PDA

View Full Version : bought another cuda

1966 dart wagon
11-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Just went and picked up my second barracuda today woohoo its a 68 318, auto car, just for parts for now, the bumpers alone were worth the price, along with the auto floor shifter brackets and the upper seat restraint belts too.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/68cudafront.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/68cuda.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/1966dartwagon/fendertag.jpg

It was raining out so I didn't get a chance to snap any more pictures, the guy kept the ralley wheels on it in the pics, bummer i wanted them, but now it sets on a set of 4 buick steelies...i knew gms were good for something :lol:

spoolinhard
11-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Badass. I always wished I would have rather bought a cuda fastback than my challenger. Floors pretty rusty?

1966 dart wagon
11-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Badass. I always wished I would have rather bought a cuda fastback than my challenger. Floors pretty rusty?

actually not to bad, Ive seen worse but for it having no windows id say its good. Plus the tags on it were from 77

karlak
11-06-2008, 11:49 PM
One for sale here. Just dont have the space to store projects.

spoolinhard
11-07-2008, 10:55 AM
How did you find it? Looks like it came out of a remote area. Get a good deal?

1966 dart wagon
11-07-2008, 01:11 PM
a guy my dad knows actually pointed us in the direction, he was going to just scrap it, so we saved it:clap: hate to see the old cars get crushed, sure there isn't anything really left but the fenders on it are in better condition then the ones on my 69, although they are about done now...figures.

Ive seen cars in this condition go for 10x as much on ebay so no way I/my dad could pass it up

Csx254
11-07-2008, 07:47 PM
There is a '68 local to me. Not sure if its for sale, but its in decent shape for just sitting. been next to this guys garage for years. I never stopped, I have to many projects. Now if it was a '70 challenger......hmm

1966 dart wagon
11-07-2008, 09:08 PM
CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 318cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: Unknown tire code
BUILD DATE: March 07.
AXLE: 2.76 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Light Green Metallic Paint.
OTHER: Black Upper Door Frame Color. Black Horizontal Accent Stripe.

MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings

ABC OPTIONS:
R1: AM Radio
X2: Tinted Windshield Only

abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)

fender tag decoded :eyebrows:

GLHS592
11-07-2008, 09:46 PM
'68 Cudas are one of my top 3 favorite Mopars. First year for the 340 and those one year only round side markers are so cool.

spoolinhard
11-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Too bad it is going to get parted. Maybe somethig left to restore when you are done?

Tony Fields
11-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Good find

Bumpers do look good....no such luck for me on my '67

Hope I'm allowed to list the following link in this thread.

You might want to come over to the below site and take a look:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/

Like it says....for A body Mopars

Tony

R/T
11-09-2008, 10:28 AM
I *NEED* a fastback Cuda....

There's a 67 (no side markers) Formula S fastback in a junkyard here, but they won't sell it!!! :banghead:

All glass is good, but it is totally rusted, windows have been down for looks like 30 years. Raccoon nests inside, etc... :mad:

I guess it's a 273...

1966 dart wagon
11-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Too bad it is going to get parted. Maybe somethig left to restore when you are done?

well the 2 main things i want are the front and rear bumpers and the upper seat belt harnesses, the frame is pretty rusty in the back, it could be fixed, so in that case it is still a roller, install some lexicon(or however its spelled) windows throw a hemi in it, Fiberglass front end/bumpers, you have a SS Barracuda clone.

Good find

Bumpers do look good....no such luck for me on my '67

Hope I'm allowed to list the following link in this thread.

You might want to come over to the below site and take a look:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/

Like it says....for A body Mopars

Tony
Funny you should mention it, since I use to be on the form all the time and already have a thread up there, i actually got the link for TD/TM by seeing it in your Sig and seeing your boost gauge going dang! I wanna do that. So then i started check out the site about the time i wanted a TM and then about a month later bought one and have been on here almost every day.

Tony Fields
11-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Funny you should mention it, since I use to be on the form all the time and already have a thread up there, i actually got the link for TD/TM by seeing it in your Sig and seeing your boost gauge going dang! I wanna do that. So then i started check out the site about the time i wanted a TM and then about a month later bought one and have been on here almost every day.

Small World