PDA

View Full Version : Looking to make chapter logo

spoolinhard
11-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Where can I get a high res. picture of the round red SDAC logo?

sdac guy
11-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Only one place to get it!

Email me.

barryg1 at sbcglobal.net

Barry

spoolinhard
11-16-2008, 11:23 PM
will do. Thanks
-Kaleb

LaserXT1986
11-18-2008, 04:30 PM
And once you have a design worked out, contact me if you'd like pricing on making some decals or other venues (banners, etc). :D

spoolinhard
11-18-2008, 06:05 PM
And once you have a design worked out, contact me if you'd like pricing on making some decals or other venues (banners, etc). :D

thanks!

spoolinhard
11-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Got it drawn up on paper. Now just need to do it up on the computer.

PentastarBooster
11-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Hello. I'm the "new guy" that was at the last meeting. The discussion about a logo for the group motivated me to try creating a web site, using the Google free web site creation utility. It's strictly a prototype proof of concept idea that i came up with. If anyone is interested, it's at:

http://sites.google.com/site/linomabluffssdac/

It's very basic and somewhat rough, but any feedback would be appreciated. I have done this entirely out of enthusiasm for the group and Shelby Dodge vehicles. I hope I'm not being too forward in doing this, and I don't mean to "step on any toes."

Thanks,

Brian

86Shelby
11-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Nice! I like it as a great starting point!!!

spoolinhard
11-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Hello. I'm the "new guy" that was at the last meeting. The discussion about a logo for the group motivated me to try creating a web site, using the Google free web site creation utility. It's strictly a prototype proof of concept idea that i came up with. If anyone is interested, it's at:

It's very basic and somewhat rough, but any feedback would be appreciated. I have done this entirely out of enthusiasm for the group and Shelby Dodge vehicles. I hope I'm not being too forward in doing this, and I don't mean to "step on any toes."

Thanks,

Brian

Nice. Looks good. You coming to our next meet?

PentastarBooster
11-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Yes, I'm planning on it, as far as I know right now. Has the date/time/location been been fully decided upon? Based on discussion on the "Linoma-Bluffs Chapter" thread, it appears that, at least at this point, it's looking like Saturday, December 13th at 5:00 pm at the Thai Spice restaurant on 108th and Maple in Omaha. Any further confirmation of this?

LaserXT1986
11-24-2008, 10:46 AM

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,

As the "semi official unofficial" SDAC decal guy (wow, is that a confusing title lol), let me share some feedback with you. I have done the designing of DV-SDAC, and been involved in the creation of the NE-SDAC decals. I also reproduced the Steel City and Buckeye Chapters. So I have a little bit of knowledge.

Your concept is great, however keep this in mind:

-Most decals are approx. 4-5" wide (some run a little smaller, some run larger). They can be made to any size, however, you have to realize scaling as a factor. Typically the height is approx. 70% of the width.

-If you put a small "CS" or other type of logo in the middle, when you scale the WHOLE thing to 4"-5", that CS is still going to be very small. And you want it to stand out because that is what would be known as the "dominant copy" (or in this case, logo). Your club name typically would fall underneath it, and you'd want these 2 things (club name and SDAC or CS logo) to be readable when the whole design is scaled to 4-5" or so.

-Having that much white space (from the 2 states) on your decal is going to make everything else look "lost" in comparison. And just at a glance, when someone sees it, the first thing that hits their eyes is the states names, not the logo or cities. This is due to the amount of negative space and larger sizes of the copy for the states.

Your concept is great, just trying to offer a little bit of "been there, done that" experience. Designing logos can be tricky and you want to make sure the effort is worth it in the end (I personally think the nicest one out there is Steel City's, and yes that means I am admitting it looks nicer than my OWN club's lol. It is a true masterpiece).

Lastly, what program are you using. I ask this because creating it in the right program and saving it in the right formats saves time down the road when it comes time to make decals, banners, t-shirts, etc.

If I can be of any extra help with anything please don't hesitate to ask! :D

anokabball24
11-24-2008, 10:58 AM
If you need any web or graphic design assistance shoot me a PM, I deal in both.

PentastarBooster
11-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks to those who've offered advice, assistance, and encouragement. It was really my intention at this point to simply put together a few ideas for a web site for the club, so they could possibly be discussed at the next meeting. Kaleb ("Spoolinhard"), who started this thread, is the one who has been working hard on the club logo, and I would defer to him concerning it's design. I simply threw out a few rough ideas, hoping to provide some constructive input.

Brian

DC Turismo
02-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Kaleb

Did you ever get a finalized logo? Email it to me when you do so that I can add it to our chapter's webpage..... lofinkw@hotmail.com