PDA

View Full Version : Lunch is served

unluckyty
04-03-2006, 12:46 PM
First time at the track this year for the Shadow. Went to Dragway 42,( saw Chuck, Dave, And Bruce)

Now for the lunch part, last pass of the day my car decided it was hungry and ate piston #4. Almost broke it in half.:mad:

Oh well, I spend more time working on the car then driving it, why change now:D

Best was 2.0 60 ft 13.40@101

On to fixing the cars, piston for shadow, water pump for wife grand prix etc...

Greg

Bardo
04-03-2006, 01:19 PM
nice run:thumb:

BIG PSI
04-03-2006, 02:06 PM
First time at the track this year for the Shadow. Went to Dragway 42,( saw Chuck, Dave, And Bruce)

Now for the lunch part, last pass of the day my car decided it was hungry and ate piston #4. Almost broke it in half.:mad:

Oh well, I spend more time working on the car then driving it, why change now:D

Best was 2.0 60 ft 13.40@101

On to fixing the cars, piston for shadow, water pump for wife grand prix etc...

Greg

Dang Greg, I had no idea that you toasted the motor. If you needed any help you should have flagged us down. Do you need help taking in apart ??
Let me know.........

Chuck

:p

unluckyty
04-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Thanks Chuck. Last run when it blew, I turned right at the end of the quarter, and right to the dolly and loaded it up. Tore into it when I got home, hour or so later had the cracked piston out( i have done it too many times, getting easier every time)

Made a last minute change and boom, oh well.

Later, Greg

BIG PSI
04-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Thanks Chuck. Last run when it blew, I turned right at the end of the quarter, and right to the dolly and loaded it up. Tore into it when I got home, hour or so later had the cracked piston out( i have done it too many times, getting easier every time)

Made a last minute change and boom, oh well.

Later, Greg

Glad you got it apart ok. Sorry that happened to you. Just don't do that again.

Chuck

Dave
04-03-2006, 11:16 PM
What happened??

I really think you got some bug in your fuel. You remember I was running 16psi on stock fuel, and mine are fine, never had any detonation.

You did good though! Take it to QCR with us this weekend and really heat them slicks instead of just dry, cut a 1.8 s/t and go low 13's. :nod:

unluckyty
04-04-2006, 06:31 AM
Keep everything the same, but on the last run switched computers. Hard to hear detonation with the dump open. All three other pistons are fine.

I think you right on the fuel issue, I should have plenty though (255lpm,+40's, afpr,new lines from tank)

This motor is giving me a rash compared to my daytona, as far as running the same boost levels.

Your car is running really well, Dave.

Greg

Dave
04-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Keep everything the same, but on the last run switched computers. Hard to hear detonation with the dump open. All three other pistons are fine.

I think you right on the fuel issue, I should have plenty though (255lpm,+40's, afpr,new lines from tank)

This motor is giving me a rash compared to my daytona, as far as running the same boost levels.

Your car is running really well, Dave.

Greg

Thanks Greg. But some motors are just problematic. I'd go through my ENTIRE fuel system. Maybe hook up a scanner to it? Al has one ("5spd mini" on here) as does Christian Grest ("Bubba").

Bubba
04-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Sorry to hear your problems. I've been extremely lucky with not breaking any pistons. Ran 24-25psi on cast 2.5 pistons, with race gas of course on my last motor. It's funny, now I got a fully built motor with forged pistons etc... and am having all sorts of tuning issues and won't take the boost over 12psi because of this.

Keito
04-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Sorry to hear that Greg.
I guess I didn't even know you had a Shadow.
You guys need to let me know when you head down there, maybe I'll
make a guest appearence.
Hopefully by the end of May I'll have the MVB in the Omni
and can make a few 12.xx passes. Hopefully.
If not I'll bring down the SRT and shake it down.

Keith

BIG PSI
04-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Sorry to hear that Greg.
make a guest appearence.

Keith

Keith we are going to be racing at Quaker City Dragsrtip this Sunday. Gates open at 10:00 am. Looking forward to meeting you. Bryan will be there in his silver Spirit ES racing on slicks and my older son, Andy will be racing the 06 Charger.

Chuck

Dave
04-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Sorry to hear that Greg.
make a guest appearence.

Keith

Bring on the SRT 4's.:evil:

Keito
04-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Bring on the SRT 4's.:evil:

Um, OK.

unluckyty
04-06-2006, 07:55 AM
I don't think I'll have it back together by this weekend, with work and other obligations, goood luck at Quaker though.

Bubba, thanks. I have cracked three pistons, all different (2,3,4) since I have had this car,but this last one #4 was severe.

Keith, we will have to all get there on the same date. Your omni is pretty close to running 12's now?

I hope to get a 12.9 in the shadow, with a stock turbo.

Greg

Keito
04-06-2006, 05:05 PM
I don't think I'll have it back together by this weekend, with work and other obligations, goood luck at Quaker though.

Bubba, thanks. I have cracked three pistons, all different (2,3,4) since I have had this car,but this last one #4 was severe.

Keith, we will have to all get there on the same date. Your omni is pretty close to running 12's now?

I hope to get a 12.9 in the shadow, with a stock turbo.

Greg

I would love to see 2 Turbo Mopar's running 12's at 42.
The last time out in the Omni I went 13.18@95
I boosted to 20 psi on the stock MAP sensor and it cut out about
100 ft from the end of the track.(that explains the 95mph)
I'm pretty sure it was a 12 sec pass.
The car actually runs when you advance the cam 4 degrees like your supposed to.(roller cam with a square tooth sprocket)
I should have it out twards the end of May
May 5th through the 20th I'll be in China.

BIG PSI
04-06-2006, 06:12 PM
I would love to see 2 Turbo Mopar's running 12's at 42.
The last time out in the Omni I went 13.18@95
I boosted to 20 psi on the stock MAP sensor and it cut out about
100 ft from the end of the track.(that explains the 95mph)
I'm pretty sure it was a 12 sec pass.
The car actually runs when you advance the cam 4 degrees like your supposed to.(roller cam with a square tooth sprocket)
I should have it out twards the end of May
May 5th through the 20th I'll be in China.

Let me know when you are guys are going, because I would like to go as well.

Thanks
Chuck

jckrieger
04-06-2006, 10:11 PM
How long have you used those +40's? I used to break the #1 piston on my old Daytona (did it 3 times) and then decided to switch the #1 injector to the #3 position. Guess what happened to #3 shortly after? I replaced the injector after melting the #3 and haven't had a single piston issue since.

unluckyty
04-08-2006, 05:24 AM
I have had the 40's since last summer, and I have cracked other pistons(1,2,3)I forgot about #1 that was the first to go. I am going to go over the whole fuel system, although all new.

Thanks guys

Greg

unluckyty
04-08-2006, 05:25 AM
Will do Chuck

Greg