PDA

View Full Version : Carpet for L Body

moparbob
11-12-2008, 10:23 PM
I was wanting to know, what is the name of the color blue that my carpet is. I have a 85 Shelby Charger that is silver and blue. The interior cleaned up but the carpet could use a replacing. The carpet is blue. I have been searching around and found carpet. The problem is that there are about five different shades of blue. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

jl93sundance
11-12-2008, 10:40 PM
For some of the carpet companies, you can request a sample, they will send it to you and you pick out the best matching color.

GLHS592
11-12-2008, 10:45 PM
I like my ACC (www.accmats.com) carpet. They seem to have a good reputation in the car hobby.

Keep in mind that you aren't going to find anything that is a perfect concours restoration carpet. ACC doesn't have the heavy rubber backing like the factory carpet. They have a lightweight matting glued to the bottom.

You send them a sample from your old carpet, that you cut from an area that wasn't ever in the sun, and they will send you their 3 closest matches. You pick from the three.

135sohc
11-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Stock interiors offers their carpet with the heavy rubber backing. Adds $60 to the price

http://www.stockinteriors.com/massback.asp?RetItem=603

GLHSKEN
01-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Stock interiors offers their carpet with the heavy rubber backing. Adds $60 to the price

http://www.stockinteriors.com/massback.asp?RetItem=603

Just bought carpet for the Shelby Lancer from Stock interiors. Got here yesterday.... Bought the "plush" charcoal with the "factory" style backing. WOW, nice carpet... Bought "plush" floormats to match. $330 shipped for everything.

It is ACC Brand carpet... Came in the ACC box

iTurbo
01-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Hey Ken how does the carpet you bought for the SL match the stock carpet color/texture-wise? I'm going to be buying carpet for my SL soon as well as installing my nicer seats.

GLHSKEN
01-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Hey Ken how does the carpet you bought for the SL match the stock carpet color/texture-wise? I'm going to be buying carpet for my SL soon as well as installing my nicer seats.

I didn't even try to match it. I wanted the charcoal color.... Their shades of gray are Medium and just Gary. Medium looks to be the better match. I would say the GLHS's use the Gray.

Texture wise... The plush is MUCH nicer than the stock Carpet.... Very dense...

Looked at the Std pile carpet colors... 8078 - Dark Grey/Quartz is the best match...

iTurbo
01-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks Ken, good to know! I guess I'm not exactly stuck on 100% stock either.