PDA

View Full Version : 2 out of 3 races aint bad

Dave
03-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Well last night my friend and I went out looking for some V8s. Uncapped my car, set the boost to 15.5psi and filled 'er up.

1st race: On our way to Summit Racing on Rt. 8 I saw a black Firebird with 2 tips on the back. So I get next to him give him some bov, no bite, do it again... I just give up and get in the next lane. WTF? I see his front end kick up. No sir, I drop down to 2nd and punch it. WOOO! Pushes yeh back in the sit, and we just took off. Immediate 15psi. Caught him as soon as I nailed 3rd. Yah!

1-0

2nd race: Now we're kids so we got nothing better to do... we wait in the parking lot at Summit for either an Eagle Talon or a SRT 4. Low and behold the SRT 4 comes out first. hehe Turbo Dodge on Turbo Dodge. He gets on the on-ramp and I follow. He must've heard my exhaust because he punched it. Doh, stupid me didn't leave it in 1st, so from a 2nd gear roll we went. Stayed pretty even all the way up. We went again but he was behind me this time. Dropped it into 2nd and took it through 3rd, stayed even again. He never caught me, I never really pulled away. We'll just say I won. :thumb:

2-0

3rd race: The one that got me. While we were waiting for race #2 my old friend from another school stopped in front of me and purged his Mustang. haha It's an '89 convertable with the GT40 package engine (different intake and heads) with a 5.0 motor and a 125 dry shot with an exhaust. So as we come back to Summit after having fun with the SRT 4 we park next to him. :blah: :blah: :blah: we BS a little, show him under my hood, oooh, ahhh, cleeeaaaan. We all decide we'll give it a go. He's got 3 others in his car, I only have one. Okaaayyy... Get on the highway, about 50mph in 2nd gear I hear him downshift (5spd) so I gun it, I get the bust, spools up real quick, but.... he just walks away. :yuck: Damn. That thing was fast. He told me he wouldn't use the nitrous, looks like he did.

Final talley: 2-1

Well that was the night. Pretty proud of her. Definately know she's low, low 14's if she beat an SRT 4 and a Firebird.

Shelby5150
03-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Nice! Sounds like it was loads of fun! :)

turbovanmanČ
03-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Nice, :amen: