PDA

View Full Version : "Today's Posts" link.

Tony Hanna
12-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Is there any way we could get the Today's Posts link back on the main navigation bar? Maybe move the Log Out link to the Navigation or Quick Links menu to make room for it? It's not a big deal, but I use it so frequently that it seems a little weird not being up there.:)

Turbodave
12-29-2008, 08:25 PM
It was thought to be redundant with the "new posts" link and was removed to make a link to the knowledge center easier to find.

I never used it, but if there are people that can't get by without it post up and we'll see if removing it was a bad idea.

We were really looking for a way to make it easier to get to the knowledge center and promote that.

butchsuppe
12-29-2008, 09:43 PM
I used today's Post alot, lately many of my post don't show up under the New Post screen. If I'm interested in others opinion they don't see my post and can't reply.

omni_840
12-29-2008, 09:48 PM
I always used the today's post. What was the difference?

BadAssPerformance
12-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Have you guys tried "My Threads" ?

I don't use either of those, I just have the auto-subscribe turned on (with No-email notification cuz thats annoying, LOL!) and then select "Subscribed Threads" under "Quick Links" ... works better than anything to see what threads you have posted in are current! :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
12-29-2008, 09:51 PM
I always used the today's post. What was the difference?

"My Threads" and "Today's Posts" are almost identical (I cannot say what was different as I never used either regularly) as Dave said, we needed room to add the "Knowledge Center" to the menu bar... and if enough interest, I'm sure we can add it back, does anyone use "My Threads" ?

Murphy
12-29-2008, 09:52 PM
you can get to your subscribed threads by clicking the Welcome where it says Welcome, Username. i always just use new posts and subscribed

omni_840
12-29-2008, 09:56 PM
"My Threads" and "Today's Posts" are almost identical (I cannot say what was different as I never used either regularly) as Dave said, we needed room to add the "Knowledge Center" to the menu bar... and if enough interest, I'm sure we can add it back, does anyone use "My Threads" ?

I'm not sure either, lol

Example, after I posted in this tread I clicked the new post link and my post wasn't at the top, but if I clicked the today's post link my post would normally be at the top (unless a lot of others are posting at the same time). It's not a huge deal to me but I did notice when it was gone:D

Tony Hanna
12-29-2008, 10:08 PM

I use "My Threads" and "Today's Posts" pretty much exclusively. "My Threads" shows only the threads you've posted in (subscribed to?) and "Today's Posts" shows everything.

"Today's Posts" and "New Posts" are really similar except that once you've read a thread, it will disappear from "New Posts" until it's posted in again. Threads that have already been read remain in "Today's Posts" but are no longer highlighted. I guess I like being able to see the thread titles that I've already read as well as the ones I haven't yet.:)

BadAssPerformance
12-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Gotcha. good explanation of the differences. So, is My Threads similar to anything?

Murphy
12-29-2008, 11:08 PM
My Threads seems to be like subscribed threads, but it also shows threads without new posts

that is if you auto subscribe....other wise then its jsut a list of all the threads you have posted in

Tony Hanna
12-30-2008, 07:24 AM
What Murphy said.:)

I've got the auto subscribe feature turned on and e-mail notifications turned off, so I'll usually check "My Threads" as soon as I log on so I can check the threads that I've posted in to see if they have new posts. After that it's "Today's Posts" so I can check out what's been going on since I was here last.

turbovanmanČ
12-30-2008, 03:41 PM
I use User CP, new posts and my threads, which are all different things.