PDA

View Full Version : Injector removal...and general clean up ideas.

85_600
03-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Since everyone is trying to talk me into doing a T2 conversion, :D With the warm temps today I got the "do something" bug. I have the injector harness for a conversion and I wanted to remove the injectors that are in there. I got the clips off but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the injector out of the bung on the rail. Do I just pull it out? I tried that with a twisting motion but the thing would not budge.

Also, what ways are there to clean up the one piece intake - the outside of it. It's a bit dirty, along with the rail. Just something like Simple Green?

Thanks,
P

altered7151
03-29-2006, 07:31 PM
The only thing holding the injectors in is the clips, once those are off they just slide out. That is unless the o-rings have dried up and are sticking to the rail. Try spraying a little PB blaster or something in there to loosen them up, if not just give them a good yank, it'll probably rip the o-rings, but if they're that dried you need new ones anyways. Simple Green works pretty good to clean them, so does Easy-Off oven cleaner, just dont leave it on too long.

BIG PSI
03-29-2006, 08:04 PM
If you need help cleaning and detailing PM me your number as I love to do that kind of stuff. I live in Ravenna if that is close to you..

Chuck

:thumb:

85_600
03-29-2006, 10:45 PM
If you need help cleaning and detailing PM me your number as I love to do that kind of stuff. I live in Ravenna if that is close to you..

Chuck

:thumb:

About 30 minutes from me, if that. Yea, I'll be in touch. When? IDK, but I will be. :)

turbo xtc
04-30-2006, 08:13 AM
use compressed air and when i install mine i use a little vaseline to reinstall them makes a little easier when i remove them again nad only use about 70 lbs of air