PDA

View Full Version : SDAC 8 Pic

bradp
01-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Indy SDAC-8 As you can tell I'm diggin the new scanner. I found this pic of me in the back with the goofy smile, Tim Pettijohn and Matt Murphy(I think) sprayin down his smoked TIII motor.

sdac guy
01-03-2009, 07:03 PM
I don't recognize the guy Brad. Interesting pic though.

Barry

black86glhs
01-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Hey, 6 people turned out at SDAC 8, not bad.:clap:

Captain Chaos
01-03-2009, 09:43 PM

You forgot the camera guy.:thumb:

2.216VTurbo
01-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Hmm, you had brown hair Brad? I guess I kinda figured it was always gray:lol:...

bradp
01-03-2009, 10:37 PM
that's what kids do to you.

fleckster
01-08-2009, 10:50 AM
I have quite a few pictures from SDAC-8 but they are pictures taken with a cheapy 35mm I had then and not digital. I guess I need to get with Brad and have him scan them in with his new scanner!

4 l-bodies
01-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Hey I was there too. Me and my buddy drove my 2 Santa fe Blue GLHT's to the event. Drove all night to get there. One was loaned out to Doug Mill who flew in. He needed something to drive around the oval with!
That was a very memorable event for me. We were trying to set new land speed records on the interstate one night. If we would have been pulled over, we probably would have been eligible for parole about now. Ah, to be young and stupid.:p
Added pic. One of the cohorts in the high speed run. Who are these young guys?
Todd

sdac guy
01-08-2009, 12:41 PM
I have the CD collection that Jim Falco took at SDAC's 5-8. I've just not gotten around to posting the pics up. In fact the CD that Kevin Isenberg sent me with many SDAC event photos is still sitting here. :( I need to take a couple weeks and work on the website, I got a ton of photos ...

Barry

30 PSI SHADOW
01-15-2009, 12:26 AM
[ One of the cohorts in the high speed run. Who are these young guys?
Todd[/QUOTE]

Gee, he looks young! Too something happened to me over the years!! (plug old fart)

Bill Baker

by the way, the guy to the left is nick ( Last name escapes me)

30 PSI SHADOW
01-15-2009, 12:40 AM
The 3 cars that were there were me with diogo,and someone else i cant remember,next to Joe Lococco and passenger,and the 3rd car was Todd Nelson.
Wow, that was great though, what started as a innocent drag race from 60mph roll, turned out to be a "who will lift first"...whew..
3 cars side by side by side. I just remember my speedo buried at 125MPH long before we lifted. 5500-6000rpm in 5th...... it was a wash.

I cant imagine if a cop saw us 3 wide at 150mph.....

Bill Baker
NESDAC Pres

2.216VTurbo
01-15-2009, 01:52 AM
[ One of the cohorts in the high speed run. Who are these young guys?
Todd

Gee, he looks young! Too something happened to me over the years!! (plug old fart)

Bill Baker

by the way, the guy to the left is nick ( Last name escapes me)[/QUOTE]

You had hair??:confused:

4 l-bodies
01-15-2009, 01:57 AM
The 3 cars that were there were me with diogo,and someone else i cant remember,next to Joe Lococco and passenger,and the 3rd car was Todd Nelson.
Wow, that was great though, what started as a innocent drag race from 60mph roll, turned out to be a "who will lift first"...whew..
3 cars side by side by side. I just remember my speedo buried at 125MPH long before we lifted. 5500-6000rpm in 5th...... it was a wash.

I cant imagine if a cop saw us 3 wide at 150mph.....

Bill Baker
NESDAC Pres

:lol:True story guys. I personally saw 5800 RPM in 5th gear with my GLHT. I missed 5th gear at approx. 125 MPH and got back into the throttle for a long time. In my defense, I hadn't much practice speed shifting into 5th before then. In the end, I could have reached out and touched Joe's mirror at 150 MPH!!!

What were we thinking! Perhaps we were testing the high speed aerodynamics of a GLHT, CSX Shadow, and GLHS Charger. I'm surprised to this day that the GLHT's aerodynamic footprint was able to hold it's own at those speeds.

Had we been caught by the police. I can just hear the cop, "who do you guys think you are driving that fast? Carroll Shelby?":p

BadAssPerformance
01-15-2009, 07:22 AM
I have quite a few pictures from SDAC-8 but they are pictures taken with a cheapy 35mm I had then and not digital. I guess I need to get with Brad and have him scan them in with his new scanner!

Yeah, i have a couple rolls of 35mm from SDAC-8... need a scanner :)

turboshadow
01-15-2009, 09:42 AM
by the way, the guy to the left is nick ( Last name escapes me)

Stivali? or something like that he lives 5 houses up from where im renting:lol:

4 l-bodies
01-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, i have a couple rolls of 35mm from SDAC-8... need a scanner :)
Just bought a Epson Perfection V-500 scanner for that purpose. Works great. Works on slides, and photos too. About $175. The older model V-200 is outdated, but can be bought really cheap as "refurbished" from Epson it's like $99 shipped.
Todd

30 PSI SHADOW
01-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Stivali? or something like that

Thats it! Thanks, sorry nick, aging sucks!

