PDA

View Full Version : Shelby Dodge... CannonBall Run to the Shelby Bash!?

BadAssPerformance
01-02-2009, 01:49 PM
OK, we're not going to be breaking any speed records or driving an ambulance, but Craig (speeddemon) and myself will be travelling coast to coast (Lake Michigan count as a coast right? ;)) in a Nitro towing Craig's GLHS ... leaving this Monday evening! :thumb:

Sooo... If you are along the way and want to try to get a pic of us as we fly by, we wont have mobile internet, but we can call your cell phone so PM me your location and cell number (that you dont care when we call cuz it may be at 2am, LOL!) by this Sunday! :thumb:

http://www.badassperformance.com/misc-pics/maps/csbash/ambulance.jpg
http://www.badassperformance.com/misc-pics/maps/csbash/route1.jpg
http://www.badassperformance.com/misc-pics/maps/csbash/route2.jpg
http://www.badassperformance.com/misc-pics/maps/csbash/route3.jpg
http://www.badassperformance.com/misc-pics/maps/csbash/route4.jpg

black86glhs
01-02-2009, 04:35 PM
This is the beginning.

86Shelby
01-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Weak, no I-80 love.

Have a good time on the trip!

BadAssPerformance
01-02-2009, 05:46 PM
This is the beginning.

...of a very long week!

Weak, no I-80 love.

Have a good time on the trip!

Thanks! and we'd rather take I-80 except for the snow :(

Turbo3Iroc
01-02-2009, 05:52 PM
I checked it out and it's only about 100 miles more to go the southern route. I'd avoid the rockies also for that in the winter. What do you figure gas will cost for the 4K + mile trip? :rockon: for cheap gas!

BadAssPerformance
01-02-2009, 06:06 PM
We d really add up gas yet, but its never gonna be cheaper than it is now! :thumb: ... except for the extra time off work, the trip should cost less than last years flying out and renting a GT350H... ;)

speeddemon
01-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Yup not much longer distance wise and I've never driven the southern route.

It will be cheaper than what we spent for airfare and car rental last year.

Chris W
01-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Be sure to check the weather before taking the I-40 route through Flagstaff. It can be extremely dangerous with the steep grades and all.

Chris-TU

black86glhs
01-02-2009, 08:16 PM
This sounds like the road trip you guys are going on!!:thumb:

sdac guy
01-02-2009, 08:38 PM
This sounds like the road trip you guys are going on!!:thumb:
http://www.thatgreatsite.com/media/family-guy-videos/family-guy-quagmires-cross-country-tour.great

Hmmm I tried that link 3 times and all three times I got a pop-up from Norton that said an attempt to attack my computer was blocked. And then the main display said there was a server reset and connection was abandoned. Not too friendly a site I would say.

Barry

johnl
01-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Hot diggity. This gonna be great! Are you going to be at Gardena Thursday AM, or just lie in wait with that one eyed GLHS for unsuspecting Mustangs in Vegas?

2.216VTurbo
01-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Boy JT, by comparison the route I'll be taking on Thursday seems kinda, uh, wimpy;) I hope to be at the host hotel in LA to buy you guys all the food and drinks you want Wednesday evening:thumb: but I could be pulling the trans out for the third time :mad: or some such other last minute stuff. Should be all buttoned up with the upgrades by Tuesday at the latest:amen:

BadAssPerformance
01-02-2009, 10:07 PM
The plan is to get to LA sometime Wednesday :D

Craig needs to bed the brakes in some abusing Mustangs on Thursday's crusie :thumb:

I'll probably bring a pair of 'work clothes' if you need that trans put in... Oh wait, an L-body? I might be busy ;)

johnl
01-02-2009, 10:15 PM
JT -

"Oh wait, an L-body? I might be busy "

Them's fightin' words.

