PDA

View Full Version : Only 5 psi

CDNTurboZ
04-03-2006, 02:11 PM
I am only getting 5 psi right now on my 86 shelby charger (2.2 TI log/a525)
I have checked all the solenoids, and it has all new vacuum line everywhere, etc
The only code I am getting is a 17 (I don't think thats the problem)

what could I be missing?
I should at least get 9psi, the car has a mp computer that is calibrated to run 11psi....

The only thing I can think of is in the wiring diagram I noticed there is a "orifice" in the wastegate line, is that what I need??

also on the wastegate solenoid ,(on the passenger side of the enginie bay)the vacuum source plugs into the top of the solenoid, and the line that goes to the wastegate goes to the one kinda at the front of the solenoid correct?

thanks
steve

mark
04-03-2006, 07:29 PM
how is the timing belt. IIRC years ago mine jumped a tooth. I could be wrong but its something simple to check.

Ondonti
04-05-2006, 02:34 AM
5 psi traps over 100mph ;)

Dave
04-05-2006, 08:26 AM
5 psi traps over 100mph ;)

At ONLY 13.9... pff c'mon Woman!!

Anyways, I'd just get a g-valve and set up your own vaccum lines. Eliminates the problem altogether. Run one line from the wastegate solenoid to the g-valve, from there go to the intake manifold.

Solves your problems, and spools up faster.

cordes
04-10-2006, 05:12 PM
At ONLY 13.9... pff c'mon Woman!!

Anyways, I'd just get a g-valve and set up your own vaccum lines. Eliminates the problem altogether. Run one line from the wastegate solenoid Waste gate actuator to the g-valve, from there go to the intake manifold.

Solves your problems, and spools up faster.

Fixed it for you.