:28 AM
LOL... not too many of you guys have a few Masi's in the garage ;)

I have TONS of 2.2L/2.5L stuff, but only one 2.4L I am trying not to collect them! although.... you know if this 2.4L thing works out, I would love to build a 2.4L Cobra ;) :thumb:

Vigo
07-28-2007, 12:16 PM
hehe, thats a thought.