PDA

View Full Version : blown A555???

Motorbreath
04-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Okay so almost a year ago I was driving my shelby daytona on the free way and it just poped out of 5th. I( thought it was werid but shifted back and continued on my way. It happened about 2-3 more times and I started to worry about it. At this time I am at my exit and after hauling arout the nice sweeper i gear down into 4th to slow down for traffic. At this time I hear what sound like the trany is trying to eat its self. Every gear but 5th sounds like this but they all work. the next day i change the trany and forget about
it.
So tonight I pull apart the trany thinking I will get to see all this cool carnage and to my surprize nothing. It looks brand new. so after scraching my head I tear in and pull all the gears completely apart thinking it must be something I cant see. But again it looks new. I did check the diff pin but not pull it apart.

Is there something I missing?

It was an absolutly horrifing sound people were looking at me it was so loud.

Btw what is a brand and p/n for the snapring plyers that remove the ring with just a taper. they angered me .
Thanks Jason
And sorry for the long post.

tryingbe
04-03-2006, 10:03 AM
No metal shaving at all?

When my A555's bearing went, it caused no damaged to the gears, but it had a lot of bearing metal shaving inside the case and in the fluid...

Motorbreath
04-03-2006, 02:58 PM
no shavings and I checked all of the bearings and they are fine, but i will replace them. thanks for the input im so puzzled i want my 4.5 hours back from changing the trans.

turbovanmanČ
04-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Sounds like a shift fork is bent, or the little pads or worn down.

Motorbreath
04-04-2006, 02:03 AM
the pads are worn a bit but I did not think that was the problem. but now it might just of been the forks. I just cant find anything wrong with it. Has anybody else had a problem resembling this one with a worn shift fork?
Any input would be helpfull
thanks JAson