BadAssPerformance
01-02-2009, 10:19 PM
LOL... not a disrespect thing! and i was kinda joking, I'd give anyone a hand if I could :thumb:

I learned how to wrench on these cars helping my friend wrench on his '87 SC (pic below from 1990-92? Street Machine Nationals) and a few other guys SC's and GLHT's, GLHS's etc...

I guess I'm just too used to the 40 acres of engine compartment G-bodies, LOL!

http://www.hotrodsbykeith.com/myrides/87shelbycharger/87shelby1xx.jpg

black86glhs
01-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Hmmm I tried that link 3 times and all three times I got a pop-up from Norton that said an attempt to attack my computer was blocked. And then the main display said there was a server reset and connection was abandoned. Not too friendly a site I would say.

BarryHuh, it didn't do it the first time I looked at it, but after reading this I checked it out. Sorry guys, not trying to get anyones puter hi-jacked.:(

blk86trbo
01-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Dam that looks like a fun trip...would love to go. See ya at the meeting tomorrow!

BadAssPerformance
01-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah, should be a blast! :) See you tomorrow Paul! :thumb:

black86glhs
01-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Gonna stop at a few places like this on the way?
http://www.hulu.com/watch/43544/family-guy-where-stewie-relaxes#s-p17-st-i1

speeddemon
01-03-2009, 01:46 AM
As JT said - we'll be in Gardena for the cruise out to LV unless something really bad happens. Likely trailer the car to the lunch stop then unload it to do some brake prep on the last half. Car hasn't been run in anger since SDAC so we need to stretch it legs, though I'm not going to show all our cards....

Alan - if you need help let us know we'll be there!

For those that were at the bar last year on Saturday night - martini practice began tonight, two more nights of practice before I head out west.

ForzaV12
01-03-2009, 02:28 AM
... Should be all buttoned up with the upgrades by Tuesday at the latest:amen:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok, now that I've got that out of the system, good luck and did you get the tires taken care of?

MopàrBCN
01-03-2009, 07:53 AM
Hey President, this one is a dream of mine for years now. So guys, have fun and enjoy every second of it!!!!!!

johnl
01-03-2009, 09:35 AM
:
For those that were at the bar last year on Saturday night - martini practice began tonight, two more nights of practice before I head out west.

Darn it. You are practicing already! :D Dang, I got some catching up to do. :mad: And, as I recall, you were in better shape than I was last year too!:thumb:

looneytuner
01-03-2009, 10:55 AM
One minor catch for you. I 64 in St. Louis is closed for 10 miles. If you want a pic of the Gateway arch, get your pics as you cross the bridge from Il. (Gas is down to $1.19 in St. Louis) Look for the I 55 south signs as you cross the bridge. Then I 255 north to I 64 west. That takes you around the city to I 64 west after the construction/shutdown.
If you don't care about the Arch, take I 270 west in Il. and stay on it till you see I 64 west.
Il. HP has traps north of Champaigne Il. and around Litchfield Il. Mo. HP has new unmarked Chargers and even a pickup. They will nail you extra bad in construction zones.

BadAssPerformance
01-03-2009, 11:17 AM

Whoa damn. Did I mention I retired as champion after last year? ;)

BadAssPerformance
01-03-2009, 11:30 AM
One minor catch for you. I 64 in St. Louis is closed for 10 miles. If you want a pic of the Gateway arch, get your pics as you cross the bridge from Il. (Gas is down to $1.19 in St. Louis) Look for the I 55 south signs as you cross the bridge. Then I 255 north to I 64 west. That takes you around the city to I 64 west after the construction/shutdown.
If you don't care about the Arch, take I 270 west in Il. and stay on it till you see I 64 west.
Il. HP has traps north of Champaigne Il. and around Litchfield Il. Mo. HP has new unmarked Chargers and even a pickup. They will nail you extra bad in construction zones.

