PDA

View Full Version : SC rear window removal

rdnoel86
11-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Does anyone have any tricks to getting out the back windows(not hatch) without detroying the seal/gasket material?? Thanx!

GLHS592
11-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Do you have all the trim & interior panels removed? You will have to work the rubber gasket from the inside. Start in a corner. It's not easy.

rdnoel86
11-15-2008, 09:45 PM
ok, thanx Kevin. I do have the interior and sail panels off. I tried one a while ago and basically ripped the gasket in half. I suppose you have to put it back in the same way? I have a broken piece I'm replacing...

85shelbycharger
11-16-2008, 01:23 AM
I just did this yesterday, and it took me about an hour. I started in the middle of the top part of the windown, using a plastic stick to push the rubber out. It takes a while to get it started, but once you're going, it doesn't take much more. Make sure you don't use a screwdriver or anything metal that will rip the gasket.

Putting the window back in is pretty easy. get a thin piece of string and loop it all the way around the inside of the gasket. Place the window in where it needs to go and push it down so that the bottom part is in place where it needs to go. You'll then take each side of the string and pull it towards the inside of the glass, thus pulling the gasket in with it.

minigts
11-16-2008, 01:59 AM
The hardest part is having to remove the interior sail AND the exterior one as well. The window removal is actually very easy, in my opinion. :D

BLUEBALL
11-16-2008, 10:26 PM
use a lil WD40 or some soap water too. when it starts itll pop right out. use plastic wedge of course. goin in is easy using a thin cord