PDA

View Full Version : Pt Gt clutch questions

bill2
12-30-2008, 05:26 PM
I recently sold my srt4 and picked up a pt gt. The clutch in the pt is going to need to be replaced in the near future.

I have two questions:

First, all the reading I've been doing indicates this should be a non modular clutch, but some of the clutch listings include a modular listing in addition to a non-modular listing.

Second, can anyone recommend a clutch that will hold up to stage1/exhaust/wga power levels? I'd like to find something that won't break the bank.

SoCalCSX
12-31-2008, 01:53 AM
I've got an autostick so havn't done much research on that but I would suggest checking out ptcrew.com. Plenty of good info there......

bill2
12-31-2008, 07:33 AM
I've looked at a few posts over there and everything I've found indicates it has a dual mass flywheel, non modular clutch setup. I guess what was confusing me was the listed aftermarket option for a modular setup, maybe a modular can be installed replacing the dual mass flywheel? (I'll pass on that!)

Still wondering if a sachs replacement like this one would hold up to mild mods:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400016294916&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

I'd really rather not spend $500+ on a clutch if an oem (ish) clutch would work. I have noticed that quite a few manual pt gt' s are mildly upgraded still on the stock clutch ($430-ish from the dealer with t.o. bearing).