PDA

View Full Version : Best source for TBI axles?

altered7151
04-03-2006, 10:34 AM
What have you guys found to be the best source for L-body TBI axles? I'm not sure if I should get stock units for the wrecking yard, and rebuild them the best I can, or if anyone has found that axles from NAPA or something work better.

cordes
04-03-2006, 12:12 PM
I picked mine up from autozone, as you don't have to save the recipit for the warranty, and they usually have girls working there that wont know an axle if it hit them in the face, so cashing in on the warranty would be easy.

WVRampage
04-03-2006, 12:41 PM
I use advance and there warranty is the saem as autozone nomater how tore up they are they give you another one and your on your way.

altered7151
04-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Never really considered the warranty, that would make the extra price worth it. Any issues of the autozone axles over the stock units? Although I figured the autozone axles were just rebuilt stockers.

cordes
04-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Never really considered the warranty, that would make the extra price worth it. Any issues of the autozone axles over the stock units? Although I figured the autozone axles were just rebuilt stockers.

I have had them in my omni and shadow for a while now, although the omni has not been beat on with them in there yet, the shadow sure has.

SpoolinGLH
04-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Personally I think Autozone axles are junk....Your lucky if you get the "right" axle in the box. And Ive always had issues with there boots not having enough cleareance... Brand new axles and the boots rubbing on something which inturn causes a hole....

I would eithier go to the junk yard and rebuild one yourself or napa seems to have good quality stuff....

Keito
04-03-2006, 02:50 PM
I've had Autozone axels in my race car for 3 years now.
With the warrenty, I think of it like a sponsership.:)

WVRampage
04-10-2006, 11:25 PM
I have had the ones from advance for about 2 years now it has been beat on and they have held up fine for now i think the price was like 70 bucks a peice or somthing of that nature.