PDA

View Full Version : $100. OFF TU 16-V, 8-V and V-6 CUSTOM ALUMINUM FLYWHEELS!!

Chris W
11-26-2008, 07:20 PM
We are having a Thanksgiving Day Sale on our Custom Aluminum Flywheels for the rest of this week. These are now available for 16-Valve applications for an additional $25.

8-Valve & V-6s regular price is $325. on Sale for $225.
16-Valve versions with crank sensor notches regular price is $350. On Sale for $250.

Limited Time Only. NO RAINCHECKS.

Here's the link below:

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=133&products_id=251

We appreciate everyone's continued support!

Chris-TU

t3rse
11-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Weight?

turbojerk
11-26-2008, 08:27 PM
I want one!

Do you accept credit card over the phone now?

T

rosie
11-26-2008, 09:24 PM
I want one!

T

Paypal over the internet. You know how much MC and Visa charge to take your money???

Chris W
11-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Weight?

The 16-Valve versions are under 10 lbs. The 8 valve versions are probably close to that. I will check next time I get to the shop.

I want one!

T

We have been accepting CC orders over the phone and off our site for about 2 years now. For online orders just select "Check/Money Order" for form of payment. Enter card holder's name, billing address, CC#, Expiration date and 3 digit security code in the note section. Or, just call us with that information so we can process your order.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

turbovanmanČ
11-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Paypal over the internet. You know how much MC and Visa charge to take your money???

Same as paypal, they take 3% and if you have the right connections, you can get cheaper rates for the credit cards. I pay under 2% at my shop.

rosie
11-27-2008, 12:46 AM
The 16-Valve versions are under 10 lbs. The 8 valve versions are probably close to that. I will check next time I get to the shop.

We have been accepting CC orders over the phone and off our site for about 2 years now. For online orders just select "Check/Money Order" for form of payment. Enter card holder's name, billing address, CC#, Expiration date and 3 digit security code in the note section. Or, just call us with that information so we can process your order.

Thanks!

Chris-TU

Awwwwww I SUCK!!!!!! :banghead: Sorry Chris. I was trying to help.

You do realize what that means right? I built my engine over 2 years ago and it hasn't blown up yet!!! I guess when I get all my stuff from you next time I can use my CC over the phone... Now that I have pay pal? Why didn't you take credit card when I didn't have pay pal?!!! It's a TU conspiracy!!!!!

black86glhs
11-27-2008, 01:19 AM
Same as paypal, they take 3% and if you have the right connections, you can get cheaper rates for the credit cards. I pay under 2% at my shop.
Thats because the card machine rep thinks Simon is cute!:yuck::confused::eek:

bradp
11-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Thats because the card machine rep thinks Simon is cute!:yuck::confused::eek:

What's his name?...RickP:lol:

Xtrempickup
11-27-2008, 06:58 PM
do we know what the stock weight of a TIII flywheel is about?

badandy
11-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Accepts Fidanza inserts I take it?

Aries_Turbo
11-27-2008, 11:01 PM
and if you are making the inserts, are you going to have one that is a softer metal like the stock flywheel. i know that some folks were turned off to a fidanza because the insert metal was too hard and the clutch would slip.

Andy and I were chatting about flywheels the other day. we came to the conclusion that with the staging limiters available, the negative side of a lightened flywheel (launching a drag car) should be just about negated because you can leave the line on boost. :)

Brian

badandy
11-28-2008, 12:56 PM
and if you are making the inserts, are you going to have one that is a softer metal like the stock flywheel. i know that some folks were turned off to a fidanza because the insert metal was too hard and the clutch would slip.

Andy and I were chatting about flywheels the other day. we came to the conclusion that with the staging limiters available, the negative side of a lightened flywheel (launching a drag car) should be just about negated because you can leave the line on boost. :)

Brian

I understand the thought process concering the material being too hard...but then again weren't some of the more aggressive clutches tearing up the stock flywheels?

You know...I hate when pro's and con's collide :mad:

Chris W
11-28-2008, 02:06 PM

Brian

The issue is not so much the steel insert softness as it is the heat build up. Stock flywheels allow the heat (created from disc to FW contact) to transfer from the flywheel to the crankshaft where it is dispersed inside the engine. The steel inserts in the Aluminum flywheels do not transfer the heat as well. The heat can stay in the inserts which can cause clutch slippage problems in higher HP applications similar to brake fade. These FWs are great for a DD and mild performance applications, but, for over 350HP we would recommend our lightened cast iron flywheels.

