PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of the 16 Valve Charger - 2.216VTurbo

Quadraphonic
04-01-2006, 02:51 PM
I just uploaded the pictures of his Shelby Charger.

All I can say is, on the test drive, I couldn't get this stupid grin off my face... :D Even in limp mode. Never knew how much fun turbo's could be past the 14.6 psi mark... :thumb:

http://erdal.zuxo.net/resim/thumbnails.php?album=18

Thanks for the ride Alan.

Jason

Dave
04-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Where the hell has this thing been? I've never seen it before.

Awesome looking ride, how fast did it go? Are those BFG drag radials?

Whorse
04-02-2006, 01:18 AM
Damn, Masi head too. Nice work.

ShadowBrad
04-02-2006, 01:59 AM
Is it just me or are there 4 four wire O2 sensors on that thing?
Very awesome ride. Nicely done. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

johnl
04-02-2006, 02:36 AM
Is it just me or are there 4 four wire O2 sensors on that thing?
Very awesome ride. Nicely done. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I believe so; did you note the second set of injectors/two stage fueling?

It IS a VERY well done car.

CDNTurboZ
04-02-2006, 02:31 PM
It looks like a nice car, do you have any more pics of the exterior? I like that paint job:thumb:

GLHS592
04-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Here's a picture I remembered seeing on the Cal SDAC page.
http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/drag/800/alenglhs.gif?nocache=9123120091

2.216VTurbo
04-02-2006, 04:21 PM
I just uploaded the pictures of his Shelby Charger.

All I can say is, on the test drive, I couldn't get this stupid grin off my face... :D Even in limp mode. Never knew how much fun turbo's could be past the 14.6 psi mark... :thumb:

http://erdal.zuxo.net/resim/thumbnails.php?album=18

Thanks for the ride Alan.

Jason

Jason,

Thanks for putting up the pics:thumb: Next time when I am NOT in limp mode you can have a ride that will amaze you:D Plenty of guys on the list who have cars that will spin the meats from a roll in fourth above 75MPH, but until you experience it...

2.216VTurbo
04-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Where the hell has this thing been? I've never seen it before.

Awesome looking ride, how fast did it go? Are those BFG drag radials?

Well, I have had the car since new but since it is just about at 40K miles it doesn't see a whole lot of road time. ;) GLHS #034 has been in Sport Compact Car (March '97) and Hot Cars Magazine as well as 3-4 Barnes and Noble books like "Supercars, 300 Top Performers" so I am not exactly hiding the car under a rock:lol:

Big potential for power in the motor that took me ~6 years to build (while getting married and starting a 2 child family) but the tuning is not in place yet to put the numbers down:o It did make 384WHP at 16PSI last year, but if you read the 'Vegas Baby, Mopars at the strip' thread under events, you can get the whole story how this year went.

GLHSKEN
04-02-2006, 04:30 PM
LOL... THAT is fun!!! Scares the hell out of your passenger... even when it is your car and you are riding shotgun!!

Dave
04-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Well, I have had the car since new but since it is just about at 40K miles it doesn't see a whole lot of road time. ;) GLHS #034 has been in Sport Compact Car (March '97) and Hot Cars Magazine as well as 3-4 Barnes and Noble books like "Supercars, 300 Top Performers" so I am not exactly hiding the car under a rock:lol:

Big potential for power in the motor that took me ~6 years to build (while getting married and starting a 2 child family) but the tuning is not in place yet to put the numbers down:o It did make 384WHP at 16PSI last year, but if you read the 'Vegas Baby, Mopars at the strip' thread under events, you can get the whole story how this year went.

That's disgusting how much more power the 16valves make. Im running 16psi now and probally am only around 215whp.

That's on the list though, I swear!

turbovanmanČ
04-03-2006, 12:10 AM
Awesome, makes me want to get my TIII head on.

What kind of intake is that?

2.216VTurbo
04-03-2006, 01:19 AM
Awesome, makes me want to get my TIII head on.

What kind of intake is that?

The last 3" of the runners are from a stock TC Masi manifold that has been welded then opened about 3mm each. The rest is sheet aluminum with internal velocity stacks and the modified 63mm Jeep Throttle body moved to the opposite side from stock. It just packaged better for the FMIC to go in on the driver's side and out on the passenger's side with a very short tube before the TB. BOV is in the IC end tank on the outlet side. Can't take credit for fabbing the headers,manifold, radiator, IC. A VERY talented fabricator who builds off road racing truck chassis for a living did that stuff. Between the head and intake I have 70 hours of hand porting:eek:

Get the TIII on there, I sold off all my SOHC stuff and am not going back:eyebrows:

mech1nxh
04-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Mechanical Artwork!!!! all the way , liquid filled gauges ....nice touch
and a side note, thanks again for the help, my collection of 16v stuff
grows daily

R/T
04-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Awesome. :thumb:

Great work, the re - engineering is amazing.

Love it! :amen: