PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1995 Neon Sedan! SOHC ATX and hot heat in IL $1400 OBO

Dodge Aries K
11-26-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm selling a 1995 Dodge Neon Sedan. It has 136,000 miles on it but had the all important timing belt service done at 76,000 miles. 2.0L SOHC with a 3 speed automatic transmission. Runs and drives great! It has power locks, power mirrors, tilt, cruise, and the uncommon extra lighting package (glove box, underhood, ignition, and ash tray lights). Pioneer speakers have been put in in place of the stock speakers and sound great! Mopar AM/FM/Cassette radio installed that works perfect. I repainted part of the car due to some massive clear coat peeling and the interior is clean too. New belts for the alternator and power steering were just installed. Cloth bucket seats up front, cloth fold down bench in back. It gets 30 MPG around town if you keep your foot out of it but because it's a 95 it has a more agressive camshaft so if you need to go it scoots pretty good! Has great tires and brakes on it as well! Also fixed the trunk water leaks that all Neons get. Just gas it up and go! Extremely hot heat!

The only things wrong that I've noticed with the car are it does leak a little bit of oil... guessing it's the valve cover gasket, the rear struts are worn so it does bounce a bit on big bumps, the light up visors aren't lighting up, front bumper cover is scuffed up a bit, the headliner is sagging (and I don't have a staple gun), a trim piece is missing on the driver's side that goes between the doors, and the rear driver's side door power lock just makes noise and doesn't move. A trip to the junkyard, under $150, and a few hours of time can fix all that stuff. Nothing that really affect the way it runs at all. Also, because it's cold I have no clue if the a/c functions or not... but based on my luck with a/c systems, probably not. It DOES have a newer condenser in the front though... so it may be okay.

Bought the car as a backup car for my wife and I, fixed it up a bit, but due to finances it's gotta go. At any rate, I'm asking $1400 OBO for it. Please give me a call (or send me a text) at 815 980-8960 if you want to see the little Neon. I've owned a lot of Neons (still have two that stay here) and they are great little cars that will run forever with maintaince and care. It's a Belvidere Built one as well, no Tocula Neons allowed at my house. Thanks for looking!

Pictures at http://rockford.craigslist.org/cto/934815940.html

Dodge Aries K
12-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Reduced to $1000. Happy Holidays!