PDA

View Full Version : The chat room is great, but...

85shelbycharger
12-23-2005, 11:58 PM
I just visited the chat room here on TM for the first time, and am just curious if there is a way to turn off the sounds? I had Led Zeppelin playin and these sounds kept bothering me...couldn't figure out how to turn them off haha. Thanks for the help!

BadAssPerformance
12-24-2005, 12:05 AM
Click on 'options', then 'sounds', then 'mute all'...

85shelbycharger
12-24-2005, 12:17 AM
Click on 'options', then 'sounds', then 'mute all'...

Thanks JT, but I'm still not seeing it :confused:

BadAssPerformance
12-24-2005, 12:25 AM
Frank, help!

sdac guy
12-24-2005, 07:00 AM
The controls for sound are not on my options either.

Barry

fleckster
12-24-2005, 11:50 AM
I think only the Super Mods (or higher) have the ability to have those features under the Options button...we may have to see if Frank can modify that.

GLHSKEN
12-24-2005, 11:52 AM
options should be just above the text typing box...

85shelbycharger
12-24-2005, 11:57 AM
options should be just above the text typing box...

We do have the options button, but the only tabs available are 'Text', 'Effects', and 'About'.

GLHSKEN
12-24-2005, 12:00 PM
That would have to be a settings change and I can't get there now.. Frank will take care of it...

LOL what's the matter.. the jetson song interrupting Ac-Dc got ya down... hehehe

85shelbycharger
12-24-2005, 12:06 PM
That would have to be a settings change and I can't get there now.. Frank will take care of it...

LOL what's the matter.. the jetson song interrupting Ac-Dc got ya down... hehehe

Yeah, Frank was in the chat with me, JT, and Billy last night and I'm pretty sure he knew what was wrong and was going to fix it when he got the chance.

It was those sounds that play when you recieve or send a message that were bothering me! Haha. I had Boston playing and the sounds kept interrupting me :p

Frank
12-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Yeh I was looking for the configuration file... the right one... last night during chat. I was falling asleep... I would have broke chat like I did on opening night. LOL.

I will look again.

Frank

r00tcause
12-26-2005, 12:01 AM
Yeh I was looking for the configuration file... the right one... last night during chat. I was falling asleep... I would have broke chat like I did on opening night. LOL.

I will look again.

Frank

This ones easy.

Check the bottom of the first .gif panel and you will see the code where it has "true" for sound (and all the other settings). This page explains it.

http://www.tufat.com/docs/flashchat/layout.html

I was chatting with a mod the other day. Apparently the mods do not have a "clear" button but the regular users do. (also set in the same part of the code)

Frank
12-26-2005, 01:03 AM
Its all fixed.... i am finally home and have the internet speed which reflects my patience of late.