PDA

View Full Version : Weather Stripping Thread!

Frank
12-08-2008, 08:47 PM
I want to restore the weather stripping on my 87 CSX doors. Where do I require replacements?

BadAssPerformance
12-08-2008, 08:55 PM
+1... need a few cars worth :)

rich tideswell
12-08-2008, 09:10 PM
try these guys

http://www.metrommp.com/

135sohc
12-09-2008, 01:52 PM
try these guys

http://www.metrommp.com/

useless like the rest :(

I guess I can also join the list now
noticed today the rubber lip on my pass side rear beltline is starting to tear away from the base.

cordes
12-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Someone really needs to step up and make something for us. I know my omni needs some new stipping around the doors in the worst way.

bradp
12-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Has anyone called the guys at Metro? All they would need is a set of originals.

135sohc
12-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Someone really needs to step up and make something for us. I know my omni needs some new stipping around the doors in the worst way.

I'm not singling anyone out but too many here will spend all the money in the world on go fast parts but when it comes to stuff like this. Theres not a line of people opening their wallet to even consider putting forward the money to get repro's made.

rich tideswell
12-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Has anyone called the guys at Metro? All they would need is a set of originals.

plus one on that. its just a bulb shape. they probably have something close off a roll

135sohc
12-09-2008, 02:40 PM
plus one on that. its just a bulb shape. they probably have something close off a roll

autozone sells a press on bulb type weatherstripping from metro moulded. Its made for variouse GM products but might work for our cars. $30 last I checked

martin kolner
12-09-2008, 04:17 PM
4336974-5 R/L door opening weatherstrip 1987-94 P body 2 doors. Have a set perfect used: 45.00 each plus shipping. www.arizonaparts.com

karlak
12-09-2008, 04:47 PM
I think if it were availble it would sell. hint hint vendors

www.turbogod.com
12-10-2008, 01:04 PM

to get you by for now.. long time ago I got tired of the doors leaking on my omni so I searched and found some used seals on a 87 mustang that tightened up the seal where the door shut real nice! It has been years ago but I believe the mustang door seal is smashed the opposite way than how the omni does.. Cant remember.. This was a halfa$$ way to do it but VERY happy the door seals and shuts real nice now.. also waiting for someone to come out with some seals..

Currently looking for turn signal lights for the front of the omni.. looking for new.. have used just like some new ones.. :)

cordes
12-10-2008, 09:02 PM
to get you by for now.. long time ago I got tired of the doors leaking on my omni so I searched and found some used seals on a 87 mustang that tightened up the seal where the door shut real nice! It has been years ago but I believe the mustang door seal is smashed the opposite way than how the omni does.. Cant remember.. This was a halfa$$ way to do it but VERY happy the door seals and shuts real nice now.. also waiting for someone to come out with some seals..

Currently looking for turn signal lights for the front of the omni.. looking for new.. have used just like some new ones.. :)

Thanks, I will have to look at those.

damurray71
11-11-2009, 01:09 PM
My 86 turbo z needs t-top gaskets and passenger/driver window rubber too. Have tried Steel Rubber co, metrommp, originalauto, fwdperfomance, and a million others! Can anyone suggest a decent substitute? This is freakin' rediculous!

Captain Chaos
11-11-2009, 03:35 PM
My 86 turbo z needs t-top gaskets and passenger/driver window rubber too. Have tried Steel Rubber co, metrommp, originalauto, fwdperfomance, and a million others! Can anyone suggest a decent substitute? This is freakin' rediculous!

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=708