PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 V6 Trans Bolt Pattern

steve
11-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Sort of an oddball question - but does anyone know off hand what the trans bolt pattern of a 3.5 V6 (LH body Intrepid motor) would bolt up to for a 5 speed trans? Or what transverse automatic transmissions it may bolt up to?

Basis of the question - Contemplating a 3.5 V6 Neon.. I have an old intrepid with a good motor, and I've got a Neon.. Thinking this might be as much fun as my old V8 S10.

I'm sure I can fab all the mounts and figure out a computer setup for it, but just trying to figure out what my tranny options are..

Thanks,
Steve:thumb:

JDAWG
11-14-2008, 09:29 PM
look around dodgeintrepid.net, not sure what manual trans you could use but there is alway an autostick option

dodgeshadowchik
11-16-2008, 03:01 AM
Sort of an oddball question - but does anyone know off hand what the trans bolt pattern of a 3.5 V6 (LH body Intrepid motor) would bolt up to for a 5 speed trans? Or what transverse automatic transmissions it may bolt up to?

Basis of the question - Contemplating a 3.5 V6 Neon.. I have an old intrepid with a good motor, and I've got a Neon.. Thinking this might be as much fun as my old V8 S10.

I'm sure I can fab all the mounts and figure out a computer setup for it, but just trying to figure out what my tranny options are..

Thanks,
Steve:thumb:

Steve not sure about what 5spd if any would bolt up but I would look into the issue of room I have seem 3.0L in neons and they are tight fit and 3.5L is a lot wider motor it would be a tight fit.

turbovanmanČ
11-16-2008, 03:52 AM
A 3.5 is stupid wide, I doubt it will fit in a FWD Neon engine bay, maybe RWD, :clap:

steve
11-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Yeah, unfortunantly I am finding that out. I had both cars around this weekend and according to my calibrated eye, it just isn't gonna fit transversly. If I take the time to go RWD... lol it's gonna be a Hemi!

Thanks All!

turbovanmanČ
11-17-2008, 12:24 AM
Yeah, unfortunantly I am finding that out. I had both cars around this weekend and according to my calibrated eye, it just isn't gonna fit transversly. If I take the time to go RWD... lol it's gonna be a Hemi!

Thanks All!

Well technically, the 3.5 is a Hemi, :eyebrows: :lol:

Vigo
11-17-2008, 01:05 PM
only 5spd that will bolt to it is a t-850 out of a 2.7 v6 car. pretty rare.

you can also bolt it straight up to a 3.3/3.8 604, tho... .. . .