PDA

View Full Version : Radiator brands

135sohc
01-14-2009, 01:13 AM
After this winter is over I'm gonna have to get a new radiator for the shadow. (94 tbi 2.2)
Checked around and found

advance auto selling Ready-Rad & Spectra Premium

Napa's listing doesnt specifically say its a modine but the p/n 2267 is correct for the application and the picture shown says modine on it

rockauto lists Spectra premium, proliance and visteon

looked around and found

ready-rad is a brand of proliance. No idea about the quality or where its made
Modine I've never heard bad things about.
Spectra Premium never heard of them before either ?
visteon ? thought they made parts for Fords ?

thanks for any input

looneytuner
01-14-2009, 09:34 AM
One thing is check the upper hose outlet. I think I have 2 Modine that have an upper fitting for 1" hose. BUT the upper hose is 1 1/4"? The only place I could find an adapter was on EBay. I emailed TU about stocking it.
When you get a new rad check the upper outlet. If it's 1" make sure the adapter is in the box!

turbovanmanČ
01-14-2009, 06:01 PM
They are all good brands, can't go wrong with anyone, Modine would be the best one though.

jory
01-16-2009, 03:18 AM
I always end up owning a radiator that was made in Canada. I'd rather that than China for sure.

135sohc
01-16-2009, 03:37 AM
I always end up owning a radiator that was made in Canada. I'd rather that than China for sure.

Yes, I'd much rather support the neighbors up north than overseas.

TheCanadian007
01-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Nothing wrong with Canadian merchandise.... : P

slm90vnt
04-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Nothing wrong with Canadian merchandise.... : P
good things come from canada! crown royal for instance. pretty hard to beat crown and coke!

mcglsr2
04-09-2009, 09:01 PM
slight hijack, but since we are talking about radiators - is there a replacement for a TII rad (like on an 87 CSX) as places like Autozone, or will i have to purchase another T-II rad off a car, like here on the forums? thanks!

again, sorry for the hijack!

135sohc
04-09-2009, 11:09 PM
slight hijack, but since we are talking about radiators - is there a replacement for a TII rad (like on an 87 CSX) as places like Autozone, or will i have to purchase another T-II rad off a car, like here on the forums? thanks!

again, sorry for the hijack!

Used or find something aftermarket and make it work. T-II/intercooled style radiators are a big shortage item.

mcglsr2
04-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Used or find something aftermarket and make it work. T-II/intercooled style radiators are a big shortage item.

thanks for the info!