Thanks for the tips tuner! Looking at our route, I dont think we'll need I64 at all. How is the I55 to I44 interchange constructionwise? And do they light up the arch at night for pics?

looneytuner
01-03-2009, 12:19 PM
You betcha they light up the Arch. The I numbers are confusing in STL. I 70, 55, and 64 all use the same bridge over the Mississippi. In Il, the old Route 66 is I 55. In Mo. the old Route 66 is a street. How is the I55 to I44 interchange constructionwise? That should be good.

(This old fart was confusing I64 and 44?) I stay out of the city unless I get paid to go there. West of St. Louis you will still see some remnants of the old 66 as service roads. Old 30's motor inns and gas stations here and there. In Fenton you will see the mostly shut down Chrylser minivan and truck factory on the right side right after crossing the Meremac River.
If you hit Springfield Mo. in daylight and have time on the way home, hit the original Bass Pro store.
I think around Lebanon Mo. is the ultimate tourist crap store for Ozark souvenirs made out of cedar.
Forgot to mention that the lanes of I44 are a little narrow right now in StL. They squeezed an extra lane in to handle the traffic with I 64 shut down.

2.216VTurbo
01-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Whoa damn. Did I mention I retired as champion after last year? ;)

Uh WhereTF was I during this little contest amonst rookies? Are you guys talking about the open bar event in Vegas? Maybe I was too busy talking up the enthusuasm and dedication of the SD/TD/TM gang to Amy B. Still, I think SD's are almost 10% of the track registrants this year so that looks good for us:thumb: Any guesses who will have more cars there, 60's Shelby's or 80's:eyebrows:?

BadAssPerformance
01-03-2009, 04:22 PM
LOL, yeah, I think you were in the PR / DD role last year? ;)

butchsuppe
01-03-2009, 05:52 PM
So wheres the guest hotel in L.A. and when ?

Captain Chaos
01-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Sounds like an awesome trip Speed safe!

Ondonti
01-03-2009, 11:01 PM
I wish the gas prices would stay low for the whole year.
Cheap gas could get me out to SDAC despite you anti westcoast anti vegas SDAC people ;)

Wait, maybe if I wasnt in the middle of the US and still 1600 miles away.

BigAl
01-04-2009, 04:11 AM
You betcha they light up the Arch. The I numbers are confusing in STL. I 70, 55, and 64 all use the same bridge over the Mississippi. In Il, the old Route 66 is I 55. In Mo. the old Route 66 is a street. How is the I55 to I44 interchange constructionwise? That should be good.

(This old fart was confusing I64 and 44?) I stay out of the city unless I get paid to go there. West of St. Louis you will still see some remnants of the old 66 as service roads. Old 30's motor inns and gas stations here and there. In Fenton you will see the mostly shut down Chrylser minivan and truck factory on the right side right after crossing the Meremac River.
If you hit Springfield Mo. in daylight and have time on the way home, hit the original Bass Pro store.
I think around Lebanon Mo. is the ultimate tourist crap store for Ozark souvenirs made out of cedar.
Forgot to mention that the lanes of I44 are a little narrow right now in StL. They squeezed an extra lane in to handle the traffic with I 64 shut down.

My dad lives in Lebanon, you could stop in and visit him....lol. Bass Pro is pretty cool, they have a 2 story log cabin inside the store.

BadAssPerformance
01-04-2009, 11:08 AM
I wish the gas prices would stay low for the whole year.
Cheap gas could get me out to SDAC despite you anti westcoast anti vegas SDAC people ;)

Wait, maybe if I wasnt in the middle of the US and still 1600 miles away.

+1 to keeping gas prices low, that would be awesome!

BadAssPerformance
01-04-2009, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the tips tuner! not suer if we'll have time to stop, but might if we're ahead of schedule :thumb:

denviola
01-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip, enjoy and be safe.
And of course, PICS!

