PDA

View Full Version : interest in fiberglass replacement pieces

overboostmotorsports
11-05-2008, 12:51 PM
well been toying with the idea for a long time of offering fiberglass repro pieces for unobtainium stuff so i need your thoughts on what you would like. these will be the small pieces first, then bigger pices such as body parts. what i would like is a list and what you think you would pay for the item. i have several mold makers to shop with that are local to me so quality control can be watch.

i have come up with these so far

g body t-top trim complete set
g body sill plates
g body a pillar w/2 gauge pod 2 1/16 complete not an overlay
g body center stack (heater vent area) 2 gauge pod 1990-93
t3 stock valley cover

LMK

Norm

rare_ram
11-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Someone on TD had the side pieces for the fron Shelby spoiler on L-bodies made before. I know the originals are very hard to come by in good shape.

Xtrempickup
11-05-2008, 05:26 PM
the 90 center trim is different in length than the 91-93

overboostmotorsports
11-05-2008, 08:03 PM
the 90 center trim is different in length than the 91-93

i was aware of that thank you for pointing it out and making me write a more specific listing:thumb:

so it would be model specific if somoeone has one and premade to direct fit

one mold can be made and modified with finished ends for either years

Norm

Xtrempickup
11-05-2008, 08:08 PM
if you wanted to make Californian Rampage side skirts id be interested

rare_ram
11-05-2008, 08:20 PM
I thought of that too. Just about everyone with a Page wants them.

87csx51
11-06-2008, 02:03 AM
I would definetley be intereseted in t-top trim. Would this be the black pieces on the outside?

overboostmotorsports
11-06-2008, 08:44 AM
I would definetley be intereseted in t-top trim. Would this be the black pieces on the outside?

yes outside trim on the doors and body you would re-use the metal filler clip.

Norm

rich tideswell
11-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Norm, if you're interested in making unobtainuim fiberglass parts, I would strongly consider making the 6 piece side skirts for 92/93 Daytona ES/ IROC and IROC R/T, or the 89 CSX-VNT body cladding, or perhaps the 87/88 and 89 CSX grills. Just my two pennies, take'em for what they're worth.

overboostmotorsports
11-06-2008, 09:47 AM
yes 1992-93 gfx are of HUGE interest as i would like to make one myself and have a couple of customers that have unique 92-93's (dealer show car and shelby iroc) iwas looking at having the 2 piece side body skirts as one piece i hate seams in gfx's

but wanted to start with small pieces then move to the larger items.then again dermand will dictate what gets made.

Norm

rich tideswell
11-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I think a one peice part would be neat, but I'm not sure you could make an exact repo in one peice due to the deep scoop out on the rear portion. i belive the part would be die-locked and thats why its 2 peice from the fatory

overboostmotorsports
11-06-2008, 12:00 PM
a flange w/cleko pins and there will be a little casting flash from the gelcoat to remove and a skim coat of glaze.......beauty :D like i said hate seams:Dso i figured the angles to get around them. i have no marker lights/reflectors in my 87 nose and rear cover hate them TOO !!!!

Norm

spaceman
11-25-2008, 10:26 AM
i wouldlove to see a csx grill side skirts and a rear bumper made as you cant really find them just my two cents

blk86trbo
12-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Driver's side door panel armrest/inner door pull for the 90+ G bodies...a sturdy base that could be recovered with vinyl or leather would be nice

banger68
12-16-2008, 01:50 PM
There are some body and gfx pieces here

http://www.hairyglass.com/daytona.html

Mostly race stuff though.

I would like T-top trim. Straight uncracked top door trim would be real nice.

RAPIDTRANSIT
12-16-2008, 04:05 PM
+1 for CSX grill

inmyshadow
12-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Norm how about a Pbody center console gauge pod. Something to replace the just the clock/boost gauge. But leaves the message center intact.

Of coursing I'm all for 89 CSX like grill or insert.

overboostmotorsports
12-20-2008, 01:18 AM
There are some body and gfx pieces here

http://www.hairyglass.com/daytona.html

Mostly race stuff though.

I would like T-top trim. Straight uncracked top door trim would be real nice.

hairyglass stuff is extended in all the wrong places to fit nicely on a stock chassis i spent sometime talking with them. it is doable but no inner flange for the fenders to bolt down. the side skirts are not factory lenght either. hood could be made to fit as a pin/dzus fastner use only

james that sounds like an idea and csx grilles/parts would fill a void. maybe after the holiday i will get together with you and work that out gotta finish up an iroc r/t ,89 daytona,89 caravan,and 360 grand cherokee conversion !!!!!

inmyshadow
12-20-2008, 05:25 PM
Sounds like a plan. I don't have weekends off right now. My current days off are thrus/fri. If it has be a weekend, let me know. I can go into work early. That would leave me free to head up in the afternoon.

later

james that sounds like an idea and csx grilles/parts would fill a void. maybe after the holiday i will get together with you and work that out gotta finish up an iroc r/t ,89 daytona,89 caravan,and 360 grand cherokee conversion !!!!!

bakes
12-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Replica body parts of the now crushed DC yellow bird . i would first in line.