And yes Alan, i had hair...........

bill

fleckster
01-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Nick's about half that size now and a Policeman in Cincinnati. He's still have his cars but I don't think he comes to the Forums and doesn't have near the time for hanging out with the crew as he used to.

Reeves
01-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Hey I was there too. Me and my buddy drove my 2 Santa fe Blue GLHT's to the event. Drove all night to get there. One was loaned out to Doug Mill who flew in. He needed something to drive around the oval with!
That was a very memorable event for me. We were trying to set new land speed records on the interstate one night. If we would have been pulled over, we probably would have been eligible for parole about now. Ah, to be young and stupid.:p
Added pic. One of the cohorts in the high speed run. Who are these young guys?
Todd

I think it's spelled Stavale. Nic Stavale. He was Cincy famous for having that "fast red omni" at Edgewater dragstrip.

Wow...makes me want to dig out my pictures from SDAC-8 now. I didn't know anyone back then except for Matt Wright. He and I cruised up there and went to the car show.

fleckster
01-15-2009, 02:28 PM
I was there with my black '87 Shelby Z and also my then brand new Neon R/T and purchased that week Shelby Lancer (#213). I managed to get them all to the track and made at least a pass in all of them! I even have a picture of my Shelby Z on pit row of The Brickyard getting ready for a lap with Nick's VNT LeBaron right behind me in it and I didn't even know him then! lol

4 l-bodies
01-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Here is another pic for you guys. A couple of GLHS's that made it to the finals in quick 8 or was it quick 16 that year? FM's Mike Demoss & in background Rick Diogo and his fresh Masi transplant. And look who's in the backround, the camera shy Bill Baker.:p
Todd

4 l-bodies
01-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Nick's about half that size now and a Policeman in Cincinnati. He's still have his cars but I don't think he comes to the Forums and doesn't have near the time for hanging out with the crew as he used to.
We should get Nick at the event. Chances are someone will do something foolish and need a get out of jail free card:D No need to name any names, you guys know who you are.:p
Todd

sdac guy
01-15-2009, 04:11 PM
We should get Nick at the event. Chances are someone will do something foolish and need a get out of jail free card:D No need to name any names, you guys know who you are.:p
ToddHe was at this past event. I know we will see him this year at 19 too. Nick and Pete Knoll both lost so much weight that I am jealous! :D

Barry

Reeves
01-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Here is another pic for you guys. A couple of GLHS's that made it to the finals in quick 8 or was it quick 16 that year? FM's Mike Demoss & in background Rick Diogo and his fresh Masi transplant. And look who's in the backround, the camera shy Bill Baker.:p
Todd

Wow...I wish those Bogart's still shined like that.....they are on my OMNI! :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
01-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Just bought a Epson Perfection V-500 scanner for that purpose. Works great. Works on slides, and photos too. About $175. The older model V-200 is outdated, but can be bought really cheap as "refurbished" from Epson it's like $99 shipped.
Todd

Thanks for the tip! :thumb:

Rampage16V
04-01-2009, 07:53 PM
I have a couple of hours of video tape from sdac 8

BadAssPerformance
04-01-2009, 08:42 PM
I have a couple of hours of video tape from sdac 8

Any video of a red Shelby Z running 14's in the morning then low 13's in the afternoon? :D

Reeves
04-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Any video of a red Shelby Z running 14's in the morning then low 13's in the afternoon? :D

Good job on the low 13's in a Shelby Z back then!

BadAssPerformance
04-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Good job on the low 13's in a Shelby Z back then!

Thanks! That was on a mitsu turbo too! ...with a little help from a hunert shot :D

Chris W
04-05-2009, 02:58 PM

I have a couple of hours of video tape from SDAC8. I'm sure I have your runs in there somewhere.

Chris-TU

BadAssPerformance
04-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Awesome! There was some good racing at SDAC 8! :thumb:

bradp
04-05-2009, 03:49 PM
I have a couple of hours of video tape from SDAC8. I'm sure I have your runs in there somewhere.

Chris-TU

I would love to see that too Chris. I had a great time that year, and my car was VERY good too.

sdac guy
04-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Awesome! There was some good racing at SDAC 8! :thumb:That was a fun one, and the last one I got to really participate in. I ran my Lancer there, and recall Doug Mill (?) from the NW driving Sandy's Daytona into the 14's (on street tires). The best she ever did with it was 15's. She was thrilled about it performing so well.

I remember also sitting in the SDAC tent with JohnJ late in the afternoon and he was bemoaning the fact that the drag program was running long and it was costing an extra $5 a minute ($300 an hour). Sheesh, I wish I could rent a track for $300 an hour today!! "I'll take 10 hours please!" :lol:

Barry