PDA

View Full Version : FREE DRINKS! Minneapolis area 12/15-12/18

2.216VTurbo
12-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Since the weather is sunny and in the 70's here in SoCal, my company has decread that I go to Minneapolis to do some new product training. Heck, I dont even have a heavy coat other than my Snowboard stuff:o Heading to Burlington Coat Factory today to gear up for the trip...

So If there are any folks in the Minneapolis area (hotel is Sheraton Bloomington and I won't have a car:o) that want to get together for all the free drinks (Mmm, expense account:love:) they can handle and still legally drive home:p post up and we'll put something together:thumb: I hear the northern Northwest folks can really put away some libations, if that sounds like a challenge, it is:partywoot:

BadAssPerformance
12-14-2008, 02:27 PM
It's always a good time when Alan comes to town :clap:

TopDollar69
12-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Most of the Minnesota guys are on turbododge.com still, but send Jim an email jgaikowski@grenergy.com. He is the President of MNSDAC, and is usually down to party.

MNmopar
12-14-2008, 06:54 PM
You're going to enjoy the weather... it's 4 degrees here and snowing like a son of a gun. (whatever the hell that means, I just noticed that after typing it, where did that saying come from??)

Anway, layer up my friend, layer up.

If I wasn't 2 hours away I'd join you, but that's a little far to go in a snow storm...:(

2.216VTurbo
12-14-2008, 06:58 PM
It's always a good time when Alan comes to town :clap:

Uh, JT means that in a completly Hetero way:bolt:

Thanks for the tip TopDollar I'll shoot him an email, wonder why the Northwest guys refuse to come into the light:confused2: TurboDodge was a great site, three years ago:D

BTW, dont let anyone say the Chi town boys can drink, what'd we get 5-6 pitchers and they were spent:p...

BadAssPerformance
12-14-2008, 08:55 PM
LOL, yeah hetero, not gazer! ... and we were being polite :D

black86glhs
12-14-2008, 09:33 PM
JT....you need to go up there and prove Alan wrong!!! :yuck:

Then you can go up to his room afterwards!!:wow1:

BadAssPerformance
12-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Whoa, back the truck up! :eek:

drinking = ok

go to room with dude = not ok

ok?

besides, Alan's not my type, LOL ;)

black86glhs
12-14-2008, 09:46 PM
I just meant to talk shop. I "never" implied your in the same league as Frank.

:lol::lol::lol:

Just raggin on ya!:eyebrows:

2.216VTurbo
12-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Whoa, back the truck up! :eek:

drinking = ok

go to room with dude = not ok

ok?

besides, Alan's not my type, LOL ;)

Man, rejection hurts even when the attention was unwanted:o

Waiting for my plane, is it OK to drink at 9 in the morning? There are plenty of drunks in the airport bar already... I must be keeping full blown alcoholism in check, I don't even want a drink at this hour:yuck: Now maybe if my flight was at noon;)... Hope the MNSDAC guys get back to me or I'll be drinking in the hotel bar alone tonight:mecry:

GLHS069
12-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Not all of us hang out on TD. This is the place to hang out!!!
What nights are you going to be free?
You know we can drink, we're part of Canada, ya know? We have nothing else to do in the winter besides drink and play hockey.

anokabball24
12-15-2008, 01:44 PM
God damn it's cold today. I may be down to meet up somewhere. I'll try and gather up some souls!

black86glhs
12-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Man, rejection hurts even when the attention was unwanted:o

Waiting for my plane, is it OK to drink at 9 in the morning? There are plenty of drunks in the airport bar already... I must be keeping full blown alcoholism in check, I don't even want a drink at this hour:yuck: Now maybe if my flight was at noon;)... Hope the MNSDAC guys get back to me or I'll be drinking in the hotel bar alone tonight:mecry:You'll find someone to gaze at, don't worry.:p

Lugert
12-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Wish I would have known earlier, and you may know I can put down some serious refreshments.

The night is still young, who knows.

Bloomington is a bit of a drive for us.

Use that expense account and rent a car!

2.216VTurbo
12-15-2008, 09:12 PM
So far only Todd Nelson is braving the elements for some drinks, although he admitted his place is only 4-5 miles from here;) He is on his way over now. There is a TGI Fridays in the adjacent lot to the Sheraton:partywoot: Wonder what time they close...Eiker, how far are you from Bloomington? And WTF do you mean not everyone hangs out here:confused:? Don't even tell me you guys are still over at that weak a$$ TD.com site. I may have to rescind my free drink offer:D I dont know my Tuesday Wednesday schedule yet, wait scratch that, just opening the top secret dossier they handed me when I checked in:D Looks like I am done by 7:30 on Tuesday and 6:30 on Wednesday. Which night works better you guys?

