PDA

View Full Version : Found some good literature today.

black86glhs
11-13-2008, 11:34 PM
I was looking through a box of stuff that came with my S. Sorry the pics aren't better, only have the phone cam at the moment. Main reason for the pics are to show how clean the manuals are.

BadAssPerformance
11-13-2008, 11:38 PM
Sweet literature! :thumb:

Pics of the S? ;)

cordes
11-13-2008, 11:50 PM
That is awesome.

black86glhs
11-13-2008, 11:52 PM
This is the same one I have always had, just found the box in the garage with the manuals in it.

Last pic should look very familiar to the TM crowd...LOL!:thumb:

cordes
11-13-2008, 11:56 PM
All too familiar. :thumb:

1966 dart wagon
11-14-2008, 12:05 AM
i can agree with the position of the car :lol: sweet manual, any chance of you scanning them and uploading the pages :eyebrows:

2.216VTurbo
11-14-2008, 12:07 AM
...Only missing the elusive service manual suppliment by Shelby Autos...

black86glhs
11-14-2008, 01:40 AM
I actually have that on a CD........but.......uh.......I can't.........er....find it.:banghead:

CUDA_TUGGER
01-01-2009, 10:29 PM
...Only missing the elusive service manual suppliment by Shelby Autos...

Bryan - I have a copy for you. Did you ever get that motor in it that you got from me? Car looks great :thumb:

black86glhs
01-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Bryan - I have a copy for you. Did you ever get that motor in it that you got from me? Car looks great :thumb:
Thanks. Yes, I re-ringed it and was pulling 13-14psi boost.:thumb: Burned some oil under boost, but other wise ran good. Finishing a CB 2.2 with forged Wiseco's and a slightly ported head. I plan on rebuiding the engine in it currently with good parts after I pull it back out.
Send it to this address.
Bryan Leach
1599 Jefferson Ave
Akron, Ohio 44313

sy2206
01-09-2009, 07:43 PM
LOL, check this out guys!!!!!

Bryan, your car and my car were sold the same day! The in-service date is exactly the same, and the hand-writing is the same. Probably the same salesman sold both our cars the same day. Thats cool!

We knew from the VIN lists that our cars were sold at the same dealer, but I didn't dig this far into it until now. Both our cars were shipped from Shelby Automobiles Inc on 7/7/86, which was a Monday. You figure AT LEAST 3 days in transit from Cali to Ohio, so they would have gotten to the dealership on Thurs 7/10/86 at the EARLIEST. It could have taken a week longer if the truck had other stops along the way. Both cars were sold on the 23rd which was a Wed, so they both spend at most a week and a half at the dealership before they were gone.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/myman.JPG

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/myman2.jpg

GLHNSLHT2
01-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Is that the Dynoshootout mag from Las Vegas? I think I see The Pope standing next to the GLHS.

black86glhs
01-09-2009, 08:53 PM
LOL, check this out guys!!!!!

Bryan, your car and my car were sold the same day! The in-service date is exactly the same, and the hand-writing is the same. Probably the same salesman sold both our cars the same day. Thats cool!

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/myman.JPG

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/myman2.jpgThat is awesome Mark!! I even have 87 shop manuals, very close to your 86 manuals.:thumb:
I used to have the window sticker, but unsure of its whereabouts at this time.:(

sy2206
01-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Is that the Dynoshootout mag from Las Vegas? I think I see The Pope standing next to the GLHS.

No, thats Feb '98 Mopar Muscle magazine. They had a Mopar shootout at Bandimere Dragway in Denver. My GLHS, which was owned by Doug Brown at the time, placed 6th out of 10. All of the other 9 cars were V8 RWD mopar cars.

black86glhs
01-09-2009, 09:01 PM
No, thats Feb '98 Mopar Muscle magazine. They had a Mopar shootout at Badimere Dragway in Denver. My GLHS, which was owned by Doug Brown at the time, placed 6th out of 10. All of the other 9 cars were V8 RWD mopar cars.Wow! None of those cars look like lightweights either.:D

sy2206
01-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Wow! None of those cars look like lightweights either.:D

I'll have to bring the mag to one of the Buckeye meets and you can check it out. It's kinda cool.

black86glhs
01-09-2009, 09:30 PM
:thumb:
I'll have to bring the mag to one of the Buckeye meets and you can check it out. It's kinda cool.

