PDA

View Full Version : Ah HA - I just may have figured this out LOL! LOT'S of updates!

85_600
04-02-2006, 01:38 AM
In my other thread about removing the EGR and the implications that may have for my 600, I also stated that I was overwhelmed with the T2 wiring conversion of the AIS and TPS.

It has sunk in to my thick head :D

Now, over at TheDodgeGarage, Gary states that one would need a spare LM to pull some pins from. Since I'm upgrading my old Lm with a newer one, couldn't I use the pins from the old one?

As far as the wiring portion - I may just be able to figure this out WHEW!! :o Sometimes I feel like a dummy when I post up questions about doing something that everyone else has done in their sleep/backwards/with their eyes closed/etc... BUt, I've actually had some time tonight, at work even, to thoroughly read through the whole thing without any distractions. It has finally sunk in.

Hey, 5spd mini: I'd really like the pics you have of the wiring. If you need to email them let me know.

Heh, this is getting interesting :eyebrows:

85_600
04-02-2006, 04:05 AM
Well, it's still sinking in. I've been reading the wiring diagram/instructions again and again. It's staying in my head now :lol:

So, since it looks like I'll be converting over, what am I to expect from this conversion - power wise, performance wise, general operation of the 600? I know that the stock 85 T1 was rated at 142 crank hp, but with this conversion is it going to be the T-II rated 174 or close to that? I don't want to convert the engine/electronics just to break the tranny (A-413). I think my wife would have my head for that, seeing that I've gone through all this trouble so far.

Thanks again for "pushing" the conversion idea :nod:

85_600
04-02-2006, 04:16 AM
Sorry again for some dumb questions, but, since I'm sort of bored at work tonight, I've been reading a few other articles about T1's and 2's. I just found this over at AllPAr:

Other changes: bosses on block and head, oil management block (running change), intake valve surface improved, lightweight connecting rod (running change), high temp timing belt, 11 mm head bolts (running change), integral water box on bottom of intake manifold, better anti-drainback valve (running change), different oil pump rotor, oil pump relief back down to 60 psi, 8 bolt flywheel (late change).

Sooo, what's this about a running change on the headbolt size? I thought I had 10mm bolts. What is the cut off date, if anyone knows.

Thanks again! :)

GLHSKEN
04-02-2006, 08:59 AM
The logic modules have all the pins. You will need some of the "wire" to LM connectors.

If you are coming down for the spring fling, I'll show you exactly waht I'm talking amount. I have spares..

5sp. mini
04-02-2006, 11:01 AM
ya i have some spares to u won,t break any thing by swicthing just keep the boost now . i will dig them up for you also if you want i have a set of new head bolts 10mm size if you are not removing the block just run with them.AL

85_600
04-02-2006, 04:07 PM
The logic modules have all the pins. You will need some of the "wire" to LM connectors.

If you are coming down for the spring fling, I'll show you exactly waht I'm talking amount. I have spares..

ya i have some spares to u won,t break any thing by swicthing just keep the boost now . i will dig them up for you also if you want i have a set of new head bolts 10mm size if you are not removing the block just run with them.AL

Unfortunately my work schedule doesn't allow me to have much fun outside of my immediate area :( So, I have to rely on help from the forums, and someone relatively close by.

I appreciate the offers here and I will be needing some of this help mentioned, that I'm sure about.

At least I do see one event that I "may" be able to observe - The dyno day on May 13th at Backstreet Performance. I've been there when I supercharged my 1st Saturn. I'm only about 20 minutes from them. Anyone know if that is still on?

cordes
04-03-2006, 01:07 AM
The pins in the sterio connectors are the same so I am told. YOu could pull the pins with as much wire as you can out of a mopar from the erra and be all set.

As others have stated, you can just leave the boost at a lower setting until you have a spare trans.

I think they make a tap to run down into the block for the switch to 11MM bolts.

5sp. mini
04-03-2006, 07:45 AM
hey does your car have 4 or 5lug wheels/ i have a set of 5lug spinals with reman calipers i saved from a 87 k car /just cause all the brake stuff was new. there your if you need them or i,m going to throw out i have no use for them. i have some pin,s to .AL