GLHS069
12-15-2008, 09:18 PM
no, what i was saying is that not everyone in MN hangs out on TD only. I don't much like TD either. I'm all about T-M. I'm only like 15 minutes away if that. Tuesday night I'm busy, wednedsay open. how late do you stay on wed.?

So far only Todd Nelson is braving the elements for some drinks, although he admitted his place is only 4-5 miles from here;) He is on his way over now. There is a TGI Fridays in the adjacent lot to the Sheraton:partywoot: Wonder what time they close...Eiker, how far are you from Bloomington? And WTF do you mean not everyone hangs out here:confused:? Don't even tell me you guys are still over at that weak a$$ TD.com site. I may have to rescind my free drink offer:D I dont know my Tuesday Wednesday schedule yet, wait scratch that, just opening the top secret dossier they handed me when I checked in:D Looks like I am done by 7:30 on Tuesday and 6:30 on Wednesday. Which night works better you guys?

2.216VTurbo
12-15-2008, 09:24 PM
no, what i was saying is that not everyone in MN hangs out on TD only. I don't much like TD either. I'm all about T-M. I'm only like 15 minutes away if that. Tuesday night I'm busy, wednedsay open. how late do you stay on wed.?

Thursday pm flight so rally the gang for Wednesday and i'll see if we can max out a credit card or two of mine:thumb: Betcha you and the MNSDAC gang can't do it:fencing:

BadAssPerformance
12-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Oh noes, drinking callout! :D

amoparx
12-16-2008, 04:24 AM
I may be able to make it Wednesday. I think Jim may also. I work til about 6pm and would be able to get there before 7.

Bob Doherty............ MNSDAC Website (http://amoparx.net/mnsdacpic/mnsdac.htm)
Coon Rapids, MN

'87 Shelby GLHS #784 (http://amoparx.net/mnsdacpic/april/glhs784b.JPG)
'87 Shelby GLHS #654 (http://amoparx.net/mnsdacpic/memberscars/bob/glhs654.htm)
'87 Horizon 2.2 5 speed 45,000 actual
'89 LeBaron GTC Convert TII (http://amoparx.net/mnsdacpic/memberscars/gtc/gtc.htm)
'94 Sundance 2.5 auto (http://amoparx.net/mnsdacpic/mar07/2007mar07b.JPG)
'68 AMX #5816
SDAC Member.expires 3/2009..MNSDAC Vice President

2.216VTurbo
12-16-2008, 08:15 AM
I may be able to make it Wednesday. I think Jim may also. I work til about 6pm and would be able to get there before 7.

Bob Doherty............ MNSDAC Website (http://amoparx.net/mnsdacpic/mnsdac.htm)
Coon Rapids, MN

'87 Shelby GLHS #784 (http://amoparx.net/mnsdacpic/april/glhs784b.JPG)
'87 Shelby GLHS #654 (http://amoparx.net/mnsdacpic/memberscars/bob/glhs654.htm)
'87 Horizon 2.2 5 speed 45,000 actual
'89 LeBaron GTC Convert TII (http://amoparx.net/mnsdacpic/memberscars/gtc/gtc.htm)
'94 Sundance 2.5 auto (http://amoparx.net/mnsdacpic/mar07/2007mar07b.JPG)
'68 AMX #5816
SDAC Member.expires 3/2009..MNSDAC Vice President

Perfect! I've seen your name for years (on SDML right?) Bob, it'd be nice to put a face to the name:) Come thirsty and drag along a designated driver if you're up for the challenge I've laid down:eyebrows:

Who else is up for the "TGI Fridays on Wednesday drinking and telling lies challenge"?:wave1: Nelson and I had a few too many and talked TC Masi's/16V stuff in the bar hotel bar last night till they threw us out:evil: Don't worry though, I can talk about 8V stuff too:D

Ugh, 6 am wake up this morning, I'm still on SoCal time and it's only 10 after 4 in my brain:yuck:

BTW Bob, I would say welcome to TM.com with your post count but your join date is practically before mine.:confused2: You've got some catching up to do;)...

layapatch
12-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi Alan

I think I can make it wednesday night as well as Justin should be able to make it. Maybe we can meet at Bob's house and take one car down there. Anyone else want to go with us from Coon Rapids?

