PDA

View Full Version : Aaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!

SwiftTech
04-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Dangit, I just dropped my autometer boost guage I was going to put into my daytona. It now reads 30psi when it should read 0, and doesn't move at all when vac/pressure is applied to it. Is there a way to fix it easily without sending it in for repair?

Murphy
04-01-2006, 07:40 PM
it it with na hammer in the exact oposite location

CSX321
04-01-2006, 08:25 PM
It might have ended up that way even without hitting it. The Auto Meter gauge in my SRT-4 now reads -10 with the car off. A lot of these SRT-4 gauges are going bad.

cordes
04-01-2006, 09:35 PM
I have heard that you can pull off the bezel and reset the nedle. I am not sure what you would have to do to get it reading right if vac/boost still wont do any thing though.

Daytony
04-03-2006, 10:34 PM
What ever you do... DO NOT remove the face ring, you'll never get it back on without destroying it. To fix it just pull the light socket out and look in the socket hole you will see a copper ring right at the top of the gauge housing, insert a small screw driver and push down or up depending which direction the gauge is off and keep doing that untill it center's back on "0"

tryingbe
04-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Wow, you're in boost without even moving the car?! nice. :)

SwiftTech
04-06-2006, 02:12 PM
WOOT!!! I fixed it!!!!
The problem was the link that connects the curved pressure pipe to the needle actuator had come off. I had to reach into the guage with a small pick and reattach it. After that it was just a matter of tweaking the curved pipe like Daytony said to get it back to zero. after that I used our pressure calibrator at work to check the accuracy on it. Not too bad. Thanks all.

inmyshadow
04-06-2006, 03:09 PM
I talked to Autometer about something similar with my EGT gauge.

When the car was off, the needle sat at the E in EGT. Autometer's response was? Thats alright, the needle can sit anywhere when the car is off.

I then told him, even when the car is started, it sits there for about 5mins. The gauge would also go way past 1600, on my low boost setting(6lbs). I felt the accuracy of my gauge must be off. If it wasn't, I would have blown the motor 100x over.

Hopefully they will warranty it.

It might have ended up that way even without hitting it. The Auto Meter gauge in my SRT-4 now reads -10 with the car off. A lot of these SRT-4 gauges are going bad.