PDA

View Full Version : now an elec prob.

Moparbishi
04-05-2006, 01:31 AM
i just got the gerret installed on my 2.5 intercooled now garret equiped 89 shadow and now i ave an elec problem. i took off at a light and the car went crazy

the headlights cut out all lights went out the radio went ultra bright and the cluster flickerd a bucnh of times. i pulled over and turned iut off. me and my friend looked it over at all fuses and such and they were all good. the only light that works in the rear is my reverse lights. and only i high beam works. the cluster is now very dim and the aftermarket gauges no longer light up. they were ran on the dash gauge fuse.

any suggestions were to start?

turbovanmanČ
04-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Sounds like the alt went to full charge and popped all your bulbs. First have the battery tested, if its weak, charge and test. If good, hook up a voltmeter and start it, if you see more than 14.5 volts, the voltage reg is gone. If you see battery voltage, then you need to start checking the alt and if good, then the reg is junk.

Moparbishi
04-06-2006, 11:22 PM
thnx for the reply. the alt to battery cable camer unplugged and popped all the bulbs. replaced and tuied down battery.