Jim

2.216VTurbo
12-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah, guys, were definately doing Wednesday night, tonight we have a "Team Building exercise":rolleyes: Where we implant spine hardware into some dead bodies:yuck: RIght before dinner I might add:yuck::yuck:

black86glhs
12-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah, guys, were definately doing Wednesday night, tonight we have a "Team Building exercise":rolleyes: Where we implant spine hardware into some dead bodies:yuck: RIght before dinner I might add:yuck::yuck:I told you you will find someone to gaze at.:lol::lol:

layapatch
12-16-2008, 03:51 PM
I will give you a call tonight, do you happen to know the address for your hotel, I'm not in that area very much so I'll have to mapquest it.

Thanks
Jim

bradp
12-16-2008, 05:15 PM
I think he wants you to leave the key to your room at the front desk too:D

2.216VTurbo
12-16-2008, 06:59 PM
I will give you a call tonight, do you happen to know the address for your hotel, I'm not in that area very much so I'll have to mapquest it.

Thanks
Jim

I did put your # into my contacts Jim:thumb:

Hotel is Sheraton Bloomington 7800 Normandale Blved, Bloomington MN 55439

Wednesday night is gonna be fun, and no, I dont have any extra space in my room for anyone, so drink as much as you want, but have a plan to get home:p

amoparx
12-16-2008, 08:57 PM
BTW Bob, I would say welcome to TM.com with your post count but your join date is practically before mine. You've got some catching up to do...

I noticed that after I replied.:thumb: I can't believe I never posted here. I'm one of those guilty of using the "other" forum. I've been on SDML for about 10 years now. Although it's been a while since I posted there.
As for designated driver, I'm my own. I hope I can make it tomorrow. I just spent over 1 1/2 hours making a 35 minute drive because of an inch of snow. I hope tomorrow isn't this bad. I live on the north side of the cities and work on the western side. I'm not close from either direction.

2.216VTurbo
12-17-2008, 01:26 AM
I noticed that after I replied.:thumb: I can't believe I never posted here. I'm one of those guity of using the "other" forum. I've been on SDML for about 10 years now. Although it's been a while since I posted there.
As for designated driver, I'm my own. I hope I can make it tomorrow. I just spent over 1 1/2 hours making a 35 minute drive because of an inch of snow. I hope tomorrow isn't this bad. I live on the north side of the cities and work on the western side. I'm not close from either direction.

Well congrats on doubling your post count Bob:D I dunno, if you like waiting all day or maybe till the next to get feedback on your questions/input, SDML is a fine place to hang out:rolleyes: I hope you can see that TM.com is a much better way. No excuses, see you tomorrow around 7...

2.216VTurbo
12-17-2008, 01:30 AM
So if I didn't do a 'snow angel' or two while I was here, my kids wouldn't think I was 'the cool Dad' Here's the cool Dad freezing his a$$ off at 11 below in the Twin Cities. And after an all you can drink night on corporate's dime, my triple Grand Marnier snifter to take to the room:nod:

GLHS069
12-17-2008, 10:02 AM
So if I didn't do a 'snow angel' or two while I was here, my kids wouldn't think I was 'the cool Dad' Here's the cool Dad freezing his a$$ off at 11 below in the Twin Cities. And after an all you can drink night on corporate's dime, my triple Grand Marnier snifter to take to the room:nod:

who's taking your picture? did you get some chambermaid to "help" you out?

black86glhs
12-17-2008, 10:54 AM
who's taking your picture? did you get some chambermaid to "help" you out?Bar Wench!!!

layapatch
12-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Well it looks like Bob, Justin, myself and even Todd will see you tonight. You mentioned you got done with work at 6:30 today? We will see you at TGI Friday's at 6:45 if that works for you?

2.216VTurbo
12-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Sweet, that works for me:thumb: I'll txt you my # Jim:partywoot:

layapatch
12-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Bob gets off work at 5:30, so we are heading over to Justin's place to drop off his car so hopefully we will be there at 6:20 or even sooner than that.

I left you a voice mail with my cell phone number.

2.216VTurbo
12-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Arrghhh! I'm sitting thru our 'Office of ethics and compliance' legalspeak right now. I NEED DRINKS RIGHT NOW!!! Or maybe someone coupld just shoot me in the head...

BadAssPerformance
12-17-2008, 06:41 PM
LOL... BTW, nice snow angel there :thumb: and I cannot believe it hasn't been photochopped yet ;)

GLHS069
12-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Arrghhh! I'm sitting thru our 'Office of ethics and compliance' legalspeak right now. I NEED DRINKS RIGHT NOW!!! Or maybe someone coupld just shoot me in the head...

