PDA

View Full Version : 1st time....

85_600
04-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Posting as a "Contributing Member" :eyebrows:

Now, on to my question: How long does it take to drain a A-413 tranny? Since I'm doing a piston repair in the near future AND doing a T2 conversion, I'd like to take the time to drain it, up the line pressure and adjust the bands, then fill it back up with "hopefully" Mobil One, if they make it for the 413.

Thanks! :)
Paul

turboshadow
04-04-2006, 09:16 PM
There is not a real way to drain it becaust a413 doenst have a drain plug. So i guess it depends on the hole you poke in the pan:yuck: Or just take loose a corner of it and drain it out of that.

85_600
04-04-2006, 09:20 PM
There is not a real way to drain it becaust a413 doenst have a drain plug. So i guess it depends on the hole you poke in the pan:yuck: Or just take loose a corner of it and drain it out of that.

:confused: I thought to drain these "drain plugless" trannies was to pull the pan and just let it flow out..Not the case? I know to watch out when pulling the pan off but there is no other way to drain it?

dwh4784
04-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Yeah that's how you do it, it doesn't take very long but it's kinda messy. You won't get all the fluid out like this though. I dunno about mobil 1 ATF but lots of people(including me) use Ford Type-F fluid for firmer shifts.

turbovanmanČ
04-04-2006, 11:33 PM
You need a big pan, remove all the bolts except 2 closest to the front, it will be draining now. Slowly loosen the last two and the pan will start to move down. Let it stop draining and remove pan. DON'T turn upside down but lower it down and look for crap in the bottom, if no large chunks, then cut open the filter. If clean, adjust bands, turn up line pressure and refill. Yes, Mobil one makes Syn Dex, good stuff.