4 l-bodies
01-10-2009, 01:42 AM
No, thats Feb '98 Mopar Muscle magazine. They had a Mopar shootout at Bandimere Dragway in Denver. My GLHS, which was owned by Doug Brown at the time, placed 6th out of 10. All of the other 9 cars were V8 RWD mopar cars.
Hey Mark I forgot to tell you when we last spoke that I found 5-6 photos of your car when Doug Brown owned it. He sent me some photos when he was thinking about selling it.
I got a new better scanner that scans slides and negatives from Santa this year. I'll have to send them your way.
Todd

sy2206
01-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Hey Mark I forgot to tell you when we last spoke that I found 5-6 photos of your car when Doug Brown owned it. He sent me some photos when he was thinking about selling it.
I got a new better scanner that scans slides and negatives from Santa this year. I'll have to send them your way.
Todd

Yes, please do that Todd. That'd be cool.

Hey Bryan, and anyone else paying attention to this thread, I took this even one step further(this thread is really intriguing to me, LOL). Of the 500 86 GLHS cars, 19 of them were shipped on 7/7/86. 5 to Iowa, 5 to Illinois, 5 to Cleveland(our cars were 2 of those 5), and 4 to Columbus. Assuming they can fit 9 or 10 on a semi, I would think the 10 Iowa/Illinois cars would have went togather on one truck, and all 9 Ohio cars would have went togather on another truck. Coming from southern California, it would make sense to stop in Columbus first, as it's more on the way to Cleveland. The interstate system would be more of a straight shot to Columbus, then the driver could just cruise up to Cleveland. So if our cars left on 7/7/86, they probably would have gotten to Columbus on the 10th, and up to Cleveland on the Friday the 11th, or maybe Monday the 14th. We know they were sold on the 23rd, so our cars were at the dealer ship for barely over a week before they were gone. I know the original owner did not finance my car(or at least not through the dealer), he bought it straight out from them. I still have the original bill of sale, he had money down, and paid the rest when he picked it up. So with our cars only there for a week, and knowing that the original owner had a deposit on the car, they were probably both sold before they even got there. The dealer ship had a few days to prep the cars and get them ready to go, so the original owners could come get them.

I know some of this is speculation, as far as travel times and whatever else, but it's kinda cool trying to re-trace the steps....

2.216VTurbo
01-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Wow! None of those cars look like lightweights either.:D

IIRC a couple of the cars in the shoot out had headers and other non-stock items. Doug did a heckofa job of driving the S to 6th place:clap:

black86glhs
01-16-2009, 01:10 AM
Yes, please do that Todd. That'd be cool.

Hey Bryan, and anyone else paying attention to this thread, I took this even one step further(this thread is really intriguing to me, LOL). Of the 500 86 GLHS cars, 19 of them were shipped on 7/7/86. 5 to Iowa, 5 to Illinois, 5 to Cleveland(our cars were 2 of those 5), and 4 to Columbus. Assuming they can fit 9 or 10 on a semi, I would think the 10 Iowa/Illinois cars would have went togather on one truck, and all 9 Ohio cars would have went togather on another truck. Coming from southern California, it would make sense to stop in Columbus first, as it's more on the way to Cleveland. The interstate system would be more of a straight shot to Columbus, then the driver could just cruise up to Cleveland. So if our cars left on 7/7/86, they probably would have gotten to Columbus on the 10th, and up to Cleveland on the Friday the 11th, or maybe Monday the 14th. We know they were sold on the 23rd, so our cars were at the dealer ship for barely over a week before they were gone. I know the original owner did not finance my car(or at least not through the dealer), he bought it straight out from them. I still have the original bill of sale, he had money down, and paid the rest when he picked it up. So with our cars only there for a week, and knowing that the original owner had a deposit on the car, they were probably both sold before they even got there. The dealer ship had a few days to prep the cars and get them ready to go, so the original owners could come get them.

I know some of this is speculation, as far as travel times and whatever else, but it's kinda cool trying to re-trace the steps....I have to agree, very good info!! Sorry for not seeing this until today. I started school on Monday and haven't been on much.

IIRC a couple of the cars in the shoot out had headers and other non-stock items. Doug did a heckofa job of driving the S to 6th place:clap:Agreed.:thumb: