PDA

View Full Version : Where to source interior parts for 87 CSX?

mcglsr2
12-01-2008, 02:44 PM
hey all, i am just wondering if anyone knows of a place to get some interior parts - i just spent some time on the phone with a dodge dealer in texas, and all the things i was looking at in their catalog is not really available.

things like a new headliner board thingie, front seat belts, etc.

i know the salvage yard is one place, and i've been looking. but 87 shadows are getting quite rare in the yard these days. does anyone know of a place that is selling these types of things, or reman-ing them, knock offs, anything like that? or am i stuck with what i can buy off parting of cars/salvage yards?

thanks for any help!

BadAssPerformance
12-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Salvage yards, swap meets, craigslist, ebay, or wanted posts here :thumb: Luckily the '87 CSX interior is same as a Shadow ES so not impossible to find.

Turbodave
12-01-2008, 04:14 PM
In addition to the above you can also try Marty at Arizonaparts.com he's got a lot of NOS stuff for our cars.

shelbyconcepts
12-08-2008, 09:12 AM
Be prepared for the sticker shock of a lifetime though.....He's pricey....

mcglsr2
12-08-2008, 09:31 AM
lol, he knows you want it, no one else has it, and is willing to charge you for it, eh? :)

JamesL
12-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Cindy has a ton of stuff. You might want to check with her.

135sohc
12-10-2008, 02:42 AM
lol, he knows you want it, no one else has it, and is willing to charge you for it, eh? :)

He's really not all that expensive once you actually work everything out.

mcglsr2
12-10-2008, 10:48 AM
well, i'm working something out with some guys here for some parts. once that's concluded and see what's left over, i may just see what the Arizona place has.

glhs571
12-15-2008, 10:33 PM
I would check all the junkyards in your area. Some interior pieces are the same from year to year, I would also check out car-part.com if you need something specific.

mcglsr2
12-16-2008, 09:06 AM
I would check all the junkyards in your area. Some interior pieces are the same from year to year, I would also check out car-part.com if you need something specific.

i'll see what carpart can do - the issue with the junk yard is that the shadows that are there are all older then 87-88. specifically, the rear quarter panel in my 87 is different from the ones in the yard. 5 years ago i might have found stuff - at least in the yards that are local to me. but i will keep looking! :)