PDA

View Full Version : KYB GR-2 or Gas-A-Just

shelbyplaya
11-16-2008, 03:46 PM
the car is an 87 Daytona Shelby Z.

It's basicly a drag car, I got suspention tequnecs springs going in the car and I'm trying to deside what KYB shocks/struts I should install with them.

I got the GR-2's in my stealth RT/TT and they are pretty damn good.

But here we go, It's poll time!

OH and I did do a search and got some pretty mixed resluts.

iTurbo
11-16-2008, 04:51 PM
GR2 are crap. You would be crazy to put them in any car that has stiffer than stock springs. I have Gas-A-Just shocks in the rear of my Shelby Lancer with Eibach springs and they are great. I just wish the GR2 struts could keep up with them.

shelbyplaya
11-16-2008, 05:00 PM
GR2 are crap. You would be crazy to put them in any car that has stiffer than stock springs. I have Gas-A-Just shocks in the rear of my Shelby Lancer with Eibach springs and they are great. I just wish the GR2 struts could keep up with them.

I gues it comes down to the car it's self as well. I love them in the stealth with it's stock springs.

But it's compairing apples to orenges when it comes ot that i guess.

So you think gas-a-just are better then in the tona?

iTurbo
11-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Yes, Gas-A-Just all the way especially since you have ST springs. But shocks aren't that expensive so you could buy a pair of each to try out. If you don't like them I'm sure you could find another car to throw them on instead of them collecting dust.

turbovanmanČ
11-16-2008, 05:28 PM
The only issue is, you can't get GAJ's for the front. I used GAJ in my 5.0L Mustang, awesome, :nod:

turboz523
11-16-2008, 05:42 PM
I went from gr-2's t gas-a-justs in the rear of my daytona and there's no comparison, the gas-a-justs are way better, check tire rack, they were having a special on them, like $38 each, don't know if its still going on though.

tryingbe
11-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Gas-a-just, given those two choices...

2.216VTurbo
11-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Drag car? Was Gabriel 'Air Adjust' one of the choices? They are like $50. each and if you purchase an extra line kit (the air hose and Schrader fill) you can vary the`air pressure side to side to perfectly load the fronts :eyebrows:

compshadow
11-16-2008, 11:34 PM
As far as I know only GR2 is available for the front.

dr_amx
11-21-2008, 08:02 PM

I am seeing it this way myself. I have GR2's on the front of my 89 daytona and the front end is kinda bouncy. I have aftermarket springs as well.

Sloride
11-28-2008, 11:53 PM
i have the gr2s and gas a justs,

about 300 springs (from td drop spring thread...

its kinda bouncy in the front, it settled some when i put a tower bar on.... i still need to add new a arm bushings and such... i think the front end has almost reached legal drinking age.

daytona 90