Chris-TU

Chris W
11-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Accepts Fidanza inserts I take it?

No, these are our custom flywheels which only accept our inserts

Chris-TU

dds78910
12-11-2008, 01:04 AM
How long are the 16v on sale for?

crazymadbastard
12-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Ok how about some heat transfer compound behind the aluminum flywheel, insert and crank? might work, Aluminum does transfer heat really well, but you need surface contact which is not so good between the aluminum and insert. So maybe the heat transfer comppound would solve that. Chris, I already have your yellow plate and 6puck and a fidanza AL. Grabs and holds like mofo. :thumb:

iTurbo
12-11-2008, 03:45 PM
I bought one of these for one of my TIII projects. Are there any special considerations that need to be taken into account with regards to the clutch design/materials?

Chris W
12-11-2008, 05:04 PM
The heat compond would have to be able to withstand some extreme temps and not liquify in order to resist the rotational forces. The higher the coefficient of friction is for the disk the higher the temps will be. A less aggresive disk will see lower temps. Sintered iron (RevLok) is the most aggresive.

In any case, there are usually no problems in competition applications unless the vehicle is really beat on with little time to cool down between several 1/4 mile runs. If it starts fading you just need to give it a chance to cool down.

It's an awesome flywheel for street use though which is where most people use them. It's priced right and the sale has been extended to the end of the year. If you want all out racing reliability then our lightened OEM versions is the ticket for you.:thumb:

Happy Holidays!

Chris-TU

Chris W
12-11-2008, 05:06 PM
:thumb:
Chris, I already have your yellow plate and 6puck and a fidanza AL. Grabs and holds like mofo. :thumb:

That's a great combo. I knew you would be pleased. Here's a few pics of our new clutch lineup.

Chris W
12-11-2008, 05:06 PM
:thumb:
Chris, I already have your yellow plate and 6puck and a fidanza AL. Grabs and holds like mofo. :thumb:

That's a great combo. I knew you would be pleased. Here's a few pics of our new clutch lineup.

Chris-TU

dds78910
12-18-2008, 04:02 PM
I went on the website today and now it doesnt show the sale price anymore? I thought they were suppose to be on sale till the end of the year. I need to buy a clutch from TU ASAP and wanted to get this also and install at the same time. Called TU but Chris is on vacation, I would like to know if it is still on sale, cause I need to order this stuff by this weekend.

tryingbe
12-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Our last day of shipping before Christmas is Tuesday December 16th. We will be back in the office after Dec. 27th. As mentioned earlier, Christmas Gift Certificates can be purchased at any time.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=415375&postcount=1

iTurbo
12-18-2008, 05:54 PM
I got mine a few days ago. Looks great but were these tested before production? I don't see how the crank sensor will see the windows in aluminum. I'd hate to put this in my car and not have it even start.

http://www.turbosedan.com/omni/DSC04032.JPG

dds78910
12-18-2008, 08:44 PM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=415375&postcount=1

Thanks for the info, does anyone know if the flywheel is still on sale? The website doesnt show the sale price.

Chris W
12-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the info, does anyone know if the flywheel is still on sale? The website doesnt show the sale price.

YES, still on sale as promised. The pricing automaticlly reset. I can't change it from where I am now but will provide refunds after I return.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Chris-TU

iTurbo
07-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Man I almost forgot I bought this thing. Any updates?

Juggy
07-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Man I almost forgot I bought this thing. Any updates?

im sure chris can have a better answer, but i did see one of these at SDAC this year, and had to ask him about the flywheel.

he said that they spray a special magnetic coating then the crank trigger will be able to read whats going on....not exactly in those words tho :o

dds78910
07-23-2009, 12:40 PM
I talked to him 2 weeks ago. He had someone test the new coating and it worked but felt it needed to have one more coat on it to make sure there wasnt going to be any more problems. I need to send him the one I have back so he can have the secong coat put on. Since he got back a week ago I'm sure he is busy getting caught up from when he was gone. I'm sure he will chime in and explain it better.