PDA

View Full Version : turbo inlet housing gasket?

zshadow
04-05-2006, 06:31 PM
brian and i took off the inlet housing on the turbo to rotate the possition of the inlet for the t2 setup.

brian said there was a gasket that was somewhat important on inside of the inlet housing connecting to the turbo. i know where it is and what it is, but where can i get a new one?

advanced doesnt even know what im talking about, and the only thing that looks similar is the t3 gasket on turbosunleashed...

where can i get one?

~Kevin

turbovanmanČ
04-05-2006, 08:26 PM
There is no gasket from the exhaust manifold to the turbo-use wheel bearing grease.

If your talking compressor housing to base-some had an o-ring, some did not. My turbonetics hybrid has no gasket or o-ring, its just metal to metal.

tryingbe
04-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Just buy it.

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=111_103&products_id=99

Dave
04-06-2006, 08:12 AM
You mean you clocked the turbo? Or you just took the intake hose off? If that's the case, you don't need a gasket. Nothing "really" needs to be sealed in the intake before the turbo.

mark
04-06-2006, 08:59 AM
what happened is he did a garrett conversion from t1 to t2. it would not rotate when the bolts were loosened, so it had to get tapped to loosen up, and that tore up whatever the gasket is (metal or whatever) I just talked to someone who has been helping him to get the scoop.

Kevin, I have an exhaust manifold you can have thats already notched. I can stop by to drop the manny off on friday but some family stuff came up and i can't stick around for long.

I would highly suggest getting all these parts you need before you mount your head. its a lot easier to mount everything on the head, then mound the head on the block, than it is to mount the head, then try and bolt up the stuff to it. Just an idea since we're pretty much doing the same project. patience will pay off

Dave
04-07-2006, 08:30 AM
I would highly suggest getting all these parts you need before you mount your head. its a lot easier to mount everything on the head, then mound the head on the block, than it is to mount the head, then try and bolt up the stuff to it. Just an idea since we're pretty much doing the same project. patience will pay off

Definate +1 on that!

Anyways, why did he remove the housing anyways? Just curious.

mark
04-07-2006, 11:45 AM
rotated output of garret so it can run in a t2 configuration, once the bolts were loose it still didnt rotate, so had to tap it, and when it got free to move, i guess the old seal just disintigrated. ...