BadAssPerformance
01-04-2009, 01:05 PM
We'll definitely get pics! We're planning to get some video too :thumb:

black86glhs
01-04-2009, 02:26 PM
We'll definitely get pics! We're planning to get some video too :thumb:No pics of the gazer bars please.;)

johnl
01-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Uh WhereTF was I during this little contest amonst rookies? Are you guys talking about the open bar event in Vegas? Maybe I was too busy talking up the enthusuasm and dedication of the SD/TD/TM gang to Amy B. Still, I think SD's are almost 10% of the track registrants this year so that looks good for us:thumb: Any guesses who will have more cars there, 60's Shelby's or 80's:eyebrows:?

:fencing:IMHO Craig was the Champ :number1:and I came in second. :clap2:

You too (JT and Alan) are just too skinny to even get in the game.:D:peace:

black86glhs
01-04-2009, 11:58 PM
You guys have a fun but safe trip. As the Sarge on Hill Street Blues used to say, "Lets be careful out there.":clap:

butchsuppe
01-05-2009, 01:48 AM
So wheres the guest hotel in L.A. and when ?

Well ?

2.216VTurbo
01-05-2009, 03:43 AM
Well ?

Browse on over to TeamShelby and read up a bit...

BadAssPerformance
01-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Today is going to be the longest day of work ever!!! Cant wait to leave, LOL!!!

looneytuner
01-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Upate.....(had another senior moment) Bloomington Il not Champaigne is the speedtrap. Some actor driving home from Mi. got arrested for DUI over the weekend.

BadAssPerformance
01-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the tip! :thumb:

butchsuppe
01-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Browse on over to TeamShelby and read up a bit...

Couldn't find sqawt.:(

ForzaV12
01-06-2009, 02:07 AM
Couldn't find sqawt.:(

hey Butch, the pre event get together is at Ruby's. 245 N. Harbor Drive. Redondo Beach, CA 90277 @ 6;00

2.216VTurbo
01-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Another till 1 am wrench night last night, like four in a row and I expect tonight will be more of the same. My skelleton is getting tired:oIt's close but I'm sure there is another 10 hours of wrenching to go...

blk86trbo
01-06-2009, 11:32 AM
That's a neat looking header...hell that whole engine bay looks awesome

johnl
01-06-2009, 11:53 PM
Looking good. Get 'er done. Alan, I will not see you Wednesday night but I will see you Thursday AM.

What all are you doing to that car? It was fast as hell before . . . . .

butchsuppe
01-07-2009, 02:30 AM
hey Butch, the pre event get together is at Ruby's. 245 N. Harbor Drive. Redondo Beach, CA 90277 @ 6;00

Thanks Steve.

ForzaV12
01-07-2009, 04:45 AM
Another till 1 am wrench night last night, like four in a row and I expect tonight will be more of the same. My skelleton is getting tired:oIt's close but I'm sure there is another 10 hours of wrenching to go...

:thumb::thumb::thumb:, looking good tonight!

2.216VTurbo
01-07-2009, 04:57 AM
It lives. It's 1 am once again but it lives. Did I mention it lives:eyebrows: We noticed that when we were spinning the motor with the plugs out to build oil pressure, the DBB GT35 was turning. I think it's gonna spool:evil:

Austrian Dodge
01-07-2009, 06:14 AM
damn sexy man, good job!

...and you finally got the right turbo :)

looneytuner
01-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Any updates from Badass? St. Louis had black ice attack before dawn yesterday. Anyone heard from him?

BadAssPerformance
01-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Well, thanks for the update Looney but we zipped thru St. L on Monday night.... JJ and Victor rolled into a hotel in Santa Monica last night at 1am local.

From Chicago... ~34h total, taking out breaks to eat, gas, stretch the legs, and a long stop in IL for a wreck maybe 28h actual drive time? ;)

The car looks great Alan! Gllad you got it running! :clap: :thumb:

black86glhs
01-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Well, thanks for the update Looney but we zipped thru St. L on Monday night.... JJ and Victor rolled into a hotel in Santa Monica last night at 1am local.