Do you not want me to come?

2.216VTurbo
12-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Do you not want me to come?

To shoot me or to drink with us? Why are you online, Are you coming???

gvare001
12-17-2008, 08:30 PM
I was supossed to have been in the area this weekend, things didn't work out. Hope you guys have a great time.

black86glhs
12-17-2008, 08:36 PM
LOL... BTW, nice snow angel there :thumb: and I cannot believe it hasn't been photochopped yet ;)Gazer adding service by JT!:thumb:

GLHS069
12-18-2008, 03:21 AM
Thanks again Alan, now go to bed!!!

2.216VTurbo
12-18-2008, 03:26 AM
Ahh yes, good Buffalo wings, good potato skins and maybe the best 'nachos' in the world. The nachos were served on a crispy half tortillia with beans, meat, cheese and Jalapino peppers on them. Mmm, tasty:clap:

It's true that the MN boys did have to drive home in sub zero weather with snow covered roads but C'MON guys! That's all you can drink:confused2: Chi-Town boys kicked your a$$es:p I guess since Bob was drinking Sprites (good man that Bob, I hope to be on the wagon someday myself-just not yet:eyebrows:) we should not count him in the drinking 'crew' but only 6 pitchers of Michelob Golden Light...

Good times though, lots of good stories (mostly by that Nelson guy, after he gets a few in him, he can TALK:nod:)

Here's me and the cold weather gang, then me and Eiker after we closed down the hotel bar two hours later:thumb:

EDIT: Wow, one pic is blurry, the other too dark:( I love this camera:o

Coming soon to a thread near here: Free drinks SLC area, Feb 7-10th. Stay tuned...

1986GLH
12-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Hey Alan,
Thanks again for the food and drinks last night.

Justin

Look I finally joined!

2.216VTurbo
12-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Hey Alan,
Thanks again for the food and drinks last night.

Justin

Look I finally joined!

HEY FRANK ARE YOU FOLLOWING?? Yet another 'convert' to TM.com coming from my arm twisting:amen:

Justin, next time I come out, I want to see at least one of your TM's running;)

amoparx
12-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Alan thanks for the food and "sprite" last night. It was nice to meet you.
If I had still been a drinker, I would have needed a designated driver. But then the T/S Dodges would have been long gone and maybe even me.
It was good seeing everyone else too. And I'll get the MNSDAC pictures up this weekend Steve. :D
Here's an unblurry picture from last night. I think the "photographer" was the reason for Alan's blurry picture. I'm only posting the one picture and not the picture of half the "photographers" face.

http://amoparx.net/1post/abjjtsb.JPG

layapatch
12-18-2008, 06:06 PM
I had a great time as well! Thanks Alan for getting together with us and flipping the bill! Good times!

I could have drank more beer if I had a DD but my hour drive home might have gotten a little harry with a couple more pitcher's.:D

Take care and we will see you at SDAC 20!:thumb:

2.216VTurbo
12-19-2008, 02:07 AM
Daaannng Bob, check you out:thumb: Supporting Member, cool avatar pic, tripled your post count already:hail: Nice. Your on the right track now, glad to see you here. Like I told you, I've been reading your stuff on SDML for years. There's no real substitute for 'old guy' experience;) Some of the young-uns around here may be better with the whiz-bang chip burning stuff, but when it comes to cutting the floors out of that GTC...

amoparx
12-19-2008, 02:23 AM
Daaannng Bob, check you out Supporting Member, cool avatar pic, tripled your post count already

Thanks Alan. But, I can't take credit for the avatar. My wife created it for a website birthday present about 4 years ago. I did color in the AMX though.:thumb:
She made it all blue, black and grey. I'm pretty sure the picture will pop up on this post. That makes 4! Don't worry, I don't do posting for the sake of numbers. (supporting member is pretty reasonable here and you get the extras)

layapatch
12-19-2008, 10:09 AM
I had to join as well!

amoparx
12-19-2008, 01:47 PM
I had to join as well!

Cool avatar Jim. OK, no pressure Justin :thumb: J/K.

TopDollar69
12-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Welcome guys. I'm not the pressuring type but, I am glad to see you've come to the better forum IMO.

omni_840
12-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Welcome guys. I'm not the pressuring type but, I am glad to see you've come to the better forum IMO.

+1 Welcome guys and enjoy your stay:D

2.216VTurbo
12-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey Frank, where's my cookie:D?

BadAssPerformance
12-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Nice work Alan :clap:

And more importantly, WELCOME NEW FOLKS! :thumb: