PDA

View Full Version : What's next for me?

3Bar_Mopar
04-03-2006, 07:35 PM
So far I have a stock 2.5 T1 automatic with a larger turbo "T2 sized" with a ported compressor housing.

The car is still non-intercooled for now. I have the Mishimoto still in the box.

I'm wanting to run around 20 pounds of boost.

I've been thinking my next purchases should be either/or:

a.) +20%'s
b.) AFPR
c.) alcohol injection
d.) Walbro 255 pump
e.) Tougher A-413 trans

What are the most important and should be added in what order?
Am I in any real danger of destroying a stock A-413 trans assuming it's in perfect condition with power capable from the above mods?

Also....I swapped heads from my '89 turbo van to my '90 Daytona. I had to swap the wiring harness for the injectors, but I didn't not swap injectors.
The van used to take a while of cranking before it would start, but it did start every time. When I swapped heads, the same thing started with my Daytona. Also...the car will start and run beautifully for about 2 minutes, then occasionally pop and run rough...sometimes die. Once I put in into gear and drive around, the problem goes away and it runs great with no problems....even while idling in park.

The A/F gauge shows a dip to lean when it pops in idle. Under heavy throttle, the A/F shows full rich as before though...
Think they injectors could be the problem?? I'm gonna swap rails this weekend.

Force Fed Mopar
04-03-2006, 08:55 PM
1) Walbro 255
2) AFPR
3) +20's
4)Alky injection

Trans is probably fine, they're pretty tough. Same basic TorqueFlite design as the old rwd trannies.

Sounds like either injectors or maybe a bad fpr on the Daytona.

10G OMNI
04-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Alky
AFPR
You wont even need the other two than.

turboshadow
04-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Dont waste time on 20% just go with the the 40%

3Bar_Mopar
04-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Dont waste time on 20% just go with the the 40%

Won't I be too rich without a 3 bar cal?

3Bar_Mopar
04-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Alky
AFPR

That's almost kinda what I'm thinking.

3Bar_Mopar
04-04-2006, 12:30 AM
1) Walbro 255
2) AFPR
3) +20's
4)Alky injection

Trans is probably fine, they're pretty tough. Same basic TorqueFlite design as the old rwd trannies.

Sounds like either injectors or maybe a bad fpr on the Daytona.

1. Cool!:thumb:

2. That's a load off. I have a spare if anything happens to this one. The spare is much tighter and newly rebuilt, so if this one takes a crap...

3. I was thinking that too....I am going to swap rails and injectors this weekend.

turboshadow
04-04-2006, 10:28 AM
You might want to get a beefier torque converter . The stock one may start to ballon in a heavy daytona with that kind of power it hapend in my dads wagon when he was running low 14s. The remain units from mopar for a turbo mini van is the one to get:thumb:

Murphy
04-04-2006, 02:31 PM
i would just swap in +40's, AFPR, Walbro 255 and tune it good
You dont need alky injection fpor 20psi do ya?
maybe try running fuel injection cleaner thru there and powerfoaming it to clean everything out and check for codes

3Bar_Mopar
04-04-2006, 07:12 PM
i would just swap in +40's, AFPR, Walbro 255 and tune it good
You dont need alky injection fpor 20psi do ya?
maybe try running fuel injection cleaner thru there and powerfoaming it to clean everything out and check for codes

Well....I like the kinda insurance the alky gives you.....maybe I get pissed and crank the boost to 25+ pounds because someone has beaten me? Alky would allow that without grenading the engine.

I'll probably sea foam it first and see what happens....then run some Marvel Mystery Oil.

3Bar_Mopar
04-04-2006, 07:15 PM
You might want to get a beefier torque converter . The stock one may start to ballon in a heavy daytona with that kind of power it hapend in my dads wagon when he was running low 14s. The remain units from mopar for a turbo mini van is the one to get:thumb:

Great advise! Thanks!

I have a fairly newly rebuilt trans from a LeBaron that was originally from a turbo minivan....and I also have the torque converter from my '89 turbo mini.

Dave
04-05-2006, 08:29 AM
You wont need alky... that intercooler is above fine for the job.

Get the 40's, you can always turn the base pressure down. Plus the 20's run out "usually" around 18-20psi anyways.

Your tranny will be fine, just be careful, don't do too many burnouts. I'd atleast add a RMVB and crank the line pressure up to be safe.

Speedeuphoria
04-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Alky
AFPR
+1
this will give you all the fuel you need and the idle will be good, just have it turn alky on at like 15psi(progressive is best) Or when the injectors are about to run out and you probably wouldn't need an intercooler either but I would