From Chicago... ~34h total, taking out breaks to eat, gas, stretch the legs, and a long stop in IL for a wreck maybe 28h actual drive time? ;)

The car looks great Alan! Gllad you got it running! :clap: :thumb:Glad you guys are there ok. I was beginning to think you guys were stuck in a seedy truck stop working yourselves for gas money.:confused:

:lol::lol:

8valves
01-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Sounds like a blast guys. Good luck Alan, go drive the sh*t out of it and enjoy the newfound technology! Especially with that "too small" housing! ;)

BadAssPerformance
01-09-2009, 04:59 AM
Yay free wireless at the host hotel! :D

The event is a blast so far... fun cruise from Vegas today, some parking garage wrenching, I think all the Shelby Dodges are ready to go tomorrow! :thumb:

blk86trbo
01-09-2009, 06:41 AM
Awesome, glad to hear you guys made it there ok...have a good time and take lots of pictures!

Captain Chaos
01-09-2009, 09:14 AM
JJ and Victor

:amen: ;)

Captain Chaos
01-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Sounds like a blast guys. Good luck Alan, go drive the sh*t out of it and enjoy the newfound technology! Especially with that "too small" housing! ;)

Hey Aaron, next year drive through Jacksonville and we'll ride out there! Come early and bring your drivetrain, we can trow it in the S car so we "fit" in.:eyebrows:

BadAssPerformance
01-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Awesome, glad to hear you guys made it there ok...have a good time and take lots of pictures!

Thanks, and we're taking tons of pictures! :thumb:

2.216VTurbo
01-09-2009, 11:42 PM

Yep, it was *real impressive* at 6PSI boost today:rolleyes: Not sure what the issue is but it's just dumping fuel into the motor at anything above 6. Dropped the FP to like 30 initial, itdidn't like that:( Tried all the tricks, swapping ECU's, FPR's, Map sensors... Dont know what els to try. By the final laps I figured out it would run strong as long as it didn't get more than 1/4 throttle:o External gate has a 12pound spring in it so cant go any lower on boost unless the Home Depot on the way to the track has something that will fit in there. On the trip out I went 110 miles to the fuel stop and used 9 gsllons of gas. Everyone who followed said something like, "your car runs kinda rich":o It feels like the injectors just go to full duty cycle when the map sees anything more than 6psi. Sigh, it was faster with the little turbo...

Tinme to go eat and DRINK:partywoot:

8valves
01-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Yep, it was *real impressive* at 6PSI boost today:rolleyes: Not sure what the issue is but it's just dumping fuel into the motor at anything above 6. Dropped the FP to like 30 initial, itdidn't like that:( Tried all the tricks, swapping ECU's, FPR's, Map sensors... Dont know what els to try. By the final laps I figured out it would run strong as long as it didn't get more than 1/4 throttle:o External gate has a 12pound spring in it so cant go any lower on boost unless the Home Depot on the way to the track has something that will fit in there. On the trip out I went 110 miles to the fuel stop and used 9 gsllons of gas. Everyone who followed said something like, "your car runs kinda rich":o It feels like the injectors just go to full duty cycle when the map sees anything more than 6psi. Sigh, it was faster with the little turbo...

Tinme to go eat and DRINK:partywoot:

Sadly enough it's more than likely that three days after the event you'll figure out it was a simple little issue that will make it run like a champ again. It always happens like that to me at least!

BadAssPerformance
01-14-2009, 12:27 AM
speeddemon (Craig a.k.a. Victor) and me (JT a.k.a. JJ) drove round trip to the Shelby Bash this year. Craig picked me up and dropped me off in Chicago on his way from and back to Windsor Ontario... For the 95% of the trip I was on, I took a pic any time we stopped for gas, food, etc and a couple other random pics thrown in... enjoy!

