PDA

View Full Version : mmmMMMMmmm, intercooler

TurboMinivan
04-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Looky what I just picked up from my fabricator last night:

http://www.xmission.com/~dempsey/minivan2/trplcor2.jpg

At long last, my final upgrade is underway. The fun is about to begin. :thumb:

(BTW: the odd circle in the center is a sun reflection off the camera lens.)

-Dempsey

cordes
04-02-2006, 11:21 PM
That is a really nice looking tri core cooler. If you have some one that will do that for a reasonable price they are about unbeatable for the money.

turbomopar87
04-02-2006, 11:59 PM
looks nice:thumb:

just curious as two why you wouldnt want the in/outlets on the same side with the way our setups are?

turbovanmanČ
04-03-2006, 12:03 AM
Looks like the one I just installed, only larger, :thumb:

You get better cooling with the tanks set up like that, the air truly passes thru the whole core, not just part of it.

TurboMinivan
04-03-2006, 01:21 AM
If you have some one that will do that for a reasonable price they are about unbeatable for the money.

One stock cooler I got for free in a parts trade, one I paid around $30 bucks, the last I paid $50. I dropped them all off with my fabricator and let him have at it. A few days and $175 later, he handed me the item you see pictured.

The eagle eyed among you may have noticed there are no mounting brackets on it. Tomorrow morning I'm removing the T-Bird IC from the van, then dismantling the nose to test fit this new IC. Once I have exact measurements for mounting, he'll add the brackets for me as well. Then I'm bolting it in, attaching some hoses, and off I go. :eyebrows:

-Dempsey

Whorse
04-03-2006, 02:09 AM
Paint the whole unit black and you've got what looks like something a lot more expensive than it is. Might be a small market for that. Curious to see how you mount it.

cordes
04-03-2006, 12:05 PM
That thing is a deal and a half. IIRC Gary said that a 3 core was equivalent to a 8-900 dollar spearco at the time.