PDA

View Full Version : Stumbling under accel??

BoostMonkey
03-31-2006, 11:33 PM
Here's the story guys. It's all in a 91 Spirit RT.
I tried installing a MBC and kept hitting boostcutout and could never get the boost below 15-16 lbs. So I put the whole system back to stock and it started stumbling a little under WOT. It also kept hitting boost cutout. So I took the advice of another member here in the chat and ran my wastegate to the vacuum line off the intake. It was only boosting to 5 psi with this setup!!.....

So I went to Home Depot, bought new springs, and cut one down and put it in my MBC and now it's working. I have the boost set to 10 psi.

However, whenever I'm under agressive accelerating and WOT, it's surging BAD. Feels like boost cutout but the boost always stays below 12 psi. It even surged a little when it was running 5 psi (i'm running an autometer ultralite guage). The original vacuum line that went to the wastegate is plugged. I've replaced a few vacuum lines but nothing seems to work. The car also feels slightly slower, but that's probably just because of the surging. Any ideas on what I can do?

I get codes 12, 13, 15, and 17. I know that the coolant sensor stopped working stopped working right after I installed my MBC the first time. The speed sensor I've had problems with, sometimes it works, most of the time it does. So, any ideas on what it could be? I really want to get this fixed as it's driving me crazy. Thanks.

Michael

BoostMonkey
04-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Bump...

BoostMonkey
04-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Well today I reset the computer. And now I only get codes 12, 15, and obviously 55. The 12 is normal, and the 15 is my speed sensor. Any ideas? How hard is it to buy a vacuum block from FWD perf. and rework all my lines??

Michael

dwh4784
04-02-2006, 07:14 PM
You might want to try a new MAP sensor and/or check the vac line going to it. I know the code 13 went away when you reset it but if it showed up before it's probably got issues.

Jack's Dodge
04-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Check timing. Could be a fuel delivery issues that would show its behind under load. Might need another fuel sock and/or fuel filter. Assuming you are running priemium gas, I'd look into these possibilities. Triple check your vac lines for correct connection, and leaks.

BoostMonkey
04-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the help guys. It was a loose connection on one of the solenoids on the passenger fenders. I looked at them and just made sure they were secure. I moved the lines farther onto the barbs maybe 1/8th of an inch and the problem went away. Pretty wierd huh?

Michael