Cruise out,

Chicago to LA

35h 2m from start picture to end picture

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/05ja09_1620.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/05JA09_1837-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/05ja09_1958.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/05ja09_2005.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/05ja09_2319.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_0223.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_0511.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_0613.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_0800-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_0800-2.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_0903.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_0903-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_0903-2.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_0928-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1129-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1212.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1221.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1328-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1328-2.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1328-3.jpg

BadAssPerformance
01-14-2009, 12:28 AM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1439-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1457-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1457-2.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1501-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1501-2.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1501-3.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1501-4.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1501-5.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1501-6.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1527.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1853.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_1913.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/06ja09_2248.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/07ja09_0206.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/07ja09_0212.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/07ja09_0322.jpg

BadAssPerformance
01-14-2009, 12:41 AM
Vegas to Chicago

29h 2m from start picture to end picture :D

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_1431.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_1513.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_1542-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_1553-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_1555.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_1555-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_1555-2.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_1555-3.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_1555-4.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_1555-5.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_1758.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_1758-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_2054.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_2054-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_2054-2.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_2103.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/11ja09_2142.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_0106.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_0128.jpg

BadAssPerformance
01-14-2009, 12:42 AM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_0349.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_0656.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_0704-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_0704-2.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_0727-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_0949.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_0949-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_0949-2.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_1204.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_1209.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_1425.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_1431-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_1431-2.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_1528.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_1839.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_1839-1.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_1839-2.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_1839-3.jpg
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_1933.jpg

2.216VTurbo
01-14-2009, 01:21 AM
Awesome roadtrip pics JT. I don't know why but I love some of those night gas station shots:hail: Especially this one

CoolV300C
01-14-2009, 07:59 AM
Didn't know there were that many gas stations in the US. :nod:

Looks like a fun trip - like the Nitro.

30 PSI SHADOW
01-14-2009, 11:11 AM
HOLLY FILLUPS!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bill Baker

speeddemon
01-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Didn't know there were that many gas stations in the US. :nod:

Looks like a fun trip - like the Nitro.

Gas gauges are very accurate on Nitros. There aren't as many as we needed as we dipped into the five gallon reserve jug on the way back.

speeddemon
01-14-2009, 12:11 PM
HOLLY FILLUPS!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bill Baker

It was cheaper than flying and renting a car (that was suitable for the track events - therefore a mustang).

johnl
01-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Great pics.

Did you take the Hoover Dam tour? Or, was it straight through, no stops? Did you even stop to sit down inside a restaurant? How's the "regularity?"

2.216VTurbo
01-14-2009, 12:46 PM
It was cheaper than flying and renting a car (that was suitable for the track events - therefore a mustang).

:amen:To that. The 300C at 17 cost me over $1000. with tires and nitrous fill ups. Even without having to buy tires for the Caddy Northstar at 18 it was over $600. to race it:confused: That's not including flight/travel costs...

BadAssPerformance
01-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Gas gauges are very accurate on Nitros. There aren't as many as we needed as we dipped into the five gallon reserve jug on the way back.

Yep, this was a fuel jug stop...

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/833/medium/12ja09_0106.jpg

BadAssPerformance
01-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Great pics.

Did you take the Hoover Dam tour? Or, was it straight through, no stops? Did you even stop to sit down inside a restaurant? How's the "regularity?"

Hoover dam... I got out and ran across the dam taking a few pics of the rig on the way. Damn, I'm out of shape, LOL... but still had a second to chat briefly with a girl as I took the pic looking down the dam :D

We ate inside every restaurant but the last McD's stop... Regularity? LOL... Nature made us stop at the stop after the "closed but still selling gas station"

We had a leisurely pace out for the most part, but trying to get ahead of the storm we had to 'shake and bake' a little :)

BadAssPerformance
01-14-2009, 01:10 PM
:amen:To that. The 300C at 17 cost me over $1000. with tires and nitrous fill ups. Even without having to buy tires for the Caddy Northstar at 18 it was over $600. to race it:confused: That's not including flight/travel costs...

Yeah, last year the GT350H rental was a "G" not including fuel for it or flights :(